Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > nano CP X

nano CP X Blade nano CP X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2014, 09:08 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default DFC Worth it?

Hello all. Okay, I'm very happy with how my NCPX is as of today. I've done everything to it I want to do to it and it's locked in solid.
So, that said, is it worth going DFC? Would my basic sport flying style notice the difference at all? Or would it be cosmetic? It certainly look's cleaner than having that follower on the head piece. But would response be any different or is it only noticeable on hard 3D flying?

Also, which brand makes the best DFC, I notice they all make them now. But, as my bird has mostly MicroHeli parts, I'd more likely stick with them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2014, 09:29 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Biggest advantage I found going with the Xtreme setup, is the feathering shaft. Unbreakable. I managed to break the ******* threads out of the blade grip though.

I will be calling to see if they can ship me just the one grip or if I need the new kit.

I'm using the stock hub, BTW.

I made too many changes at once to notice the effect of the DFC head, but my heli felt great!
Old 05-23-2014, 09:47 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

DFC XTREME is great it has the bigger feathering shaft and it makes it a lot more stable. I would also get the stretch Lynx Blades they are great
motp4tj1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2014, 09:20 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

I hardly ever crash my bird as I don't fly often, and don't fly hard enough to cause crashes. So, not sure if the stronger feathering shaft is needed. But how does it respond with the DFC compared to normal?
Old 05-24-2014, 04:13 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varc View Post
So, that said, is it worth going DFC? Would my basic sport flying style notice the difference at all? Or would it be cosmetic? But would response be any different or is it only noticeable on hard 3D flying?
My understanding is that DFC heads were designed to assist 3D smack pilots achieve a lower COG to assist in a faster, tighter roll rate. Therefore, in my mind, if you already have it blinged out, and your only doing sport flying, you have no real need for it but if you like the looks go for it.

0.02c
BeamHangar is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2014, 04:49 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have tried it on my nanos (Lynx DFC). While the inputs are more precise during flight, even mild crashes break a solid mainshaft. I switched back to non-DFC as I broke all 6 of my spare mainshafts in a week.

TheMark is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2014, 05:43 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Xtreme productions DFC for the win. Total better design. There seems to be less play in all parts of the head. Also the center hub clamps to the flat parts at the top of the mainshaft instead of screw tips pushing on the flat spots. Thicker spindle is needed because all brands of metal heads bend the spindle easily. All metal heads are for brushless otherwise run stock with metal swash due to the weight or just fly heavy, slower and for less time.

The screws and screw holes are nice on the xtreme DFC head and the lynx, they are ok on microheli (almost easily strippable) and they strip easy on the Rakonheli everything. Soft aluminum strips.
Old 05-25-2014, 02:45 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Last fall I went with the Lynx DFC grips along with the Lynx swash and what a huge difference! The handling is very precise and stable. The added weight over the plastic grips and head probably has something to do with it but the heli is absolutely stable and I was able to perform all kinds of maneuvers that I struggled with using the original grips.

Definitely worth it!
Old 05-26-2014, 09:45 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

i have a dfc headed bird and a stock headed one, i like the idea of a dfc head this small but in reality i don't think think it has much of an impact on flight... i can't say for sure untill my second brushless kit arrives so i can compare them both that way but they both flip super tight...

im sure it's benefits are more and more evident as you get larger and larger heli's, but the only thing ive noticed with this little dude is that the dfc likes to bend metal parts, on about half of my crashes it bends up my servo rods, and often pops my anti-rotation pin out of the slot, and sometimes even bends the arms of my blade grips...im always worried that a metal part is slightly bent enough to affect performance.

then i grab my stock heli and its super smooth, because the stock parts mostly break before they bend, and rarely even do that so it's always in perfect alignment and there is no need to worry about it.

that said i still like the dfc just for it's simplicity, and the fact that helps the nano look more like a real rc heli...i just don't believe it's helping performance all that much, not in a way most people would notice anyway...
sethf8403 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in