Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > nano CP X

nano CP X Blade nano CP X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2014, 09:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Two new flight behaviors

Recently my Nano started two different things. Would like some help to fix:

1. In flight, for no reason - in a hover - the heli shakes and shudders - a light but annoying tremble. Then it smooths out and goes away. It might come back every 40 seconds or so. Ideas?

2. On start up, the power suddenly dies - then powers back up and stays on just fine. I have to wait before taking off to see if it gets past that point. Ideas?
Biggiekay is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-01-2014, 10:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

The first issue could be the feathering shaft, my ncpx does the power on power off thing, on mine it's the battery conection on the board needs re soldering.
terryv83 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-02-2014, 04:19 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Issue 1) could also be dirty servo(s), especially if you haven't cleaned them for some while. The Nano is making constant adjustments in-flight, so the servos are always on the move. If the tracks aren't clean, that can mean the servo thinks it's out of position and moves far too much, then it "realises" and goes back. Doing that will cause a shake.

Issue 2) could well be a power issue, weak batteries, poor connection to battery or board etc. Mine sometimes does it though, if it does I "reboot" because I don't trust it to fly properly. If it's more than a now-and-then thing it's worth looking into.
Buzzfly BE (aka Walkera 4#3B)
wulfrun is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-02-2014, 04:24 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

The shiver in a hover is most certainly oxidized servos! Deoxit or a manual cleaning will solve this problem. Just did it on my BL.

The 2nd problem sounds like a bad battery, unless it is with all your cells. Then I am not sure...could be a number of things all related to poor or loose connectivity.

obi

Exploring the other side of the disk: Taranis (+OrangeRX). nanoCPX (AD mild-BLv2), mCPX dbl-BL (BLHeli XP-12A/HP10+XP-7A/HP03T-4000KV), Align-AD Trex 150 (BLheli+HP8).
Obijuan Kenobe is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-02-2014, 08:24 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Motor be going bad?
Old 06-03-2014, 09:58 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

When a dirty servo causes it to shake, it will usually be sporadic. The dirtier they get, the more it will shake, until it does it all the time. All of the mcpx's I've had (3) were really bad about that, I was always cleaning the servo's. My Nano's haven't done it yet and one of them is like two years old. I was the first person to get one from my lhs, I grabbed one off of the pallet before he had a chance to put them on the shelf. Any time one of my Nano's would shake, well more of a shiver, it was because the blade grips/feathering spindle was a little loose.

Every AS3X based heli that I've ever had would cut out every now and then. Most of them, I would just rebind and the problem would go away. Again, except for the mcpx's. They were the most problematic helicopters I ever had. If rebinding don't work and your batteries are good, you have a bad connection somewhere.
Mark Ball is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2014, 06:05 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Two new flight behaviors

+1 to what others have suggested.

1) I know this sounds stupid but have you checked the main gear, it will slide up and down causing the vibes to come and go. 2) Like everyone else has suggested, the servos might need a cleaning 3) Also, motor or main board has gone bad, check all your connection wires on the board. Make sure none have come loose.

Sent from flying shrapnel that once was a heli
Wildcat1214 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in