Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > MSH Brain FBL Unit

MSH Brain FBL Unit MSH Brain Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2016, 03:11 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Jeti Ex-Bus setup problems [solved]

Ok, something screwy is going on here. I'm trying to switch my Protos 380 with mini brain over to Ex-Bus so I can use Jeti integration, but the channel setup is a mess.

To begin with, who on earth thought it would be a good idea to change the channel sequence when we switch from UDI to Ex-Bus? And doing that without any documentation of the channel sequence is just ridiculous. I've just had to waste 10 minutes wiggling sticks and watching the outputs on the transmitter setup screen to guess at the channel sequence. And when you have three idle up throttle curves, and three flight modes, working out which of those is which isn't exactly obvious.

Would it really be that hard to actually display the channel sequence somewhere in the software. Especially if you're going to change the channel order without telling us.

However, as frustrating as that was, that's all squared away now and the channels are in the right places. But now there's something wrong with the rudder. With the sticks centred, and the Jeti reporting 0 output on the rudder channel, the Transmitter Setup screen on the Brain shows 43% nose right.

The only way I can return that to centre is to use the full -100 subtrim allowed on the Jeti, which then gives me a 0 showing on the Brain. But that then limits me to a maximum of 55% nose left.

Something is clearly not right here. How can I get the brain to read this channel correctly, with mid stick as 0 on the brain, and the proper amount of rudder travel?

I'm very frustrated at the moment. I was planning to fly today, my first opportunity for a month, and what should have been a simple 30 minute change is looking like a nightmare.
myxiplx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2016, 03:23 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Problem solved. On the REX6 receiver I had to go into General Settings and change the Output Period from the default of 17ms to Auto.

Once I did that the rudder channel worked as expected.
Old 09-18-2016, 04:33 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

All the infos you are searching are in the README PDF file inside the Jeti integration brain.zip file downloadable from:
http://www.msheli.com/it/MSHeli-Prot...stem/downloads

You can find the readme also in this HF post:
https://www.helifreak.com/showpost.p...13&postcount=1
BrainDev is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2016, 05:44 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

To be honest, I didn't see the readme.pdf, I just used the software to set Ex-Bus. All the other brain documentation is contained within the program, and I expected this to be the same.

In that PDF it would be useful to move the note on channel order directly under step 10. Even had I been working through the PDF, I would have spotted the channel assignment problem at step 10 where you tell us to verify the channels.

I wouldn't have gotten to the note at the bottom of the page until much later on, after I'd already verified the channels as expected in step 10.

Thanks for replying on a weekend though :-)
Old 09-18-2016, 07:13 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

If setting with a never used Rex reciever the channels are mapped correctly for ex-bus

You changed the channels when you set the heli up originally with UDI.

Also very important, your travels are going to need adjusting from udi to EX Bus aswell.
Old 09-18-2016, 08:42 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just converted as well. All went fine, but I missed the note on the bottom of the readme file. Figured out channel assignments anyway. Humans--we just don't read the whole thing anymore!

Dan
Old 09-18-2016, 09:52 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

as mentioned, you had to change the channel assignments from the defaults when you switched to UDI. seems reasonable to assume you will need to change them when you switch again, away from UDI.

glad you got it going.
etherbatxx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2016, 12:39 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I also missed this info while setting up a new Brain2, but I had found the .pdf document on helifreak.

Just a little suggestion - make the Jeti integration .pdf doc, or a link to it, available via the s/ware itself. The s/ware is *awesome* for its sidebar, instructions and workflow - but lacks in terms of detailed info the the Jeti integration. Not sure if this is also the case for other integrations as well.

There has obviously been thousands of hours put into the s/ware so far - and its the best I've used to date - so please take this as a positive criticism / suggestion only.

Cheers!
johncclayton is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-19-2016, 02:20 PM   #9 (permalink)
The Airetic

In case anyone stumbles in here with the same problem, here is the How To vid I made for UDI to Jeti EXBus conversion.

This was all covered in it.

Brain 2- UDI to Jeti EX Bus Integration (15 min 49 sec)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in