Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > nano CP X

nano CP X Blade nano CP X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2015, 06:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Servo question

I have a problem with the servo on my nano. As soon as I connect the battery the right hand side servo travels to the completely down position and will not move after that. I have tried rebinding it to the DX6i and using different batteries but the problem remains. Any ideas?
chrisb66 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2015, 05:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisb66 View Post
I have a problem with the servo on my nano. As soon as I connect the battery the right hand side servo travels to the completely down position and will not move after that. I have tried rebinding it to the DX6i and using different batteries but the problem remains. Any ideas?
Is it new or used? If its new call HH. Bob
AMA #1059627
BobK is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2015, 03:21 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mine did this once after flying it for a while. (right servo as well). Quick web search found a thread that suggested unplugging the servo from the main board and then plugging it in again. I did this without the battery connected and it did work.

Occasionally when I crash I will find one servo, usually the right one, at full travel. I unplug the battery, manually reset the servo to mid position and then re-plug in the battery. It is usually GTG after that.

In my post-crash inspection I ensure to check that all the servos are at mid-position.
firekat is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2015, 04:28 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

You can try swapping the servo connectors to determine if it's the servo or the board
JonJet is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2015, 02:15 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well I have a servo problem. The right servo is jammed to the stops and will not move. Tried my own reset on it. Did not work. Servo will not move with no power on it, servo motor can turn, but the servo drive shaft is jammed hard. Removed the drive gear and the servo motor will run. Tried to turn it from the top brass fitting with a pair of hemostats. Absolutely will not budge!

I am disappointed with this failure so soon.

Any insight or help would be greatly appreciated!
firekat is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2015, 10:44 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sounds like you need a new servo. Cleaning them every 100 or so flights will basically make them last forever. I'm unclear on the technical details, but opening up the servo and cleaning the black stuff (oxidation? maybe, idk) from the strip on the board part of the servo will make for a better electrical contact and will make the servos last much, much longer.
Heli's that I currently fly: Lynx Oxy3+ {Build In Progress!}, JR Forza 450 {hangar queen}, Blade 180CFX, Blade mCPX BL {work horse}, Blade NanoCPX - Blade Nano QX, Blade NanoQX3D - Phoenix 5.5 - Spektrum DX6 - - HeliFreak is great! -
Canadian_Jesus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2015, 11:13 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

You can buy the just the servo mechanics for $7.99. If the motor still works you don't have to solder the new one in, just unscrew the servo assy from the heli, then unscrew the mechanics from the assy and you will have enough slack to slide out the old motor and slide it into the new assy without disturbing the wires. Even if you do have to solder it, it's not too bad as far as micros go. Also had one get stuck from using ca to reattach the canopy mounts to the frame, just had to scrape the ca from between the gears teeth, although i doubt that's a possibility in your case, but could be jammed with something else and might wrk if u can free it up.
learnedthehardway is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in