Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 300X

300X Blade 300X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2014, 07:39 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 300x super stretch?

Maybe it's my setup but my 300x seems to be a pig. Lynx frame, stock motor, Align 35x flashed with blheli and lynx dampers.

I do have the Lynx motor to put into it to add a little....more. But I am curious, would this heli fly well with the tail stretched out longer than the Lynx stretch for the capability to run 325mm blades?
If it can be done cheap it might be worth the experiment. I have 2 pairs of 325mm blades that I won't need on my Mini P, that and I would like to lighten the disc load on the 300x.

XL Protos 380
Jomaba4308 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2014, 07:59 AM   #2 (permalink)
The Airetic

I don't really understand this. If you want a 325, get a 325. There are lots of them available.

P.S. I am referring to the traditional "450 size", but IMO, we should be making a collective effort in the hobby to get rid of that garbage size designation and be referring to all helis based on blade size.
Old 09-17-2014, 10:21 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloXray View Post
I don't really understand this. If you want a 325, get a 325. There are lots of them available.

P.S. I am referring to the traditional "450 size", but IMO, we should be making a collective effort in the hobby to get rid of that garbage size designation and be referring to all helis based on blade size.
I already have that size and it's already stretched to 350mm. If I can find a belt and boom to use, stretching the 300x to run 325mm blades would be a cakewalk, I just wanted to know if it had been done before and if the power system could handle it.
Plus buying another 325 size would cost a couple hundred dollars I don't have, I'm trying to work with what I have.

XL Protos 380
Old 09-17-2014, 10:36 AM   #4 (permalink)
HF Support

I'm with KX, the 275mm stretch is already pushing the limits of a 3S setup.

I don't think this would work all that well with 325mm blades on 3S for a couple of reasons.
  1. Even if the Lynx EOX motor could provide enough power, flight times would be shortened dramatically due to the increased load on the system. The 1300mAh 3S packs aren't going to cut it.
  2. The larger disk will put more torque on the tail, so the 300 sized tail hub and blades probably won't be able to keep up. You'll most likely need to use longer tail blades that may or may not work with the lower stance of the 300 and will further add to the load on the system.
Nelsonisms is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2014, 10:55 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

You make a good point, good thing I didn't spend any money on this idea. I will just sell the blades.

XL Protos 380
Old 09-17-2014, 12:03 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelsonisms View Post
I'm with KX, the 275mm stretch is already pushing the limits of a 3S setup.

I don't think this would work all that well with 325mm blades on 3S for a couple of reasons.
  1. Even if the Lynx EOX motor could provide enough power, flight times would be shortened dramatically due to the increased load on the system. The 1300mAh 3S packs aren't going to cut it.
  2. The larger disk will put more torque on the tail, so the 300 sized tail hub and blades probably won't be able to keep up. You'll most likely need to use longer tail blades that may or may not work with the lower stance of the 300 and will further add to the load on the system.
+1

1) 1300mAH packs would not only give you very short flight times, but they'd also struggle to deliver adequate current for the added load. Your batteries would get hotter and you'd learn really quick that all of those supposed C ratings are exaggerated.

2) As it stands, the 275mm stretch kit is pushing the limits of the tail assembly. On my stretched bird, I had to lower my pitch range from +/- 13 degrees to +/- 12 degrees to keep the tail from blowing out during hard collective. The reason for this is because the tail blades are still the exact same size, even though the boom has been stretched to account for the bigger main blades. Lynx should have either made 48mm or 49mm tail blades, or added another 10mm-20mm to the boom length, to make up for the significant loss of tail authority. I consider the stretch kit a worthwhile upgrade, but in my opinion it's incomplete and the full potential of it is hindered by the loss of tail authority.

Last edited by Uriah; 09-17-2014 at 01:54 PM.. Reason: Spelling error
Uriah is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2014, 01:17 PM   #7 (permalink)
The Airetic

That's excellent insight, Uriah.
Old 09-17-2014, 11:10 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Also important to note, 325mm blades would be far too much load for the 300x grips and rotor head. The extra weight would put a huge amount of stress on the grips and might cause the grips to fail in flight.
Wildcat1214 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2014, 06:03 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jomaba4308 View Post
Maybe it's my setup but my 300x seems to be a pig. Lynx frame, stock motor, Align 35x flashed with blheli and lynx dampers.

