Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Mikado Logo Helicopters

Mikado Logo Helicopters Mikado Logo Helicopters Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2006, 06:39 AM   #21 (permalink)

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Well.... I USPS'd Priority Mail Insured to Bob a week ago yesterday, along with another package of his EVO Packs and the packs got there but my L14 box has not!

All this stuff is brand new.
L14
Stretch parts and upgrades
Mains and Tail Blades
Tango 45-07 12T Pinion.
Hacker 77-O-Heli ESC and Programmer Box
319, 9650's, 611/9256
10s1p EVO 3700 Pack
1800 RX pack and NIP Duralite Regulator/Stepdown

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2006, 05:03 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Something sounds wrong. The package should have gotten there by now, have you tried to track it? Hope they havent lost it in our wonderful USPS... :?
gordohigh is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2006, 03:11 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Was wondering if one of you L14 experts could answer some questions,
I have been in the market and waiting for the Razor - but after watching the L14 fly - its seem like a potential candidate over the Razor - looks like a better power to weight ratio and very quick - could someone help me with a few questions,
1. What is the most potent motor and battery combo.
2. What kind of flight times could i expect.
3. It seems you can run this with one pack, maybe 6S and not 10S like the Razor
4. What upgrades are required with the L14 - every heli. sometimes needs a few things which i see on the Mikado threads.
5. What ESC is the best - do you run on Gov. or just curves
6. What blades are people running - both main and tail.
7. anything negative about this heli.
8. Are parts readily available,
Any help would be appreciated, as I am in the market for a new eheli. for aggressive 3D,
Thank you,
JH
buster1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2006, 04:26 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default My thoughts....

I will try my part in answering what I can based on what I know and my opinion, others will jump in and correct me or add as needed, lol. :thumbsup2:

1. Potent Motor = Dannys crazy Actro 24-3 motor, or Hacker A50-16S "10 Pole" on 17tooh , NEU 1912-1Y on 10 tooth, Tango 45-08 on 10 tooth, Tango 45-07 on 12 tooth, Orbit 30-12 on 15 tooth. Potent Lipo = Flightpower 10S1P in 3700mah fashion

2. If you are looking for some hard collective maneuvers and 3D expect a top performance for 5-5.5 mins.

3. 10S is the best, unlike the razor it is one Lipo not two 5S1P in series, one stick pack is what is required, anything less than 10S is not very 3D freindly imho.

4. Nothing is really needed, seriously. I personally however suggest the aluminum motor mount, and a aluminum washout with brass insert for minimum things to get.

5. Jazz Kontronik 55-10-32 is the ultimate esc for the Logo 14, governor mode is awesome!

6. These all work, not in order of preference but what I have tried.
Mains = 570 Rotortech razor Pros, 580mm MS Composites, 580 Mikado BBTs, 600mm V-Blades, 600mm Thunder Tiger, 600mm Radix. Note the 600mm blades require you use a Logo 20 boom and belt. Tail = 85mm NHP, 90mm MAH, 92mm Radix, 95mm V-Blades

7. Nothing it is my favourite machine out of anything I have flown, which is why I have a few of them and sold all my nitros!

8. Yes parts are available throughout several vendors in the world.

Conclusion: Buy it, you will love it, and you will never regret it after the first time you fly it you will then understand.

Welcome to the club :mrgreen:
Old 10-14-2006, 05:13 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

great, thanks so much for the info. - after considering the Razor and also the Trex 600 - the L14 in the videos truly looks the best bang for buck performance - none of the other Ehelis. look like they can get thrown around like that - also on one lipo, not two in parallel and also the heli. looks to have better performance - most likely regarding the weight,
Thanks again,
oh, how much do those 10S packs go for?
Great info.!!!!
Jeff
Old 10-14-2006, 05:21 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Jeff,, New Formualtion Flight Power packs in the 10S1P fashion go for $390-410 USD depending on vendor, but most are $395 USD from a quick look on the net. This would be the lipo for a L14. Now if you were settiing up a Razor you would be looking at two 5S1P 3700mah packs, which are in the 210 each range making it a 420 "ish" investment for the pair. Lipo wise both machines are going to cost you around the same. The Logo 14 is around a lb lighter than the Razor. :glasses2:
Old 10-14-2006, 05:29 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Shawn,
A few more questions, as I am now confused between either getting the razor or L14,
1. Can I use regular sized servos - if not, which ones are the best? 9650? for this heli.
2. Which motor would you choose if I wanted really strong 3D and what pinion - I know you gave me a few choices, which seems to be plus 5 minutes and potent.
3. Which online store has most of what I need?
4. What pitch range are you running.

In your opinion, why would you choose the L14 over the Razor - please state your case - because a pound difference, one pack, compared to two and whats seems to be a much quicker heli. - seems very compelling to me.
The only thing I have heard which don't know is true - is that the L14 is not as structurally strong as the Razor - is the L14 reliable,
Thats about all I can think off - again, thanks for answering all my questions, really appreciate it,
Jeff
Old 10-14-2006, 11:18 PM   #28 (permalink)
NTM
Registered Users

1. No regular servos, 9650s work very well.
2. Shawn raves about the orbit 30-12 on a 15 tooth pinion, good power and easy on batteries.
3. www.rcflightstore.com www.readyheli.com www.espritmodels.com
4. I believe he was using 11 or 12 degrees.

