Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Henseleit

Henseleit Henseleit Helicopters

Like Tree31Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2014, 02:41 PM   #661 (permalink)
HF Support

My 2009 TDR is my beater, it just flies so smooth, is so accommodating to differing flight styles and feels so comfortable,that it continues to enjoy Most Favoured Heli status. Have to say the TDR 2013! With SF2 handles very similarly despite the full fuze
Advertisement

Old 07-12-2014, 02:50 PM   #662 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercuriell View Post
My 2009 TDR is my beater, it just flies so smooth, is so accommodating to differing flight styles and feels so comfortable,that it continues to enjoy Most Favoured Heli status. Have to say the TDR 2013! With SF2 handles very similarly despite the full fuze
Right now my 550SX is my beater, and my 2012 TDR Is just a great flier !

Picture from earlier today.

Old 07-12-2014, 05:39 PM   #663 (permalink)
HF Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkovalcson View Post
Right now my 550SX is my beater, and my 2012 TDR Is just a great flier !

Picture from earlier today.
Poor Banshee, all bagged away and unloved
Old 07-12-2014, 06:08 PM   #664 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Poor Banshee, all bagged away and unloved
It will rise again I just got my 550SX back together, now I'll focus on the Banshee. I have a preliminary parts list together. I just need to verify that I didn't miss anything and then I'll make an expedited order.
Old 07-12-2014, 08:52 PM   #665 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nice machines. How does it work with the banshee and parts? Do you just put in the order with your registration information to verify you owned one of the original 50?

also, on a slightly different topic, can I ask you a question about the torque tube on the TDR?

I was doing a teardown and bearing check while waiting for my ESC/motor to be examined by Kontronik, and saw your post on the triple bearing distances along the torque tube assembly. I was a bit unclear on its perspective, and how it was measured.

Am I looking at the model from the right or left (it says brass collet to the front or nut to the front, etc) and how am I measuring the spacing between bearings? end of the shaft drive collar to the tip of the collar? or center of bearing to center of next bearing?
Old 07-12-2014, 09:39 PM   #666 (permalink)
Registered Users

As a registered Banshee owner you have a username and password to the Banshee store and Banshee forum. If you sell your Banshee, you send an email to them and they dissable your account and create a new account for the new owner. Their parts are available for order like most other store fronts that have password protection like for wholesalers.

I'm not sure if this was specific enough.

227mm inside TT Frame side end piece to inside 1st bearing. Copper on left.
160mm inside TT 1s bearing to 2nd bearing Nut on left
185mm inside TT 2nd bearing to 3rd bearing Nut on left
205mm inside TT 3rd bearing to inside TT end Tail
Old 07-13-2014, 12:04 AM   #667 (permalink)
Registered Users

I was a little unsure of the wording. What did you mean by "frame side"? I ask because I could have the helicopter oriented right or left. I do not know if the collet facing forward or backwards makes a difference, but looking at it from the left or right will invert that choice.

And I am also a bit dense as to the measuring from point to point. Should I end the measurements at the start of the brass collar (or the nut, depending on orientation), or the bearing itself?
Old 07-13-2014, 04:32 AM   #668 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by irresponsibility View Post
I was a little unsure of the wording. What did you mean by "frame side"? I ask because I could have the helicopter oriented right or left. I do not know if the collet facing forward or backwards makes a difference, but looking at it from the left or right will invert that choice.

And I am also a bit dense as to the measuring from point to point. Should I end the measurements at the start of the brass collar (or the nut, depending on orientation), or the bearing itself?
Good point I was looking at it with the frame on the left.
I was measuring between the parts. If you don't do it that way you would end up with too long a measurement on the last length.
Old 07-13-2014, 04:33 AM   #669 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi.
"Frame side" means towards mechanic.
osat is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2014, 07:18 AM   #670 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by osat View Post
Hi.
"Frame side" means towards mechanic.
Sorry, I'm not familiar with that use of "Frame side".
Old 07-15-2014, 03:38 PM   #671 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default What did you do with your TDR today ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wblombard View Post
...the TDR is such a great machine and Im actually pretty pissed off that Jan does not sell any more kits. Damn I should never have sold my spare kit....

