Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room

Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room - Tips and how-To Videos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2009, 11:12 AM   #41 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

NO clue man... I would ask in the blade 400 forum!

Bob
Finless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2009, 11:17 AM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

i did cant seem to get an answer.

i know its close in the wattage range just not sure on the amp draw.
e-flite keeps the specs on the 420 motor and 25a esc a secret.

hay man thanks anyway
Old 04-25-2009, 01:20 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

http://video.helifreak.com/?subpath=...ame=tailp1.wmv

File does not exist please contact the systems administrator
Ha.kan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2009, 02:19 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

It's hard to believe you would do this, but everyone makes mistakes, are the tail blade grips on backwards? or the tail blades?
VAN ORDEN is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2009, 02:31 PM   #45 (permalink)

Bob it must be a missprint or something... 10mm on a 450 is way too far! with any gyro.
fireup's seemed to fly well, was he using the 10mm recomended?

My 500 is running 10mm

Keep up the good work bob!
Phillip A. Al-Redha is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2009, 08:38 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

Bob,

One thing that I did not hear you cover in the tail boom install was the call out in the manual to wrap the boom with a scotch tape (Thickness of .03 to.05mm) where the horizontal fin/boom support mount is mounted on the boom.

Not sure if this is crucial or you did not mention it because it is not needed, just wanted to point that out and get any thoughts from you on it.

Oh, another 450 Pro owner with his boom pinned now also.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0826.jpg
Views:	1738
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	93970  

Last edited by NotEnoughTime; 04-26-2009 at 04:51 AM..
NotEnoughTime is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2009, 10:58 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default love the videos bob butt......

hi bob i speand more of my time refreshing the forum webpage to see if there is a new video ....

but on the last video of the 450 pro ...u show us a part of u that we dont wanna to see ..
please dude next time put in some pants....i was to post a pic of what im talking about ..but seams to much ...thanks a lot for the videos ....

ph. we are looking for some sponsors for getting bob a pair of jeans ...any one that is not gay please join this crusade.....:rolli ng
carpo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2009, 11:59 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Bob, this videos are great!!! I'm new in this business and definitely this will help me a lot, there is so much information you most know, anyway thanks again to our Helihobby.com friends, definitely the best online store and the client service is great to, thanks Helismith!!!

I’m a little concern about the gyro stuff, there is a lot of words as gain, sensitivity, etc. could you recommend to me a place where they are explain.

Thanks!!!
decameur is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2009, 06:44 AM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

I thought North Americans said "ass" and not "arse" Good on you Bob! Love it!!!

Adam
adam crosby is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2009, 08:32 AM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Thumbs up Thanks to your great work, this looks easy now!

Bob, your videos have helped me a lot to get into this hobby,
I will follow these step by step to finally build my first heli.
Thank you!
Etraud is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2009, 10:36 AM   #51 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

OK sorry for the dealys... was out flying all day yesterday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ha.kan View Post
http://video.helifreak.com/?subpath=...ame=tailp1.wmv

File does not exist please contact the systems administrator
I fixed the tail part 1 video. Should work now... sorry...

Quote:
Bob it must be a missprint or something... 10mm on a 450 is way too far! with any gyro.
fireup's seemed to fly well, was he using the 10mm recomended?

My 500 is running 10mm
This is what the manual says AND the supplied arm the closest hole is 10mm. If you setup per the manual (center slider NO rate mode) you CAN get the gyro endpoints set so it doesn't bind (you CANT if setup rate mode). BUT I found something even more concerning than that. I will have this info up Monday night at the latest.

Quote:
One thing that I did not hear you cover in the tail boom install was the call out in the manual to wrap the boom with a scotch tape (Thickness of .03 to.05mm) where the horizontal fin/boom support mount is mounted on the boom.
Well first I missed that in the manual BUT no way did I need it! My HZ fin support clamp would not even close all thew way! My video points this out that I still have a hairline gap on both sides of it. Any tighter and I feared I would crush the boom. I will make a note of this in the video list or shoot a little segment to add to the videos. Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

Quote:
but on the last video of the 450 pro ...u show us a part of u that we dont wanna to see ..
please dude next time put in some pants....
Dude.... I had shorts on! What you thought I was naked or something?

Later guys... going flying again today!

