Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Jeti Duplex Radio Systems

Jeti Duplex Radio Systems Jeti Duplex Radio Systems Support

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2014, 10:24 PM   #101 (permalink)
Registered Users

Off the top of my head, you could do it with 2 mixes activated by your throttle cut switch.

On the same switch as the Throttle cut, mix rudder to rudder (so it cancels out what ever your current stick position is), then a second mix of the Throttle cut switch position to your rudder channel when active, so it forces rudder to the end point (you may need to reverse it to get left rudder).

There will be other ways of doing it of course, the nice thing about the Jeti is how flexible it is.

//Dennis.
Thunder Fighter is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2014, 05:41 AM   #102 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks Dennis, I have something that will work, although not perfect.
Flicking the switch makes the rudder go to -100%, but if I rudder right, it will go back to 0%, so I will just have to make sure I come off the rudder stick and it will be fine.
Old 04-17-2014, 06:59 AM   #103 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you mix rudder to rudder (I think at -100) it will cancel the rudder stick input.

//Dennis.
Thunder Fighter is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2014, 08:17 AM   #104 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Post your "HOW DO YOU DO THAT" Questions Here

Aha, thanks Dennis, now it's perfect!
Old 05-21-2014, 09:41 PM   #105 (permalink)
Registered Users

Can I view DS-16 files on my PC?
firemedic295 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2014, 08:15 AM   #106 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Post your "HOW DO YOU DO THAT" Questions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by firemedic295 View Post
Can I view DS-16 files on my PC?

Yes. You need to download the "flight monitor" program. From there you can view logs.

Disregard the references to the Mezon in the vid below. You can view the logs from the radio which your JLog sends as well.

I'd suggest that the data log directly from the JLog is better to be viewed via Logview though.

If you want to read GPS info from the radio on your PC then you can certain do that on flight monitor.

[ame]http://youtu.be/Wo1-zFT3jSw[/ame]
Old 06-01-2014, 11:33 AM   #107 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 10Hz GPS w/ Jeti?

I need 10Hz data rate GPS speed logging.

I would like to have the log displayed on a DS-16 but I don't think this is possible because the Jeti MGPS EX outputs at a 5Hz rate. Correct?

I there a way of connecting a third party 10Hz GPS to a Jeti DS-16 so it can display the log?

If this is not possible I will go with an Eagle Tree eLogger V4 & 10Hz GPS and lug around a laptop.
tgiencke is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-29-2014, 02:22 AM   #108 (permalink)
Registered Users

Is there a way to asign a switch so it resets a timer instead of using the CLR button?

I am a new user to the DS16. Before I used to have the Futaba 14SG (I still have it). I am pretty pleased with it so far. I bought it because of the feeling when I hold it in my hands and because it lacks potentiometers that can be worn.
Old 10-09-2014, 04:00 AM   #109 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Connect Jeti DS-16 to RC Droid Box

I would be extremely grateful if you anyone could provide some advice on how to connect a Jeti DS-16 to an RC Droid Box (RCDB).

I am aware that a PPM cable (see link below) may be purchased from Jeti and used to connect the DS-16 to RCDB; provided the RCDB is powered from an external battery.

http://www.jetimodel.com/cs/katalog/...na-Jack-Black/

From what I can gather, one end of the cable attaches to the PPM port inside in the DS-16 which I can access by taking off the back cover. However, I am unclear how to attach the cable to the RCDB. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
smcgrath is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2015, 06:05 PM   #110 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hello everyone, not sure this is the right place but I was wondering if anyone has or knows where I can get or look at a basic quadcopter model setup, I'm new to Jeti DS -16 and I can't find anything online. I'm currently waiting for my Spirit FBL to come in for my trex 450prodfc and I would like to fly something in the meantime. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Krose05 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2015, 12:10 AM   #111 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Matching stick movement to rudder movement

Hello,
I have a Goblin 380 set up using a Jeti DS-16 and Spirit Flybarless unit. Everything looks good so far but, (especially on the rudder) I have full movement of the tail slider, but it all happens on maybe 15% of the available stick movement on the Jeti.
Is there a way to match the stick movements to the slider movements?
btracey1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2015, 04:20 AM   #112 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default how to wire 3gx to a 6 channel futaba rx

hi guys/girls

how do i wire a 3gx compact into a 6 channel futaba( it is a R146ip 6 channel)

i did it no problem on a 7 channel futaba, but now the six is missing a slot?
flyrory is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2015, 08:11 AM   #113 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default wav file

how do i asign a file to my sb...i installed a push button there for bailout on my spirit...i cant seam to find the setting for that switch...i found the others but i cant find the sb one?
cptnsharrow is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2015, 03:05 AM   #114 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptnsharrow View Post
how do i asign a file to my sb...i installed a push button there for bailout on my spirit...i cant seam to find the setting for that switch...i found the others but i cant find the sb one?
If you mean how to assign the sound file to the Sb switch that is in the sound file menu see page 109 of the manual.

If you canot find the Sb switch when you are in the switch assignment menu, it is probably because your new switch (push button) was not assigned (recognized) to your Tx yet. This is done automatically normally (in the DC-16 which I have) after turning the Tx off/on but it will not happen with the DS-16. It needs to be done manually then.

