Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Jeti Duplex Radio Systems

Jeti Duplex Radio Systems Jeti Duplex Radio Systems Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2013, 03:46 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puttputt maru View Post
Speaking of Mac what is your procedure when you unplug the Tx form your Mac.
I can never get it to eject the folder that opens up on my desktop and if I unplug the Tx or say yes disconnect USB I get that anoying message:

I have found one solution for me. I had noticed that when I choose eject to the desktop Jeti volume it was disappearing for an instance and then reappearing as if it was loading again. So when it disappeared I pressed the esc (F1) button on the Jeti Tx ( it says "To cancel press Escape button") and that did it, when I unplug the USB wire no more annoying message.

Must say it takes some patience because it takes a while for the volume to disappear, the same as the long time it takes to appear
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2013, 03:55 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

You need a ProfiBox or the USBa adapter to update the receivers. Buy the USBa adapter-- it's simple and good to have. I also recommend keeping a standard Jetibox on hand. While the new receiver firmware allows wireless switching in and out of clone mode it's still good to have a wired Jetibox "just in case." A couple months ago I accidentally switched one of my R9's to clone mode and couldn't connect to it. The only way to switch it back was to buy a Jetibox and connect via cable.

If your receiver was recently shipped (in the last week or so) it should already have v3.10 installed which already allows switchable 50hz/100hz transmissions between the TX to RX and the Device Explorer in TX firmware v2.0 will work with RX firmware v3.10 or v3.11

As others have mentioned, the PPM connector inside the TX outputs a direct pulse modulated sum signal of all the channels. You can use this to connect to other manufacturers RF modules or to a simulator via cable.
Jeti DC-16
Kiba is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2013, 03:59 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I got my two R7 recievers with my TX last Saturday and they were 3.07.
I haven't bound to the R9 which just arrived yet.
Old 05-04-2013, 04:37 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiba View Post
A couple months ago I accidentally switched one of my R9's to clone mode and couldn't connect to it. The only way to switch it back was to buy a Jetibox and connect via cable.
Anyone reading this should pay CLOSE attention to the quote above!!!
Old 05-04-2013, 05:25 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Josh, with the new v3.10 and v3.11 receiver firmware you can now switch out of clone mode via the TX wireless. I wasn't the only one to make the mistake of accidentally switching into clone mode while playing around only to find you needed a wired Jetibox or Profibox to switch it back to normal. Jeti decided to remedy that little pitfall in the latest RX firmware.

Still, for only 39 bucks it's a good idea to have a Jetibox around just in case you're having issues performing some setup functions wireless via the TX; you can then directly connect the Jetibox and a RX pack.

Keep in mind there is nothing functionally wrong or limited in the earlier RX firmwares (3.06, 3.07, etc.) The latest 3.10 and 3.11 merely enable setting the majority of the RX parameters via the Device Explorer; the menus in Device Explorer are far more streamlined, simpler, and more clear than doing it the old way via the Jetibox menus.

The Jetibox menus and programming options for the RX are far more comprehensive. Jeti developed the RX functions back when guys were using Jeti RF modules on other brands of TXs that had limited programming capabilities. For that reason in the RX software via the Jetibox it's possible to mix channels, blend channels, adjust channel gains & offsets, specify wing types and link channels for servo mixing, etc. That way you could program and setup a complex aircraft via the RX programming and use a very simple TX with a Jeti RF module or Profibox hooked up to it.

With a native Jeti TX that can perform all those setups those functions in the RX Jetibox menus really aren't needed anymore-- the Device Explorer is just a nice way of bringing all the applicable RX parameters such as output type, output rate, and failsafe parameters into a very clear and easy to access menu structure directly on the TX.
Jeti DC-16
Kiba is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2013, 05:43 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 3.11 receiver firmware update question

Great info, thanks!
Old 05-09-2013, 08:53 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

OK - I upgraded one of the receivers to 3.11 today. I did rebind it. So far OK.

Looks like I now have Servo, PPM pos., PPM neg. and Ex bus as Output mode options available.

However I none of those seem to work with the HC3SX any longer. At least the HC3SX does not recognize any inputs. What did I miss?
im4711 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2013, 09:09 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by im4711 View Post
OK - I upgraded one of the receivers to 3.11 today. I did rebind it. So far OK.

Looks like I now have Servo, PPM pos., PPM neg. and Ex bus as Output mode options available.

