Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Electric Helicopters

Electric Helicopters Dedicated to larger than Micro/Mini Electric Helicopters of any Brand

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2011, 07:29 AM   #201 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydmech View Post
I took it out this morning and ran it through its paces with no glitching. I guess I will keep running it and see what happens, but know more flying around the house an till I am sure it is OK.

Glad to hear it seems okay and was just a one time hiccup

Old 09-20-2011, 07:31 AM   #202 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnGuard View Post
A linear BEC converts the excess voltage to heat. They aren't very efficient once you get past a 2s lipo and 2-4 analog servo's. Disadvantages are the heat generated and current capacity is limited by the small size of our speed controls.

The switch mode BEC switches the full voltage on and off at a high rate of speed to end up with an average output voltage that is 5v or 6v. One disadvantage is it can create electrical noise. That's why a switch mode BEC equipped speed control has a ferrite ring on the servo lead.

I picked that ESC because of the 3 amp switch mode BEC. I wanted that because of the 3 swash servo's, the 1 digital tail servo and the gyro.

I would also have considered the Hobbywing 40 amp ESC, but none were in stock at the time. These can have either a linear or switch mode 3 amp BEC so you have to make sure which one you are getting.
I’m sold Bro, I definitely can see the advantage of having a switching BEC. When I get a little scratch together I will order the one you linked (EMax) as I already have a programming card that I think will work with it. I’m trying to refrain from flying the md500 till I replace the ESC, but it’s kind of hard to do as my son keeps asking me to fly it. I do have Turnigy Plush 40amp esc in my old Belt CP that I hardly ever fly and a spare 11T pinion that I’m thinking of given a try in the md500. I really don’t want to cannibalize the Belt, but I’m low on hobby money this month and really want to get the md500 back in the air.
Old 09-20-2011, 07:32 AM   #203 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexaglob View Post
This 40A one i got for $9.99 but not used it yet has a switching BEC
http://www.myrcmart.com/rcx-40a-esc-...es-p-3496.html

Sounds like a deal Bud. For some reason my work computer wont let me open the link.
Old 09-20-2011, 07:35 AM   #204 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Yesterday i received the used Jetranger fuse. It is in good shape, some small scratches nothing big.
I've put the one piece skids of the HK $9.99 450 kit with some double sided foam tape just to stand on the shelf.
I wonder if my wife will notice its existance on the shelf
Sweet Bro, I was hoping it didn’t have any major damage.

hehe…if it’s all by itself on the self your wife might notice it. My wife hardly ever comes out to the man cave and even when she does…I have so many helicopters hanging that she would never notice one more.lol!

Hey Bud since you are the deal finder. I looking for a good deal on a EC-145 fuse to put my green FP450 in, so if you happen to come across one at a good price let me know.
Old 09-20-2011, 07:44 AM   #205 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by HELIHANKSTER View Post
Sounds like a deal Bud. For some reason my work computer wont let me open the link.
The link opens from my computer but anyway here it is

If it dont opens again go to www.myrcmart.com and from the left options choose "Sales Promotion", it is there.
alexaglob is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2011, 07:48 AM   #206 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Sweet Bro, I was hoping it didn’t have any major damage.

hehe…if it’s all by itself on the self your wife might notice it. My wife hardly ever comes out to the man cave and even when she does…I have so many helicopters hanging that she would never notice one more.lol!

Hey Bud since you are the deal finder. I looking for a good deal on a EC-145 fuse to put my green FP450 in, so if you happen to come across one at a good price let me know.
Before some minutes i've seen this https://www.leaderhobby.com/product....=9394001225209
Edit: My mistake, this is EC135
Check also the whole category here
https://www.leaderhobby.com/list.asp...&categories=86

I'll see if i can find something better.
Old 09-20-2011, 08:08 AM   #207 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
The link opens from my computer but anyway here it is

If it dont opens again go to www.myrcmart.com and from the left options choose "Sales Promotion", it is there.

Yeah I did that…I can go to myrcmart, but when I click on the ESC link my computer blocks it…weird I know. It’s definitely on my end.
Old 09-20-2011, 08:11 AM   #208 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Before some minutes i've seen this https://www.leaderhobby.com/product....=9394001225209
Edit: My mistake, this is EC135
Check also the whole category here
https://www.leaderhobby.com/list.asp...&categories=86

I'll see if i can find something better.
Thanks Bro, but the link you give me is for an EC-135 and I’m looking for an EC-145, because I am not going to try a fenestron tail and I don’t personally think the EC-135 looks right with the stock 450 tail blades…plus I would think the large tail fin on the EC-135 would block air flow using the standard 450 tail. I did check out the rest of the fuselages that Leaderhobby has and they do sell a EC-145 at a good price but it out of stock.

Again thanks for looking Bro
Old 09-20-2011, 08:23 AM   #209 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here’s the EC-145 that Leadershobby has…Isn’t she a beauty.
https://www.leaderhobby.com/product....=9394001225208

Old 09-20-2011, 08:39 AM   #210 (permalink)
Registered Users

Alex, check out this video. If I can get an EC-145 down the road at a good price, I want to do this paint scheme and add the weapons…sweetness right?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krVdZjtmoUU[/ame]
Old 09-20-2011, 08:40 AM   #211 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Here’s the EC-145 that Leadershobby has…Isn’t she a beauty.
https://www.leaderhobby.com/product....=9394001225208

Yep for sure, i like the plain coloring and will be easily seen at your flying field.
I've seen it here at $129 but you may have better shipping pricing in US
http://helidirect.com/heliartist-ec-...50-p-23946.hdx
Old 09-20-2011, 08:44 AM   #212 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Alex, check out this video. If I can get an EC-145 down the road at a good price, I want to do this paint scheme and add the weapons…sweetness right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krVdZjtmoUU
Very good and again light colors.