I have a full spare kit, and I only need a set of frames, torque tube and boom to make another kit...

Maybe the full kit could use a new home...?

ElectricSheep is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-27-2014, 09:51 AM   #672 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
This morning I went out and flew for a while with just my 550SX and TDR again.

I was thinking about getting another 6S beater, but I think I've decided that would be a waste. I was thinking maybe a TT E700 since the parts are cheaper, but I really don't crash that much these days and I don't find my TDR lacking in any way. I think i just need some more 12S packs and need to fly more of my TDR back to back. It's been a whole year since I crashed my TDR and I do have a full set of backup parts for it, so why not just put some serious hours on it?

So now I've come full circle and think that I definitely will build up a TDR-2 and see what it is all about and hope that I love it.
Old 07-27-2014, 10:18 AM   #673 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't think I can get on the list for the fancy new TDR, but I can probably get oat to paint up my TDR speed canopy with the TDR-2 scheme. I just wish I had a carbon canopy like the banshee, that would look mean... Gloss carbon weave with racing red TDS "canopy" and stripes design.

I did manage to do some checkups and anal-retentive level organizing of the extra parts that came with this used airframe purchase, and I'm about $360 away from owning a complete 2nd frame. Not sure what I'd do with it besides put it on a wall hanger, but yeah... always nice to have spares.
Old 07-27-2014, 04:23 PM   #674 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've been trying to evaluate what I really enjoy the most in this hobby and I enjoy flying the bigger helis a lot more. I only fly at a large airfield now, so what the heck!

So I've decided that the TDR-2 should be very enjoyable to build and presents some new challenges, ie. retractable landing gear and possibly 3 blades. It also looks to be something very special like the TDR "classic" was when it was introduced.

So let the fun begin! I think I'll set this one up for speed from the very beginning and see how that goes.
Old 07-27-2014, 07:27 PM   #675 (permalink)
HF Support

I hope they don't offer the TDR-S as ready built as Minicopter and Banshee have done for their speed offerings - really takes away from the fun IMHO
Old 07-27-2014, 08:33 PM   #676 (permalink)
Registered Users

My guess is it will be a kit, just to save Jan some time... I'd imagine he would trust his customers enough to put tab A into slot B
Old 07-28-2014, 02:23 PM   #677 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I hope they don't offer the TDR-S as ready built as Minicopter and Banshee have done for their speed offerings - really takes away from the fun IMHO
I doubt you have anything to worry about. There will be a LOT more TDR-2's and TDS's than there are Banshees. It appears 8 x as many just in line right now. Over time that number will only be much larger.

I think that for the SD and Banshee which were both short production runs it may have been more of a liability issue where they didn't wany any issues with assembly so they just verified everything at the factory.
Old 08-03-2014, 10:20 PM   #678 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

My (previously) spare TDR kit landed at its new home today...
ElectricSheep is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2014, 11:52 PM   #679 (permalink)
Registered Users

I wonder where it went.......
wblombard is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-05-2014, 11:56 AM   #680 (permalink)
Registered Users

Updated my TDR to the new 4.00 firmware for its SK-720 BE. I've already test flown a couple smaller helis in the backyard. This firmware update is a very noticable improvement and EXTREMELY locked in. Let me emphasize that again. Wow! I'm impressed with what they've done. Given how well my smaller helis are flying, I can only imagine how the bigger ones will fly.

FYI, it now asks you to specify the heli size / rpm range as one of the configuration parameters.

I think the SK-720 BE is finally starting to utilize its much faster ARM processor to generate a real benefit.

It also has a pitch boost parameter that will accellerate a pitch change when it is a fast pitch change and allows a pile of parameters to be driven by the TX.

I can't wait to get my TDR out to the airfield and see how it does with FFF and maybe a little FFFF if I can manage it

FYI, It also now lets you adjust the linearity of the servo travel TDR-2 ready! ( edit: It has a linear swash option so there is no adjustment. It's linear or the stock curve. )

BTW there is a bit of genius to this. The heli is stable and smooth until you start hammering it and then it's a blur depending on how much pitch boost you've added. I like it!

Last edited by mkovalcson; 08-05-2014 at 07:31 PM..
mkovalcson is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in