I do have the Lynx motor to put into it to add a little....more. But I am curious, would this heli fly well with the tail stretched out longer than the Lynx stretch for the capability to run 325mm blades?
If it can be done cheap it might be worth the experiment. I have 2 pairs of 325mm blades that I won't need on my Mini P, that and I would like to lighten the disc load on the 300x.

What motor is currently in it? Whats your AUW?
vtown nick is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2014, 06:40 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Stock motor is in it, Pulse Lipo, lynx canopy, Zeal blades, 11° collective. I have no idea the weight, I don't have a way to weigh it.

Once I have a chance I will install the Lynx motor, up the pitch to 12° and I think my headspeed might be low. I have read people running 3650 on this heli, don't remember what I set the governor to but I do know it's much lower than that.

XL Protos 380
Old 09-18-2014, 11:39 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Stock motor is in it, Pulse Lipo, lynx canopy, Zeal blades, 11° collective. I have no idea the weight, I don't have a way to weigh it.

Once I have a chance I will install the Lynx motor, up the pitch to 12° and I think my headspeed might be low. I have read people running 3650 on this heli, don't remember what I set the governor to but I do know it's much lower than that.
The stock motor has good and bad to it. I flew one mostly stock and it wasn't bad. The cfx isn't bad either it has a good amount of power. But, they don't balance well and bearings fail in them.

Are you running the stock motor at 100% throttle, stock esc?

11 degrees collective is a bit low IMO but it depends on your flying style that is.

My 300 is a PIG!! 612 grams equipped with a lipo and canopy but it gets it!! Scorpion 2213-14 geared for 4,000 ish head speed start of pack but averages 3,600 ish under load.

[ame]http://youtu.be/1ZpOa1e535A[/ame]
Old 09-19-2014, 03:59 AM   #12 (permalink)
The Airetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtown nick View Post
The stock motor has good and bad to it. I flew one mostly stock and it wasn't bad. The cfx isn't bad either it has a good amount of power. But, they don't balance well and bearings fail in them.
Both of those helis have the exact same motor. It is the 320H Helicopter Motor, 4500Kv: 300 X by E-flite (EFLM1160H)
Old 09-19-2014, 05:40 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtown nick View Post

Are you running the stock motor at 100% throttle, stock esc?

11 degrees collective is a bit low IMO but it depends on your flying style that is.

My 300 is a PIG!! 612 grams equipped with a lipo and canopy but it gets it!! Scorpion 2213-14 geared for 4,000 ish head speed start of pack but averages 3,600 ish under load.

http://youtu.be/1ZpOa1e535A
Wow, you seem to be missing a lot of the info I have already provided. My first post has all that info that you have asked for; stock motor and Align 35x esc flashed with BLHeli to use a governor.
I have an 11t pinion on the stock motor, Lynx 136t slant cut main gear. I just looked at the software ui and I think my high idle headspeed may be around 3200, so yeah there's my problem. When I put the EOX motor in, I will use a 13t pinion and govern 3000, 3300, 3600 rpms. May even go 2900 on the low speed.

XL Protos 380
Old 09-19-2014, 11:52 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloXray View Post
Both of those helis have the exact same motor. It is the 320H Helicopter Motor, 4500Kv: 300 X by E-flite (EFLM1160H)
I'm aware of that but the cfx is geared higher.

Quote:
Wow, you seem to be missing a lot of the info I have already provided. My first post has all that info that you have asked for; stock motor and Align 35x esc flashed with BLHeli to use a governor.
I have an 11t pinion on the stock motor, Lynx 136t slant cut main gear. I just looked at the software ui and I think my high idle headspeed may be around 3200, so yeah there's my problem. When I put the EOX motor in, I will use a 13t pinion and govern 3000, 3300, 3600 rpms. May even go 2900 on the low speed.
Sorry dude was late at night I was just making sure all the facts are there. Put the eox in it. Under 3400 it feels sluggish unless you plan to sport fly it.
Old 09-19-2014, 12:50 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

I will use 3000 for take-offs, landing and cruising, 3300 for low headspeed sport flying and 3600 for when I want it to really move.

XL Protos 380

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in