Go into your Menu-Advanced Properties- Sticks/Switches, change the Control No. to your switch location and change the Type of Control.
Old 04-11-2015, 12:04 PM   #115 (permalink)
Registered Users

How do you set a timer to only work on a servo output percentage?
I can set timers no problem but at the mo I can't seem to link it to the throttle servo output percentage. The timer will start when I move the throttle but shuts down when I go negative pitch even when in idle up as its on the same stick control.
I would like it to respond to the actual output to the servo it would then be universal over all flight modes
Busher is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2015, 11:02 AM   #116 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busher View Post
How do you set a timer to only work on a servo output percentage?
I can set timers no problem but at the mo I can't seem to link it to the throttle servo output percentage. The timer will start when I move the throttle but shuts down when I go negative pitch even when in idle up as its on the same stick control.
I would like it to respond to the actual output to the servo it would then be universal over all flight modes
If you are setting up a count down timer to keep track of when the motor is running, then you can use logical switches. Following is my setup. I have Flight Modes (Normal, IU1, IU2) on the SA swith and Hold on the SF switch.

Count Down Timer Setup:
Sticks/Switches Setup:
- Control No.: P4
- Switch On: -75%
- Switch Off: -75%
Logical Switches:
- L11: Throttle, P4 OR Sa (NOT Normal)
- L4: Motor On, L11 AND Sf (NOT Hold)
Timers:
- Label: Count Down
- Initial value: +00:05:00
- Target value: +00:00:00
- Timer type: Standard
- Report type: Beep 2
- Switch: L4
FrankFuss is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2015, 11:18 AM   #117 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks frank that looks like it will work,

It would appear there aren't enough logical switches on a jeti, you have to use them for nearly everything that is not the norm. My opinion is they should have a few more available across the radio range..
Busher is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2015, 07:13 PM   #118 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busher View Post
Thanks frank that looks like it will work,

It would appear there aren't enough logical switches on a jeti, you have to use them for nearly everything that is not the norm. My opinion is they should have a few more available across the radio range..
Yes, it would be nice to have more logical switches, but I have not found that I need more for my use. I have only used 11 out of the 16 logical switches for my heli setup. I have implemented the following:

1. Idle System Warning. Warning after 5 and 10 minutes if the P1/P2 stick has not moved.
2. Normal Mode Warning. Warning if I have not switched out of Normal Mode soon after takeoff. This is so I do not end up going inverted while in Normal Mode.
3. Count Down Timer.
4. Rescue Function. Enables rescue (Spirit FBL) when not in Hold Mode.
Old 04-28-2015, 08:53 PM   #119 (permalink)
Registered Users

I use 3 and 4 but would you mind sharing your setup for 1 and 2. Just laziness on my part to think about how to do it.
Old 04-29-2015, 01:23 AM   #120 (permalink)
Registered Users

Following is my setup for the Idle System Timer. A warning is announced after 5 and 10 minutes if the P1/P2 stick is not moved. The only hard part is the 300.0s and 600.0s time values for the two sequencers must be set by editing the model file with a JSON editor, because it takes too many turns of the 3D Control Wheel to create these time values. I created the sequencers with small time values like 3.0s and 6.0s and then edited the values in the model file. I use the Chrome JSON Editor App. I can expand on this if necessary.

Idle Timer Setup:
Logical Switches:
- L1: P1 Center, P1 > -5% AND P1 < 5%
- L2: P2 Center, P2 > -5% AND P2 < 5%
- L3: P1-P2 Cntr, L1 AND L2
Sequencer:
- Q1: Idle Ck 5, Switch: L3, 0.0s-0%, 300.0s-0%, Type of path: Asymmetrical
- Q2: Idle Ck 10, Switch: L3, 0.0s-0%, 600.0s-0%, Type of path: Asymmetrical
Sound on Event:
- Switch: Q1, File: _WSYIDLE.WAV (says "Warning, System Idle"), Delay: 0.0s, Repeat: No
- Switch: Q2, File: _WSYIDLE.WAV, Delay: 0.0s, Repeat: Yes

Following is my setup for the Normal Mode Check. A warning is announced at 10 and 17 seconds after spool up if still in Normal Mode. This is non-trivial because a logical latch (L7/L8, logical switches that hold each other on) is used so that the warning is not triggered at inappropriate times (for example, when switching to Normal Mode for landing you do not want to trigger the warning). The latch is made when switched out of Normal Mode and is reset when switched back to Normal Mode and low throttle. Logical switches L11 and L4 were created for a Count Down Timer and reused here.

Normal Mode Check Setup:
Logical Switches:
- L11: Throttle, P4 OR Sa (NOT Normal)
- L4: Motor On, L11 AND Sf (NOT Hold)
- L5: Strt Md Ck, Sa (Normal) AND L4
- L6: Rset Md Ck, Sa (Normal) AND NOT L4
- L7: Make Latch, L8 OR NOT Sa (Normal)
- L8: Hold Latch, L7 AND NOT L6
- L9: Mode Check, L5 AND NOT L8
Sequencer:
- Q3: Mode Ck 1, Switch: L9, 0.0s-0%, 10.0s-0%, Type of path: Asymmetrical
- Q4: Mode Ck 2, Switch: L9, 0.0s-0%, 17.0s-0%, Type of path: Asymmetrical
Sound on Event:
- Switch: Q3, File: _WNRMLMD.WAV (says "Warning, Normal Mode"), Delay: 0.0s, Repeat: No
- Switch: Q4, File: _WNRMLMD.WAV, Delay: 0.0s, Repeat: Yes

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in