Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Other Makes and Models Helicopters > Multiplex FunCopter

Multiplex FunCopter Multiplex FunCopter Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2012, 03:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Question funcopter v2 rr

hey guys what's up
i'm getting ready to go on a small vacation to hang out with an old friend for the weekend, and he has told me he just got a funcopter v2 rr and would like my help to get it going. so i'm wondering if there's anything i should need to know? i have never seen one and i haven't had a chance to look at the manual. so i thought i would ask here. is setting it up pretty easy? only thing i know about it is that it's a fp heli, and can crash well(so my buddy says). after that i don't know anything about it. i haven't looked at fp heli's in a long time, and even then they where rtf. can you guys give me any tips or other info that would help me to get it flying for him? this will be his first heli, so maybe something tame for him. he is wanting to use a dx6i remote, and has told me that all it needs is a tx/rx and a batt. everything else is supposed to be preinstalled. any info would be great. thanks
nothinbetr2do is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2012, 03:15 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

simple 4ch setup.

make sure the gears are not meshed too tight on the main shaft to the TT

there's a 1mm wire that sticks out of the tail rotor, blade side, that should only stick out about 1mm-2mm

make sure the flybar is loose should flop when flicked

if he hasn't installed the rx yet, i'd suggest not using the gain wire, adjust the gyro to 100% on the gyro pot
1 Corinthians 1:18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.
AtTheCross is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2012, 03:25 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtTheCross View Post
simple 4ch setup.

make sure the gears are not meshed too tight on the main shaft to the TT

there's a 1mm wire that sticks out of the tail rotor, blade side, that should only stick out about 1mm-2mm

make sure the flybar is loose should flop when flicked

if he hasn't installed the rx yet, i'd suggest not using the gain wire, adjust the gyro to 100% on the gyro pot

thanks for the quick reply

i thought it might be pretty simple, but wasn't totally sure.

what's the wire for, that sticks out by the tail rotor?

got it for the flybar

no on the rx, he is waiting for me to get to it. so no gain wire for the gyro, just manually turn it up to 100. if the tail wags, slowly turn it down untill it stops waging. resetting the heli before each try. right? thanks again
Old 04-26-2012, 04:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

no worries. there's some good tips and tricks on the site i used to own, sold it a few months ago www.funcoptermods.com

yes on the gyro

the 'wire' is used to change the pitch of the tail blades. it's a carry over from the
Corona 120 days, don't know if you knew this or not but the funcopter is just a slightly upgraded Corona 120.

if the wire is sticking out too much you won't get enough deflection of the blades and that will take the 'fun' out of the funcopter.
1 Corinthians 1:18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:59 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

here's more clarification on the flybar, this tip is not on the site yet

to be illustrative:

Screw #96 that goes into arm #59 on page 16 of the manual needs to be tensioned such that the flybar bounces when you flick it with your finger.

Manual
Old 04-30-2012, 08:05 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

thanks for all the help. i went and got to give it a once over and made some adjustments. i did get to hover and fly it, and i don't like it. because it's a fp, it flies like a fp
my buddy tried it, and he needs some work. he had 1 hard landing with a boom strike and took a chunk of foam out of the tail boom. so he parked it for now. i got him to buy a sim and practice on it. then go back and try his heli.

anyway, thanks again
Old 04-30-2012, 09:12 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

well glad you got it going.

i fly cp, but really like this fp. here's a couple of my fp flights. the second video is a walkera enerco 500 class heli with the funcopter head and blades

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fM4FSisD24&list=UUKdslVELunB5-Rk487rvA3g&index=9&feature=plcp[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sdva4JJfkPg&list=FLKdslVELunB5-Rk487rvA3g&index=9&feature=plpp_video[/ame]

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in