Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > FMA/Revolectrix Product Support

FMA/Revolectrix Product Support FMA/Revolectrix Factory Product Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2012, 11:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Copilot II and Trex 500 with AR8000

Hey Folks,

I have recently acquired the infamous Copilot II in hopes of learning to fly helis with more confidence

I have a Trex 500 with a AR8000 receiver. I took a picture of how the wires were on my receiver before I pulled them out.

I remember reading a post here on Helifreak about which servo is which on the 500. I am just going to quote a portion of it (credits go to original poster):

"...Aileron / Front Right servo
Pitch / Front Left servo
Elevator / Rear servo..."

Is the above correct? If not, then can someone please correct me?

I need help with figuring out which cable to connect where on the CP2 and then consequently on my receiver.

Thanks a bunch in advance
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1079.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	302689  
canadien007 is offline        Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2012, 10:54 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadien007 View Post
Hey Folks,

I have recently acquired the infamous Copilot II in hopes of learning to fly helis with more confidence

I have a Trex 500 with a AR8000 receiver. I took a picture of how the wires were on my receiver before I pulled them out.

I remember reading a post here on Helifreak about which servo is which on the 500. I am just going to quote a portion of it (credits go to original poster):

"...Aileron / Front Right servo
Pitch / Front Left servo
Elevator / Rear servo..."

Is the above correct? If not, then can someone please correct me?

I need help with figuring out which cable to connect where on the CP2 and then consequently on my receiver.

Thanks a bunch in advance
You fail to mention if your tail in or tail out..

But in any case..
Aileron and Pitch are interchangeable all you need do is correct the movement in your Tx.
Elevator is correct.

My suggestion is that you read the Co-Pilot II - How To, Made Simple! sticky .

nightflyr is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2012, 11:02 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Unplug one at a time from receiver, plug into copilot. Plug the corresponding plug from copilot into receiver. One at a time, can't mess it up.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Building aerial video platforms for hire!! Consulting and custom builds available.
carguy4471 is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2012, 01:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

So, on my receiver AUX1 should be the tail servo.
Old 03-28-2012, 04:44 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Not in this reality.....

AUX1 on a CCPM helicopter is PITCH.

You have a rudder channel and you would use either the gear channel or AUX2 for gyro gain

Old 03-28-2012, 05:12 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflyr View Post
Not in this reality.....

AUX1 on a CCPM helicopter is PITCH.

You have a rudder channel and you would use either the gear channel or AUX2 for gyro gain
LOL you are correct, I do have a rudder channel and that's where my tail servo is probably connected.

I taped a piece of paper on each cable from the receiver as I was pulling them out one by one, as to which goes where.

I have the following:

Thro
Aile
Elev
Rudd
Gain (this is where the yellow is connected)
AUX 1.

Now for the fun part, which goes where on CP2?
Old 03-29-2012, 01:55 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Your concerned with only 3 lineshere

Install your throttle, gyro and gyro gain leads back into your Rx.

Take the Aileron servo lead and install it (black lead towards the top of the avionic computer) into SV01 and then find the lead marked RCV1 and install that into the AIL port of your Rx.
Do the same with your PITCH servo using SV02 and RCV2 and ELEV using SV03 and RCV3.

Old 03-30-2012, 09:46 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Your concerned with only 3 lineshere

Install your throttle, gyro and gyro gain leads back into your Rx.

Take the Aileron servo lead and install it (black lead towards the top of the avionic computer) into SV01 and then find the lead marked RCV1 and install that into the AIL port of your Rx.
Do the same with your PITCH servo using SV02 and RCV2 and ELEV using SV03 and RCV3.
Done everything as told.

As for the vertical sensor, I was planning to installing to on the frame itself, close to where my gyro is. Is that a good spot? Would I be "violating" any rules in doing so? I ask because to manual asked to have all the sensors installed at least 6 inches away from the avionics computer.

I intend on being able to turn CP2 on/off during flight. Would I still need to install the gyro gain lead back into the "GEAR" slot or would I install it on CP2 "SVO4" slot?
Old 03-31-2012, 07:44 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Done everything as told.

As for the vertical sensor, I was planning to installing to on the frame itself, close to where my gyro is. Is that a good spot? Would I be "violating" any rules in doing so? I ask because to manual asked to have all the sensors installed at least 6 inches away from the avionics computer.

The vertical sensor requires a unobstructed view above and below to "see" the ground and sky.
That is the only thing to be concerned with.

I intend on being able to turn CP2 on/off during flight. Would I still need to install the gyro gain lead back into the "GEAR" slot or would I install it on CP2 "SVO4" slot?

You state you have a AR8000 Rx, you can install your gyro gain into AUX2 to control your gyro gain and have the On / Off function on the gear channel.

Old 03-31-2012, 02:55 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
The vertical sensor requires a unobstructed view above and below to "see" the ground and sky.
I dont mean to sound stupid but the blades or the flybar paddles are not considered an obstruction right?
Old 03-31-2012, 03:28 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

No. They're too small and are moving, too, so the sensor has plenty a view of the sky.
Trex 700N Pro fbl, 600N Pro x 2, 450SE v1, 250 v2 fbl, Compass 6HV fbl, Blade 450x, 400, 300x, 130x, mCPx, 120SR, mQx, mSR, Rotor Concepts HPQ1, Walkera CB180Q, CB100, Novus FP, CP, Esky Hunter, Big Lama.
jperkosk is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2012, 03:43 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jperkosk View Post
No. They're too small and are moving, too, so the sensor has plenty a view of the sky.
I figured it shouldnt matter, but, better safe than sorry!
Old 04-01-2012, 09:18 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Done everything as told.

You state you have a AR8000 Rx, you can install your gyro gain into AUX2 to control your gyro gain and have the On / Off function on the gear channel.
Hey

I have 2 more cables that havent been plugged into anything, and those are the SVO4 and RCV4.

I know you mentioned that the RCV4 doesnt go anywhere. In my case, where would the SVO4 connect to?
Old 04-01-2012, 10:54 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

In your case, if you were to use the gyro gain option on the CPII, the gain lead would plug into SV04 , but your not so you do nothing with it

Old 04-03-2012, 09:35 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
In your case, if you were to use the gyro gain option on the CPII, the gain lead would plug into SV04 , but your not so you do nothing with it
Thanks.

I was trying to complete the setup on the IR computer and got to the point where it was asking about about the ON/OFF thing.

I picked YES to have the ON/OFF but after doing so it gave me an 'error' saying "THE PIGTAIL WIRE IS NOT CONNECTED", I tried to ignore the msg and go forward. It did let me go past that step but then when it got to the point where it was asking to turn the switch off and then switch it ON and I was getting a value for the Tx. It just showed up as "---- uS".

HELP!
Old 04-04-2012, 12:21 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

^
|
|
|

Help
Old 04-04-2012, 12:57 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Where do you have the on/off plugged into?

Old 04-04-2012, 01:29 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Where do you have the on/off plugged into?

At school right now, once I get home I'll check.

Where SHOULD it connected?
Old 04-04-2012, 01:38 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Usually the gear or Aux2 channel

Old 04-04-2012, 04:06 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Usually the gear or Aux2 channel
My gyro lead is in RUDDER and yellow gain lead is in the GEAR slot on the receiver.

in AUX I have the RCV3 lead from the computer and on the Computer in SVO3 I believe I have the Pitch servo lead.

In that case, I think the ON/OFF lead should go into the AUX2.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in