Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Century

Century Century Helicopters Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2014, 08:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Wrong engine?

Greetings....I recently bought, from eBay, a zenoah g20ei (at least that is what the listing said) engine for my radikal g20. Upon inspection I see a label on it that says g200 PU. The mounting base matches the radikal frame base perfectly. I took off the prop hub and installed the fan and clutch (I have experience with nitro, I believe I have the fan seated properly on the crank shaft) and when I slid the unit into the frames the pinion and it's support structure are about 1/8 inch too high. I did not use any clutch shims. So my question is: is the G200PUH the exact same dimension as a G20ei, or have I another issue. Thanks in advance. SO DANG CLOSE!
AE .50 apache, TT .90 TOW MD500, 2 x JR ergo 60, TT x50 titan, TT 50, TT 30, 3 x MTe325, MSH Mini protos, trex 450 Apache, MT cobra, Airwolf 450, Blade 400, century 50 Bell 47, MT EC135, RADIKAL G20, trex450 MD500, Protos 500
Bikersurgeon is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2014, 09:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Biker I far as I know there's only one version of that motor, mine is labeled G200 PUH though, it's an HWC G-20ei kit motor, there was no Blade hub to remove I did have problems getting the fan hub to seat though, following ideas learned from the site I filed the key way down on the flat and smoothed all the edges, after that things fit a lot better. A piston stopper helps in getting everything torqued down good enough, mainly the clutch base . If you plan on using a starter make d---- sure the clutch base is tight, it will unscrew itself from the fan hub and bust the frames and bend the metal base frame This I know I'm sure of the guys with better knowledge of them chime in until then I'll look around a see if I can find anything I'm waiting parts
Old 02-02-2014, 11:11 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Thank you very much, gajomac...that is very helpful. The only remaining variable then is the fan hub seating I guess. Right now the bottom of the fan is only 1.5 mm away from the carbon fiber base plate that the cooling shroud mounts to. I took the fan hub bolt out and the end of the crank shaft appears to be seated as deeply as possible in the fan hub, so actually I'm not sure this is a variable after all. Guess I will torque the fan back down then focus on making certain the clutch is fully seated in the hub, but I am reasonably sure it was to begin with. Thanks again.
AE .50 apache, TT .90 TOW MD500, 2 x JR ergo 60, TT x50 titan, TT 50, TT 30, 3 x MTe325, MSH Mini protos, trex 450 Apache, MT cobra, Airwolf 450, Blade 400, century 50 Bell 47, MT EC135, RADIKAL G20, trex450 MD500, Protos 500
Old 02-03-2014, 12:27 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Before you bolt all that up, it's a good idea to check the balance of the fan with the clutch installed. I have 2 fans that were way out of balance & I know others have had issues as well. I also made sure the crank taper was good by coloring it with a felt marker & turning the fan on the shaft without the key in. If it doesn't mate well you can use valve grinding compound to seat it better.
Old 02-03-2014, 07:23 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyan View Post
Before you bolt all that up, it's a good idea to check the balance of the fan with the clutch installed. I have 2 fans that were way out of balance & I know others have had issues as well. I also made sure the crank taper was good by coloring it with a felt marker & turning the fan on the shaft without the key in. If it doesn't mate well you can use valve grinding compound to seat it better.
Ahhh, great tips, thanks!
Old 02-03-2014, 06:46 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Alright...a step at a time....am I correct that my fan hub is seated properly if the bottom of the fan is 1.5mm away from the carbon fan shroud mounting plate? (I know there is no rule in the book on this, just asking if that sounds right in your experience. It seems like getting much closer would become potentially problematic, plus my pinion housing bolt holes still wouldn't line up even if I ground the hub until the fan touched the plate) It also appears that the crankshaft stub end is very close to touching the top of the inside of the tapered fan hub, although this is difficult to see.
Old 02-03-2014, 07:53 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

NEVER MIND

gawd I feel like an idiot.....after tearing further I discovered that the pinion was not screwed completely into the clutch bell. There was a burr or something in the threads and it felt tight, but wasn't seated correctly. Sorry to waste thread space lol.
Old 02-04-2014, 12:55 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikersurgeon View Post
NEVER MIND

gawd I feel like an idiot.....after tearing further I discovered that the pinion was not screwed completely into the clutch bell. There was a burr or something in the threads and it felt tight, but wasn't seated correctly. Sorry to waste thread space lol.
Good to see you found the problem. Don't feel to bad as similar things happen to most of us sooner or later. That is part of being human, I guess.
ngin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in