I was in the same boat trying to choose between the razor, logo 14 and trex 600.
I believe the rex's strength is price. It's heavy and underpowered though.
The logo 14 can't be beat for power to weight. I can't speak for the razor, but the logo's airframe is very stiff. I can't imagine it getting more solid !
The razor really is a .90 size heli, the only reason (knowing what I know now) I'd get one would be to stretch it to 690mm blades. The reason people say it flies like a bigger heli, is probably because it is bigger, heavier.
You don't have to look any further than the actro 24-4 videos to see that the logo 14 is much more nimble with an identical power setup to the razor. A pound is alot !

Shawn is right though, you just have to have the pleasure of owning a logo 14 before you get it. It's comparable to driving a chevrolet all your life and then getting your first bmw, it's not one thing that stands out about it, it's just that everything is so well thought out, and just works flawlessly.
NTM is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2006, 11:56 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Jeff,

Ok NTM answered alot, I will go further to try and answer what you have left...
Pitch range on 580mm blades I use 11/11 and on Vblade 600s I run 10/10 pitch. The L14 is "super reliable" I lube the one way as you would any heli at least every 25 flights or so as a rule, general wear and tear inspections but nothing wears funny if you do the fisrt build correctly and your setup is good. I can't say how well the Razor is built even by the pictures, I will tell you when I try mine out, but I can say I really like the simplicity of the Logo frames as well as the simplicity in maintenence. I can take the main gear off to lube one way in less than 2 mins on a logo, I can repack the thrusts in the head in less than 5 mins as well. It is really easy to work on. For me I think the L14 is going to be kind for awhile due to design, simplicity and proven and yes it is a light machine. It is going to take alot for the Razor to get the power to weight ratio any wheres close to the L14. Now it is hard to really put down MinAir as their stuff is made so well. All I can say is I really enjoy my L14s and they are very consitent flight after flight and very predictable once you harness them.

Being in USA you would likely have best luck with FXAeromodels, or Readyheli, those would be my choices living in USA. Ken at rcflightstore is great to deal with as well and is almost stocked up on all Logo parts as well.

And yes I like the Orbit as I feel it has a consitent feel in the flight time, it still can pull over 80 amps but for the most part everything always is cool on landings and lipos never exceed 100.

BTW this thread kind of got hijacked,,, sorry about that!!! :mrgreen:
Old 10-15-2006, 09:10 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Shawn, If you had to personally pick a motor - I want aggressive 3D and 5 minutes plus flight time - what motor and pinion would you choose?? What is Andy and those top guys running.
Also, is there a motor - that is close to being the most potent, but offers longer flight times. I would have to assume the Tango can go 8 minutes with this heli. and still offer some pretty good aggressive flying.

I wonder why more people aren't flying this heli. after watching the videos.

I understand clint is flyin the 3700's now and has cut off 6-7 ounces off his heli. due to this - he said it has really quickened up the heli. - although, the logo will still be 9-10 onces lighter - I guess that is where these helis. performance changes.
Old 10-15-2006, 03:39 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Andy is using a A50-16S "10 pole" with 17 tooth. There is no motor currently that is offering much more than 5 minutes "safely". Due to the limitation of the mah available from the packs out right now. You have to remember that once you put in a bigger lipo than a 3700mah lipo your weight goes up, then of course your power to weight ratio is different and needing more power etc....Either of tha Tangos 45-07 or the 08 are not going to give you longer flight times, the 08 will run abit cooler than most motors, while the 07 on 12 tooth or up is still going to run warmer on the 120+ deg F side, with a 13 tooth it is cooking hot. Now as far as more people flying these helis, well alot do, just not as many as a t-rex etc,, simply due to the cost of the heli and of course the main thing the electronics to accomadate the heli, lipos, esc and motor costs etc are all considerably more, imho all worth it though.

I personally myself as mentioned fly the Orbit 30-12 on 15 tooth governed to 75% at 2200HS, it is quite nimble and able for a solid 5 mins, I land it at 5:30 and usually put back 2585-2750mah into a 3700mah 10S1P lipio, that is a good amount and the lipo, esc, motor are all decent temps. I do not have the power and pitch range that you see most pros run but that is because I can not afford the issues associated to that level. Cheers
Old 10-15-2006, 04:28 PM   #32 (permalink)
BobbySmith

Will iam jealous i might need a L14 !!!!! maybe i can fly it @ IRCHA SE
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-15-2006, 07:04 PM   #33 (permalink)

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

You can fly at SE B
Old 11-21-2012, 11:08 AM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default still Logo 14 flyers out there...???

Hello,

still any Logo 14 flyers out there? i got one and wanna keep it in the air als long als possible. parts support is ok so far. many parts (head, tail, gearing) fit from the newer logos, some of the L14 parts are a problem, so is the carbon stuff of the chassis...

i should mention that i live in austria/europe. nevertheless, i would love to get in contact with active Logo 14 pilots to share experience...

regards,

michael
meikl is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2012, 02:56 AM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

WOW MAN WOW!!! A 6 year old post whoa!!!

I have not had a Logo 14 for years, but man what a great machine it was!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in