Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Aerial Videography and Photography

Aerial Videography and Photography Aerial Video/Photo from R/C Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2011, 12:57 AM   #101 (permalink)
Registered Users

disciple,
Heard you loud and clear
1st priority is gasser governor. We will look into what you suggested .... can give you time line at this point. But, gasser governor is urgent.
sidneyw is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2011, 08:02 PM   #102 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey, thanks. Another thing, on the govornor topic:

The manual states-< “Assumption: 100% gain is perfect which means a tolerance of +/-50 rpm (there will always be tolerance).
Raising the gain from 100% to 120% will have a tolerance of +/-100 rpm (the higher the gain the wider the tolerance)
Lowering the gain from 100% to 80% will have a tolerance of +/-25 rpm, however the negative impact will be when more weight is
added to the heli, the govenor will be unable to response as quick.” >

In general gain definitions are such that high gains result in tighter control and the potential for oscillation, and lower gains result in looser, gentler control. However the first sentences above seem opposite, then the logic for "However the negative impact..." does not seem to make sense. So in short what does the gain do? I need smooth control within 30rpm's, and the potential to hold RPM when turning at 50mph, etc, where significant power need changes take place. Similar to a GV-1 For now mine is at 90% And I must say, I am not having gov problems per se.

I just try to more completely understand the logic here to have a more robust setup, I appreciate your involvement.
disciple4123 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-31-2011, 04:50 AM   #103 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ace One Click & Go

Still working on gasser governor .... another week or two.
sidneyw is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2011, 10:26 AM   #104 (permalink)
Registered Users

Check the semi tak off and landing here. Flying a helicopter is just that easy.
DJI Innovations is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2012, 10:12 PM   #105 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Finally, Ace Series Support Z15, Happy!

I got the news, new firmware released for DJI Ace can support Zenmuse now.

I am thinking about it.................
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Ace WayPoint product release notes en.pdf (320.7 KB, 213 views)
File Type: pdf Ace_One_product_release_notes_en.pdf (1.24 MB, 178 views)
Flyinthesky is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2012, 05:34 AM   #106 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Announcement:DJI Offers Free Of Charge “Ace One” Maintenance

Announcement

DJI Offers Free Of Charge “Ace One” Maintenance

Dear DJI Customers

First of all, we really appreciate your continued support and trust in DJI and DJI products. DJI has been able to develop outstanding products due to customer support and feedback. We assure you that we will continue to make every effort to offer better autopilot systems, increase the number of high quality products related to this sector, and give outstanding service support to every customer.

The DJI professional helicopter autopilot system “Ace One” was released nearly two years ago. Most of the Ace One systems, according to our investigations, perform tasks in rather adverse conditions, such as high temperatures, dust, moisture, oil film and so forth. All of these factors can cause and accelerate the aging of some components and parts inside the Ace One. DJI would like to offer their Ace One customers a single free of charge Maintenance Service.

The Free of Charge Maintenance service is only applicable to customers who

bought their Ace One before January 1, 2012

If you would like to take part in this free of charge service, then please contact your local dealer. In order to maintain the best flight performance of your Ace One, once your unit is received, DJI will carry out a complete inspection and maintenance of your unit. This service includes full testing / inspection, any component changes required, re-calibration and flight testing.

Once DJI Headquarters has received your Ace One, it will take approximately 6 to 8 working days to finish the complete maintenance process before shipping the Ace One back to you, this time will depend upon unforeseen circumstances, for example the weather for test flights. Any questions, please contact your local dealer or DJI Headquarters directly.

Thank you for your continued support.

DJI Sales & Marketing Dept
2012-8-27
DJI Innovations is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2012, 09:17 AM   #107 (permalink)
Registered Users

This sounds more like a product recall.

Anyone know why ?.
Exposure is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2012, 04:32 PM   #108 (permalink)
Registered Users

Most probably the Compass that had drift in them, i bought mine since the beginning
but was lucky to not have drift on mine. But im just guessing.

Felipe
Flying Tivo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2012, 09:35 AM   #109 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have also been using mine for 2 years and bought one of the first ones from the initial batch. Its been performing flawlessly with no drift issues ever since.

Im wondering if I should just keep flying or send it in for a "cleaning".
I'll have to think about this.
Old 08-29-2012, 12:47 PM   #110 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Most probably the Compass that had drift in them, i bought mine since the beginning
but was lucky to not have drift on mine. But im just guessing.
My Ace One would not fly in a strait line when I installed it. I rotated it about 12 degrees to the right. I live in Southern California. My magnetic declination is

http://magnetic-declination.com/

12.8 degrees.
Thats why they drift. Set it to the correct declination and it flies strait as an arrow.

I do love my ace one

But

I could never get it set up flybarless to my taste.

I now fly with a flybar and it is rock solid.

I do not have auto take off and landing options .I bought mine in August of 2011 and they were giving those two away for free with an august purchase.

I do have issues with the USA Rep and lack of support, but thats me. your experience may differ

Will I send mine in?

dont know. Mostly affraid to send a 3500 dollar item through the mal that far. I do it all the time at work, but thats not my equipment
splitboarder is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in