Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters > 450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters

450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters 450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2013, 11:34 AM   #161 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithy4129 View Post
ok, I have two questions after taking apart my head, one is I have a bad thrust bearing and they supplied two of the same races on one side, where can I get thrust bearings and races? also, which way does the tapered brass washer go, it fits between the damper and the inner bearing.
This is for the larger Tarot 450 DFC thrust bearings: HERE

This is for the standard 450 Pro thrust bearings: HERE
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2013, 10:51 PM   #162 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by PcChip View Post
This is for the larger Tarot 450 DFC thrust bearings: HERE

This is for the standard 450 Pro thrust bearings: HERE
thank you, I am referring to the tarot head, do you have any idea about the brass washer next to the dampener?
keithy4129 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2013, 04:23 AM   #163 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
thank you, I am referring to the tarot head, do you have any idea about the brass washer next to the dampener?
The flat, wider surface area goes against the dampner and the other side contacts the inner race of the blade grip bearing.
scottyay is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2013, 09:06 AM   #164 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyay View Post
The flat, wider surface area goes against the dampner and the other side contacts the inner race of the blade grip bearing.

thanks dude, appreciate it!
Old 05-09-2013, 05:59 AM   #165 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
thanks dude, appreciate it!
No worries mate.
Old 05-09-2013, 09:35 AM   #166 (permalink)
Registered Users

hey guys, I have a Align dfc head that Im going to put on a blade 450 3d (I like the tarot better so that's on my trex) when I spin the grips I get this notchy feelings, can this head not be tightened all the way? any ideas? I figured I would ask in here since most of you probably have experience with them.
Old 05-09-2013, 10:01 AM   #167 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
hey guys, I have a Align dfc head that Im going to put on a blade 450 3d (I like the tarot better so that's on my trex) when I spin the grips I get this notchy feelings, can this head not be tightened all the way? any ideas? I figured I would ask in here since most of you probably have experience with them.
You should be able to tighten the 2 bolts right down. Maybe you have a bad bearing inside the head or perhaps one of them is not seated correctly, I know my grips are a tight fit for the bearings.
Old 05-09-2013, 05:00 PM   #168 (permalink)
Registered Users

you may have to get different size washers to put in there, sometimes that just happens based on tolerances. Just make sure the washers are the same size on both sides so it doesn't get thrown out of balance (by pushing one side too far out)

some people even sand down their washers until it's perfect

also sometimes it flies fine, and "seats itself" in flight
Old 05-11-2013, 02:52 PM   #169 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyay View Post
You should be able to tighten the 2 bolts right down. Maybe you have a bad bearing inside the head or perhaps one of them is not seated correctly, I know my grips are a tight fit for the bearings.
Quote:
you may have to get different size washers to put in there, sometimes that just happens based on tolerances. Just make sure the washers are the same size on both sides so it doesn't get thrown out of balance (by pushing one side too far out)

some people even sand down their washers until it's perfect

also sometimes it flies fine, and "seats itself" in flight
you guys are awesome, it probably is tolerances, I snugged them down so it isn't to tight, and I just check for lateral play each flight to make sure something didn't come loose. even though I just converted my blade 450 to flybarless, my trex feels way more "crisp" in every way, guess that's just the difference between a carbon/aluminum machine vs. a plastic one, lol
Old 05-11-2013, 10:34 PM   #170 (permalink)
Registered Users

Actually surprisingly I think plastic machines can feel crisp too - look at all the Logo's and Protos machines. Also, plastic is actually better for many parts as no loctite is needed, and in a crash it won't bend like metal (might snap though, which is fine)
Old 05-11-2013, 10:49 PM   #171 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Actually surprisingly I think plastic machines can feel crisp too - look at all the Logo's and Protos machines. Also, plastic is actually better for many parts as no loctite is needed, and in a crash it won't bend like metal (might snap though, which is fine)
I just sold my Trex 600 and bought a logo 600 and that is partialy the reason I did. Weight is another factor.
Should be here in a couple of days, I can't wait.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in