Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Gaui Helicopters > Hurricane 550

Hurricane 550 Discussion and support of the Gaui Hurricane 550

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2009, 04:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default GU365

Is there any one out there in Gaui land using the GU365 on their 550??

If so what are your thoughts, any problems??

How does the 365 compare tto the V-bar and other FBL systems??

Are you running a normal tail gyro with it or not.

Please be as specific as possable, I will be using this information to make up my mind on this FBL system or one of the others.

Thanks guys

Old 08-29-2009, 06:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I recommend that you look into other FBL systems such as the SK-360 or the VBAR if you want to get into FBL. The GU-365 can certainly be tweaked to work marginally but it is very sensitive to vibration. It also sometimes developed its own mind and decided to fly the heli into the ground I have owned the GU365, SK-360 and VBAR systems here. I played around with the GU-365 for a little bit on my Hurricane, but decided not to risk crashing the Hurricane after observing a few odd behaviors from the unit during initialization. Went with SK-360 and could never be happier since
Old 08-29-2009, 07:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

one thing to check with the 365's apparently is inside it has 2 boards...which can develop dry joints then making it extremely sensitive to vibration...so open her up and crack out the soldering (soddering..haaaa .......soddering wtf?) iron out and refry em
kahn10 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2009, 08:49 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

What about packing the inside with sillicone, like pam anderson???
Old 08-29-2009, 10:12 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hey Venture

I would steer clear of the GU365 if i were you.

I just bought a SK360 SH and shipped to malaysia for teh same price as the GU365 i coulndt be happier the system was pretty easy to set up and flies really nice. I use it with my GY401 as its only a 2 axis system.

If your willing to spend a bit more money then the Gyrobot 700 is the curent flavour of the month as it suposed to be much easier to set up than the Vbar (even the 4.0) and has beter flying characturistics. Check out teh Flybarless forum on here as there is aloads of info available.
https://www.helifreak.com/forumdisplay.php?f=93
Check out a guy called Jag72 as he has a fleet of about 14 flybarless helis that were primarily Vbar and now he is converting them all to Gyrobot. He is also super friendly and will answer any of your questions no matter how daft! Well he answered all my daft questions anyway.

If you are willing to wait until teh fall then Skookum is releasing the SK720 which is a 3 axis system with some unique features. It will also have a built in RX and you use two spektrum satelite recievers with it instead. Plus a hole host of other features. it will also be competitivley priced. Skokum has a great reputation for customer service and suport and has a free firmware upgrade policy that is very good. any improvments to the software and yuo can get them for free. I believe there is a big upgrade for the SK360 due very soon.

Basicaly it boild down to how much you want to spend and how you want to fly.
The SK360 is a cheaper unit as its only 2 axis you can use your existing gyro with it to save on cost, why buy a 3 axis when you already have a god gyro?
The SK360 isnt as good at hard core 3D as some of teh others but then I personaly dont wnt to do Hard Core 3D.

The gyrobot is on a par and many consider better than the VBar nd i thinks its also slightly cheaper and many say easier to set up and les fussy to settings.

Get on the Flybarless forums there is loads of info to help you make your decisison.

I am very happy with my SK360 it suits my needs perfectly. If i was building a heli from scratch and didnt have a spare Gyro then i would wait for the SK720 or go for the Gyrobot 700.

From what i have read about the GU365 its more trouble than its worth and i would personaly steer clear of it. although i havent used one myself just read about it!

Hope this helps

Ben
Borneoben is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2009, 10:59 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

It helps a bunch.

I think it will be a while before I go FBL. I would like to here in the near future but I think I need to do some more research.

All comments are welcome

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in