Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > FMA/Revolectrix Product Support

FMA/Revolectrix Product Support FMA/Revolectrix Factory Product Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2012, 07:11 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROGER G View Post
This is odd, very odd. When playing around with the IR controller with the new V2.4 firmware on the CPII, I got this warning message in the ' Preferance ' mode. I wish I wrote it down word for word, but it was close to this: ' Warning ; GPS signal not found ' !!! I have no idea how I got it to appear and was not able to get it back again ! But I swear this is true, and I have not lost my mind! Does anyone know about a future GPS module for the CPII. ????
Yes, I read about it somewhere and I think there was an aim to release it together with the HD, but from what I remember reading the GPS module has taken them a little longer than they originally thought, so they launched the HD on its own. Hope they succeed with that as I will get one of those too. Don't know how you would have got the message. Just a glitch I guess. Is it selectable at the point where you tell it you have an HD module? Dunno, haven't seen it myself, just a thought.

Cheers

Sutty
sutty is offline        Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2012, 11:33 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by sutty View Post
Yes, I read about it somewhere and I think there was an aim to release it together with the HD, but from what I remember reading the GPS module has taken them a little longer than they originally thought, so they launched the HD on its own. Hope they succeed with that as I will get one of those too. Don't know how you would have got the message. Just a glitch I guess. Is it selectable at the point where you tell it you have an HD module? Dunno, haven't seen it myself, just a thought.

Cheers

Sutty
Hi:

Just to confirm, your commentary is more or less accurate. We were in development on GPS and Hard Deck simultaneously. For technical reasons we were unable to overcome, we have discontinued efforts on GPS for the time being. Honestly, I'm not sure where we will go with it at this time. In the mean time, we are aware of the erroneous GPS references in the error messages presented and are already working on new firmware release to remove these.
Tim Marks is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2012, 06:04 AM   #23 (permalink)

HUH...I thought GPS would be too glitchy. Like, if you loose a GPS signal from clouds or other un-known elements it probably won't work. The skookum sk-720 (POS IMO) has a 'future GPS option' which is apparently still a future idea...the plug is there waiting for a gps unit however. I think the GPS would only possibly stop the heli from the direction it was heading during emergency recovery as opposed to just leveling it out at a given altitude w/ HD. But, that's all just a guess. I think the co pilot II system that currently exists is a marvel of engineering. Not only does it save your heli, it saved me from dropping out of the whole rc heli thing altogether. It was heli insurance you dont make monthly payments for and now, it's that and essentially a virtual 'buddy box'...except the 'buddy' is on the heli, not next to you w/ a wire tethered to your Tx. (I dont have any buddys whom fly anyway so, this was a game changer when i 1st got it a long time ago.)
I guess if it weren't for FMA's cp2 keeping me in the rc heli hobby there would be a lot of rc heli companies who would have never seen my cash. IDK who is the actual brains behind co pilot II but thank you whoever you are!! (Is it you Tim?)
Either way, Go FMA!
I want sticker decals that say FMA or CPII to put on my heli! I'm very proud to have this electronic system on my there!

PS- got my tracker # yesterday for a weds evening delivery for my HD!
SKYQUEST is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2012, 08:41 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

nightflyr is online now        Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2012, 12:19 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYQUEST View Post
PS- got my tracker # yesterday for a weds evening delivery for my HD!
Hi SQ. Glad to hear yours is on the way now. Is yours coming from Singapore? I still haven't had a tracking number, but then again maybe the cheap delivery method I chose won't get a tracking reference, but I still thought I would get confirmation of despatch.

Cheers

Sutty
Old 10-09-2012, 02:19 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Hi SQ. Glad to hear yours is on the way now. Is yours coming from Singapore? I still haven't had a tracking number, but then again maybe the cheap delivery method I chose won't get a tracking reference, but I still thought I would get confirmation of despatch.

Cheers

Sutty
Yep...I got it from the Singapore place like you...it's like, speeding towards my house out of Hong Kong at the moment (according to the tracking.) I asked Tim maybe 2-3 weeks ago to upgrade my cheaper shipping method to the faster, slightly more expensive method and he indeed did. Glad I did now...once i heard the slight delay, I wanted to get it here as fast as possible. It works out nice because I took off this week (I quit my old job and start the new on the 15th...needed a week off...of course the weather isnt the greatest )
Maybe you can upgrade your shipping method too? I sort of think that may be too late however...now to get a couple of flights in on the Gobbler

-Jay
SKYQUEST is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2012, 02:50 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mine is not yet fulfilled.. I hope Tim can enlighten me...
ece31316 is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2012, 03:30 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Got my e-mail confirming mine is underway. Now it is just a matter of waiting the 14-28 days for the shipping method I chose. No tracking options available, but at least it's underway. Perhaps it will get here quicker. To get here so slowly one might imagine that the carrier would almost have to deliberately slow it down. Seems almost impossible that it could take so long. Let's hope not.

Well, I say it says that it is underway, but unfortunately they seem to use strange language, and it says order fulfilled, which I assume to mean it has been despatched. There is a link in the mail to log into my account, but oddly, when I do that, it shows the HD module still in my cart. Confusing to say the least being as I paid for it in the middle of July, seemingly without the slightest issue.

I'm sure everything is in order, but it might have been clearer if it had simply said, "Your order has been despatched."

If it doesn't mean that, then I'm not sure what fulfilled means. Stock available, picked, packed, despatched, in my cart still, lol. Oh well, I know Tim looks in and will help clarify.

Cheers

Sutty
Old 10-11-2012, 04:27 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Got my e-mail confirming mine is underway. Now it is just a matter of waiting the 14-28 days for the shipping method I chose. No tracking options available, but at least it's underway. Perhaps it will get here quicker. To get here so slowly one might imagine that the carrier would almost have to deliberately slow it down. Seems almost impossible that it could take so long. Let's hope not.

Well, I say it says that it is underway, but unfortunately they seem to use strange language, and it says order fulfilled, which I assume to mean it has been despatched. There is a link in the mail to log into my account, but oddly, when I do that, it shows the HD module still in my cart. Confusing to say the least being as I paid for it in the middle of July, seemingly without the slightest issue.

I'm sure everything is in order, but it might have been clearer if it had simply said, "Your order has been despatched."

If it doesn't mean that, then I'm not sure what fulfilled means. Stock available, picked, packed, despatched, in my cart still, lol. Oh well, I know Tim looks in and will help clarify.

Cheers

Sutty
Hi:

Fulfilled means the goods were packed in a box and provided to the carrier for delivery. I requested tracking information through our partners in Singapore. We can't access that directly for goods that ship out of their warehouse. I'm still waiting on that. As promised, I will PM you as soon as I have anything concrete for you.
Tim Marks is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2012, 06:04 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hi Tim

Thanks for trying to get some tracking information for me, it is much appreciated, and I look forward to receiving your PM.

Cheers

Sutty
Old 10-11-2012, 08:10 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hang in there sutty....

nightflyr is online now        Quick reply to this message
Old 10-12-2012, 05:56 AM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default this thing rocks!!!

To All Who are still waiting for the hard deck to arrive ..
.This product is the best investment i have made in all my years in the hobby . Not only am I dealing with an incredible company , but to have this hard deck unit has boosted my confidance level to hieghts i couldnt imagine( above 50 ft that is) I have flown with it for 20 flights and without fail this product has performed well beyond my expectations... by checking my profile you will see I have had dozens of helis that have run the gamut of sorted gyros and various forms of stabilization . This by far, is the most effective (cost included) system i have ever used .
In short ... Its was WELL WORTH THE WAIT!!!!
Thanks Tim!! and all at FMA

David

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in