Bob
Old 04-26-2009, 12:04 PM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default just joking

just joking with u ....i dont say that u was naked or something ....but your shorts look very much like underware....
to clear this out haw about if when u shoot the flying video on the field u put those "shorts pants" (
does not matter any way we all have to thank your work on the videos they rock and we enjoy it very much the heli part ......not the shorts......

keap on bob ..you are the dude.. .

ph i post the pic so your freand on the field can see the the short pants that u have on the video ....i hope its not to cold the the day u shot the demo video ..ahahahhahahah:YeaBaby :

ph2 i have remove the pic ....because i feel that bob dont need this....

Last edited by carpo; 04-26-2009 at 11:08 PM..
Old 04-26-2009, 12:11 PM   #53 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Who has underwear that looks like that! These are shorts with an Hawaiian print on them. Ack... however the tootsie roll is a bit much.... Maybe I will edit that out

Bob
Old 04-26-2009, 12:24 PM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default yeap its to much

i just was showing the "hawaiian print on the shorts"
if u shoot the video on that shorts ..i will upload a video of me on my field , with shorts also

Old 04-26-2009, 12:39 PM   #55 (permalink)

My HF Map location

this is getting strange quickly.
mosca.br is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2009, 01:49 PM   #56 (permalink)

one thing bugging me about this bird is the fact that the tail servo wire is hanging out the back... why could'nt ALIGN have rotated the servo round and keep the wiring in the frames? would be cleaner looking! Tail pushrod would have been 10mm longer...

thats my rant!
P.S. Mine has not arrived yet!!!!!!!
Phillip A. Al-Redha is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2009, 02:08 PM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Ok, I know in my first post I would wait patiently...but I couldn't. I finished mine this morning and flew 6 packs through it. I'm very happy with it (mine is FAR from stock though...)

Bob, you were 100% correct about trying to mount all the servos with the servo tray/bearing blocks out of the heli. I built mine before you posted any videos, and I could not keep the bearing blocks in line if I tightened the servos down. I had to lock them down in the frame with a main shaft in before tightening the servos. I went ahead and drilled out the holes opposite to the elevator servo with a 3/32" bit to fit my align hex driver through. I, like you, never use the included L-shaped tools, and didn't realize they would fit through...

I used a 3500G tail servo with the GP750 and I am only ~8mm out and it worked excellent (but my tail servo is also boom mounted to make up for the extra weight of my 4S 2200 packs, balances perfectly for me)... Anyway, I just adjusted to zero pitch in the tail blades, and used the limit adjustments. I didn't try to get the slider centered in travel, I just adjusted to zero pitch. I really like this gyro, compared to the G770 3D and 401 I've used before. Like I said, I am very pleased with it's performance. I'm eager to hear your method of setting up the tail though.

Wiring was definitely a PITA. My R617FS just BARELY fits (vertically, and with no tail servo in the way!) in the frame with everything plugged in. I pulled my landing gear, bottom plate, and center metal frame spacer to help me install the Rx. I might end up enlarging one of the holes in the side of the frame (similar to caseyjholmes), so all the wires aren't so mashed up against the other side of the frame and so I could mess with the wiring without pulling the Rx out.

Anyway, great job with the videos so far. I think you'll be very happy with the heli. I know I am.
Old 04-26-2009, 06:10 PM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

hey bob, the link for the tail setup part 1 on the first page is still not working properly. The link you posted today works fine.
marty_one is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-27-2009, 10:14 AM   #59 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

OK for sure it is working now. This is what happens when another forum support person tries to help

All fixed.

Bob
Old 04-27-2009, 10:23 AM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wow, could Align really make a design error like this? Can't wait to see how this shakes-out???

Quote from Bob's opening post: "OK I was hoping to get done this weekend but the tail setup and gyro is bugging me. I can get it setup per the manual (center slider) but I just don't like the tail geometry! It's arse backwards. Center slider actually does have some pitch in the blades but its the WRONG WAY! The blades have pitch WITH the direction of torque! WTF?
Also with 10mm ball location the limits are almost at the lowest setting you can get with the gyro. I am just not liking that. Based on MANY who have setup the 450 V2, 8mm on the ball is the best location for optimal resolution and gyro end point settings. At least it has been with other gyros. We all know that and have done 8mm for years.
Now then comes all this Rate mode talk and people having issues with rate mode setup and NOT being able to set the ends so they don't bind (the offset slider end). I think I have a solution and I will be telling about it. Align may disagree but I am going to make my point clear using other helicopters that do have proper geometry and don't have these problems.
Anyway expect 2 sets of videos next
1) Setup stock per the manual
2) Modification of the tail and setup my way.
Stay tuned. Personally I hope to make a little noise here so the powers that be look into this".
RMG2 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in