Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 500 Class Electric Helicopters

500 Class Electric Helicopters 500 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2007, 09:08 AM   #1 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location
Default Videos from Align

A couple of these got posted in my forum in the SpartanRC gyro post (since they are using this gyro on the machine) so I though I would share them here.

http://www.rotarypower3.com/Trex500%...king%20lot.wmv

This one is direct from Alan's MySpace page

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoID=20951393

Bob

Last edited by Finless; 11-09-2007 at 11:25 PM.. Reason: Unsticky as OLD news now
Finless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-28-2007, 12:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Man, he's like the best helicopter salesman ever!
Maxists The Baddist is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-29-2007, 10:21 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

take a very good look at 25 seconds on the align factory video. see the tail wobble?

also take real good notice of the oscillation in some parts. hard to see but i do catch it any ideas?
Jason Chow is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-29-2007, 10:36 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Alan S. is my friggin hero. The 500 looks like a sweet little ticket.
Old 10-29-2007, 10:36 PM   #5 (permalink)
Team Taco CEO

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftinsequence View Post
take a very good look at 25 seconds on the align factory video. see the tail wobble?

also take real good notice of the oscillation in some parts. hard to see but i do catch it any ideas?
I think that tail dip at 25 sec. was from the pilot. Also the oscillation at about 2:42 was a "Crack" move.

Don't Taco My Pack, Bro! ,
Why crash when you can POUND it!
fireup is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-31-2007, 12:17 AM   #6 (permalink)
HF Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireup View Post
I think that tail dip at 25 sec. was from the pilot. Also the oscillation at about 2:42 was a "Crack" move.
Hmm ... I see a bit of very noticable wag a little after :25. Did anyone else notice JK's touch-and-go at 1:18/1:19? Pretty awesome
ChrisH is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-31-2007, 12:49 AM   #7 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Guys if you HAVE NOT SEEN "crack" moves before then you need to know what this was and it WAS on purpose..... It;s the latest thing in 3D flight and shows HOW FAST the system can be manipulated.... At IRCHA many pilots were doing it on cyclic and the tail.

Bob
Old 10-31-2007, 01:33 AM   #8 (permalink)

you need to explain more about these 'crack' moves bob!!!
andeck is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-31-2007, 03:23 AM   #9 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by andeck View Post
you need to explain more about these 'crack' moves bob!!!
If this video doesnt explain it then I cant do much more

http://video.helifreak.com/?subpath=...bellsticks.wmv

Bob
Old 10-31-2007, 09:03 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Awesome vid, Bob. Saving that one for sure. I can execute a piro flip as it's more or less just timing rotations of the cyclic stick with the rotation of the tail, but controlled piroing maneuvers like that piro hurricane are a mystery to me.
Old 10-31-2007, 11:36 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

i know what the crack maneuver is and i know when alan was flying he did a sequence of them while he was doing a inverted slow piro and then into some slow flips, but im referring to some very difficult to see yet specific parts in the video when jk was flying it in the beginning. it looks like the tail was hunting in that move, some some pitch pumps and some climbouts, i see the tail kick out alittle bit. it could be pilot i do not know but i thought id mention it to see if others see it. i know the spartan gyro and the 3400g were used on the tail.

also things that im noticing. the helicopter has some very nice pull out and the motor on 4s seems way more than adaquate enough. i have seen the 6s video. what sucks though is there is music so you can't really hear the system as it gets into 3-4 minutes into the flight.

im also interested if this helicopter will be able to support a full size tail servo, say a 9256 or a 8900G for example. i also want to see some 5s videos
Old 10-31-2007, 05:30 PM   #12 (permalink)
HF Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftinsequence View Post
i know what the crack maneuver is and i know when alan was flying he did a sequence of them while he was doing a inverted slow piro and then into some slow flips, but im referring to some very difficult to see yet specific parts in the video when jk was flying it in the beginning. it looks like the tail was hunting in that move, some some pitch pumps and some climbouts, i see the tail kick out alittle bit. it could be pilot i do not know but i thought id mention it to see if others see it. i know the spartan gyro and the 3400g were used on the tail.

also things that im noticing. the helicopter has some very nice pull out and the motor on 4s seems way more than adaquate enough. i have seen the 6s video. what sucks though is there is music so you can't really hear the system as it gets into 3-4 minutes into the flight.

im also interested if this helicopter will be able to support a full size tail servo, say a 9256 or a 8900G for example. i also want to see some 5s videos
EXACTLY what I am pointing out. And yes, I have seen crack manuevers, they don't do them with the tail though. When JK reverts back to right-side-up and does a little pitch pump to stop from hitting the ground, you can see the tail step out and hunt a little bit.
Old 11-01-2007, 11:18 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

i think it might just be gyro, all the signs point to gyro and servo combo either setup or something else.

hehehe, my job is to pick it apart and find all the flaws. maybe the tail drive gear is too low thus causing a slower tail as you dont see this on the 6s video. or maybe its the new spartan gyro. either way, nothing is for sure until any of us see it in person which im dying to have one.
Old 11-02-2007, 06:13 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

any new Vid's ??
erniefritz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-03-2007, 04:44 PM   #15 (permalink)

hey trexflier02, if your talking about the tail wobble at 1.18....he hit the ground!!
Old 11-03-2007, 07:39 PM   #16 (permalink)
HF Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by andeck View Post
hey trexflier02, if your talking about the tail wobble at 1.18....he hit the ground!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by trexflyer02 View Post
Hmm ... I see a bit of very noticable wag a little after :25. Did anyone else notice JK's touch-and-go at 1:18/1:19? Pretty awesome
I think my previous post answers that...:wink:
Old 11-04-2007, 01:14 AM   #17 (permalink)

whoops..my bad, was in a rush
Old 11-06-2007, 03:16 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

the wag could have been his fingers too....?????
erniefritz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-2007, 05:49 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by trexflyer02 View Post
EXACTLY what I am pointing out. And yes, I have seen crack manuevers, they don't do them with the tail though. When JK reverts back to right-side-up and does a little pitch pump to stop from hitting the ground, you can see the tail step out and hunt a little bit.
I suspect this is the moment you are referring to. The helicopter actually hits the ground and the tail wobble is vertical not horizontal.

I exchanged quite a few of emails with Alan while he was in Taiwan and he did not mention any issues to me. In fact quite the opposite he was very pleased with the gyro. If you can pin point any other moments in the video please give me the exact times so I can play them in slow motion on the origional video file.

Anyway, here is a new video of Alan flying the trex 500: http://www.thetrexforums.com/?topic=2599.0

-Angelos

Angelos is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-2007, 07:35 PM   #20 (permalink)
HF Support

No, not at 1:18! I know he hit the ground, that was pretty cool :glasses2: But I'm talking about :26 - :28 or so.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in