I suppose you dont want to scratch build it like this
http://rc.runryder.com/helicopter/t530939p1/
that guy sells it in ebay
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Eurocopter...item4aaeb21e8f
but this needs too much work and its not fiberglass.
Old 09-20-2011, 09:27 AM   #213 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Yep for sure, i like the plain coloring and will be easily seen at your flying field.
I've seen it here at $129 but you may have better shipping pricing in US
http://helidirect.com/heliartist-ec-...50-p-23946.hdx

Yep being color blind and having trees all around my yard, I definitely need a light colored aircraft. Probably will even paint the md500 a lighter color when I get a chance.

Yeah seen the one at HeliDirect, but was hoping to score one cheaper. Love to find one for around $80.00 bucks with shipping, but I don’t think that’s going to happen.
Old 09-20-2011, 09:28 AM   #214 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Very good and again light colors.

I suppose you dont want to scratch build it like this
http://rc.runryder.com/helicopter/t530939p1/
that guy sells it in ebay
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Eurocopter...item4aaeb21e8f
but this needs too much work and its not fiberglass.

If the price was right, I wouldn’t have a problem building PETG fuse from scratch. The weight saving along would definitely make it worth doing.

I don’t think he sell his kits outside of the UK though.
Old 09-20-2011, 09:59 AM   #215 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
If the price was right, I wouldn’t have a problem building PETG fuse from scratch. The weight saving along would definitely make it worth doing.

I don’t think he sell his kits outside of the UK though.
He does, i've bought one last year but havent the time and enough work space to build it. Also the solution he sells for the raised tail is actualy expensive, but i have seen somewhere a design to manualy build it.
As i see in my ebay archive i bought it for GBP 9.5 plus shipping, my ebay archive dont shows the shipping but i have the feeling it was like another GBP 10.
You can contact him in his email through ebay.
Old 09-20-2011, 10:39 AM   #216 (permalink)
Registered Users

Alex how much stuff do you have?

I thought I was a hoarder, but I’m starting to think your apartment has a lot more rc stuff than my man cave.

That’s a little over 30 USD, so that’s not bad at all. When my hobby funds are back up I will email him and see what the actually cost to ship it to me will be.
Old 09-20-2011, 11:35 AM   #217 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Alex how much stuff do you have?

I thought I was a hoarder, but I’m starting to think your apartment has a lot more rc stuff than my man cave.

That’s a little over 30 USD, so that’s not bad at all. When my hobby funds are back up I will email him and see what the actually cost to ship it to me will be.
I have some at home and some in a closet at the office, last year i was buying some things for next step use but now this addiction has to slow down very much.

Actualy my office room is a man cave with 3 PCs and a Lenovo server, also a lot of computer part stuff. My friends that sometimes come here havent much room to sit comfortable.

If you buy that fuse i'm sure you'll do a nice job with it, but it will need much more work than the ready made ones.

Anyway, if you are not in a hurry i may find you something with better pricing.
Old 09-20-2011, 08:12 PM   #218 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
So far I haven’t had any gliching or brown out problems with my HK-7x. Hopefully it was a one time thing or is a possible static issue as OG said. If it does happen again after spraying the belt, try changing out your servos for new ones. A failing servo has been know to cause havoc on receivers.

If it turns out to be a bad receiver, let me know and I will send you one. I switch both my FP450s over to the Walkera tx/rx so I have one I can give you.

Or…you could take this opportunity to go FBL
Thanks for the offer on the rx. I will keep that in mind.....as for right now it looks like the rebind has fixed the issue, but im still being careful with it. I don't need to fly it in to one of my neighbors living room via a plate glass window
hydmech is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-21-2011, 06:18 AM   #219 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I have some at home and some in a closet at the office, last year i was buying some things for next step use but now this addiction has to slow down very much.

Actualy my office room is a man cave with 3 PCs and a Lenovo server, also a lot of computer part stuff. My friends that sometimes come here havent much room to sit comfortable.

If you buy that fuse i'm sure you'll do a nice job with it, but it will need much more work than the ready made ones.

Anyway, if you are not in a hurry i may find you something with better pricing.
Aw…smart man…storing stuff in two locations. The wifey will never know how much stuff you really have. Yeah it’s time for me to slow down also. I pretty much have all the stuff I need to complete most of my winter projects. I going to build a Walkera Robocopter from scratch, a scale cp250 using Walkera head and tail parts and the big project will be the Apache. Still need a lot stuff for the Apache, but there’s plenty of time as I really want to take my time on this build.

Sweetness on the computer hardware. I’m not very computer savvy, just a cheapo laptop in the man cave.

Yeah it would be more work, but the more I think about it, a lite weight PETG fuse might be the way to go on the FP450.

No hurry Bro and I totally appreciate you looking for me.
Old 09-21-2011, 06:23 AM   #220 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydmech View Post
Thanks for the offer on the rx. I will keep that in mind.....as for right now it looks like the rebind has fixed the issue, but im still being careful with it. I don't need to fly it in to one of my neighbors living room via a plate glass window

No sweat Brother just let me know if you need it.

Yeah nothing is as scary as losing control over the helicopter and just watching it go wherever it wants to.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in