However I none of those seem to work with the HC3SX any longer. At least the HC3SX does not recognize any inputs. What did I miss?
Which receiver do you have? With the new update the ppm output slot locations have changed. Let us know what happens. Look below

PPM Output

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With the new Device Explorer system (Rx V3.10 or newer), this is how you set up your receiver for PPM output in direct mode:
- First, bind the receiver
- Then use the Device Explorer to select PPM output mode
- Next go into the Fail-Safe menu and select “Disabled”
- Your receiver will now be in PPM-Direct mode

Here is the new (V3.10 and newer) PPM output pin map:
R4US – Slot 4
R5US – Slot 5
R6US – Slot 6
R7US - SAT (Slot 11)
R9US - SAT (Slot 11)
R11US - SAT (Slot 11)
R14US - SAT2 (Slot 17)
R18US - SAT2 (Slot 17)

The PPM output was moved to these positions to help prevent accidental servo damage due to incorrect input.

Zb/Esprit Model
pcskyhi is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2013, 09:23 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I think I figured it out. My mistake in a way. Before the upgrade I used channel 1 pin to connect to the HC3SX while now only the SAT pin seem to work for the PPM signal.

I may have to finish the setup tomorrow morning. At least Helicommand responds now and all seem to be OK on both receivers.
Old 05-09-2013, 09:24 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Forgot to mention - I was using the R7US for this.

Whats Slot 11?
Old 05-09-2013, 09:41 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

Whats Slot 11?
Look at post # 28
Old 05-09-2013, 09:47 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

OK - I just read the Slot 11 and did not pay attention on the comment about SAT before it. It explained and as said I figured it but would have been cool to get the info on the website where we have the upgrade SW download. Just makes it easier since no info was in the info.txt file neither.

So all is good
Old 05-09-2013, 10:07 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

There is tons of info out there on the DC-16/DS-16 it is just not centralized any one place and you generally have to read through a ton of other stuff before you find what you need.

Question: Is the throttle hold switch a two position switch or a spring loaded one? Just wondering if I was going to have to swap it out or purchase another switch.
Old 05-10-2013, 01:54 AM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

If you want to use the front bottom right switch - yes its spring loaded. Swapping them is easy.
Old 05-10-2013, 06:26 AM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

Whats Slot 11?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcskyhi View Post
Look at post # 28
Not to make a point but none the less, this would not have been a problem with a Rsat2. One plug only no mistake or swap of pin possible.

Upgrades are fun but changes are a bitch
Old 05-10-2013, 08:33 AM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puttputt maru View Post
Not to make a point but none the less, this would not have been a problem with a Rsat2. One plug only no mistake or swap of pin possible.

Upgrades are fun but changes are a bitch
Ooooooooooooh, you said a bad word (at least in the U.S.A), Rsat2. Every time we bring up the Rsat2 we get blasted by people and get told How expensive it is to get FCC certification and to use the full size receiver options and be happy. I don't think it is realized how much easier it would make things for us in the heli community and they would sell plenty. There has been plenty discussion about this but bottom line, it is not happening for us in the U.S.A. You are blessed to have that option but you will get the rest of us (USA) in trouble saying anything about the Rsat2. Go away trouble maker. :-)
Old 05-10-2013, 09:10 AM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

What he said.
It's the only Jeti related topic that annoys me.

Personally I feel like they should be brought over after there has been a reasonable amount of profit made on the other Jeti gear because there pent is up user demand for it and it would make their customer base happy.

No one flying FBL helicopter's needs a Jeti receiver for anything but a simstick.
Old 05-10-2013, 09:27 AM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkovalcson View Post
What he said.
It's the only Jeti related topic that annoys me.

Personally I feel like they should be brought over after there has been a reasonable amount of profit made on the other Jeti gear because there pent is up user demand for it and it would make their customer base happy.

No one flying FBL helicopter's needs a Jeti receiver for anything but a simstick.
Supply and demand... We just need to keep reminding them of our interest.
Old 05-10-2013, 10:20 AM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seasick78 View Post
Supply and demand... We just need to keep reminding them of our interest.
+1
Old 05-10-2013, 11:09 AM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

OK, OK
We hear you and will set up a Rsat2 pre-order. When 700 are on order we will submit the Rsat2 for FCC grant approval.

Danny
F1 Rocket is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in