Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Jeti Duplex Radio Systems

Jeti Duplex Radio Systems Jeti Duplex Radio Systems Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2013, 01:21 PM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

The Orange module keeps the BNFs in memory once they're bound. You operate the Jeti TX just like it was a Spektrum TX. Fire it up, change the slot and you're done. The only drawback is that if you don't care much you could fly any of the bound BNF models with any setup that is in any slot in the Jeti (no model match here).
-רחל is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2013, 02:00 PM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by -רחל View Post
The Orange module keeps the BNFs in memory once they're bound. You operate the Jeti TX just like it was a Spektrum TX. Fire it up, change the slot and you're done. The only drawback is that if you don't care much you could fly any of the bound BNF models with any setup that is in any slot in the Jeti (no model match here).
Wow, ok great news! I would definitely make sure I have the correct model dialed up in the jetti! You have made my day for sure.
Thanks, Scott S
scott s is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2013, 05:01 PM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott s View Post
Wow, ok great news! I would definitely make sure I have the correct model dialed up in the jetti! You have made my day for sure.
Thanks, Scott S
The only inconvenient is the need to bind the model with the Orange TX every time you switch models......but with the BNF since there's no binding plug require it not that big of a deal...

I just bind the Jeti receiver in my case 4i with TX then accept it for each BNF once and voila...
Dansy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2013, 06:18 PM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dansy View Post
The only inconvenient is the need to bind the model with the Orange TX every time you switch models......but with the BNF since there's no binding plug require it not that big of a deal...

I just bind the Jeti receiver in my case 4i with TX then accept it for each BNF once and voila...
Now this was what I was trying to explain. My custom 130x's are all equipped with either standard beastx or robird G31 but decased to save weight. They are not the bnf 3+1 boards. So I was correct. when I go from 1 130x to another I will have to bind the satellites to the orange tx module and my systems will require bind plug and troublesome button programming
and with the robird a binding to a full size rx. NO this will not work!! I guess I will keep the jr9303 for all spektrum based sub micros. Not a big deal as it is not worth much on todays market anyways. The jetti will be used for 250 helis and up.
The problem is getting used to the feel of 2 tx's LOL!

The only other answer is a super tiny ppm out rx from jetti with short antennae similar in size to a decased spectrum satellite. No telemetry or servo ports!
The us r4i is even to long to be practical.
Back to square one LOL!!!
Or I get the same answer from several LOL!
Old 11-30-2013, 07:20 PM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

I will try to explain further. 130x number one has been bound to the orange tx module and of course a set up in the jetti tx. 130x number 2 has been bound to the orange tx module etc. Now when I switch from 130x #1 to fly 130x #2 you are saying that I will have to rebind via bind plug and programming on full blown fbl units to get the sats to recognize. I am getting 2 different answers from 2 different people.
Or simply will the orange tx module link with anything that has been previously bound to it
Old 12-02-2013, 07:31 AM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

[ATTACH]Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	613
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	469219[/ATTACH]
Quote:
I will try to explain further. 130x number one has been bound to the orange tx module and of course a set up in the jetti tx. 130x number 2 has been bound to the orange tx module etc. Now when I switch from 130x #1 to fly 130x #2 you are saying that I will have to rebind via bind plug and programming on full blown fbl units to get the sats to recognize. I am getting 2 different answers from 2 different people.
Or simply will the orange tx module link with anything that has been previously bound to it
Sorry I'm not getting email warning of reply's I will fix that.

The way the TX work is the back plate (which is what we have here even the DIY is still only the backplate without case) is the part that bind with the receiver.....the rest of the normal let say JR TX keep the binding info for any further selection of each model.

So we don't have that JRTx in our little box so we need to re-bind the back plate to the model. So to be clear if you switch model from the DSMX box you need to just rebind that model.....if you don't switch model the box doesn't rebinding.....

The Jeti TX is bind with the Jeti receiver nothing further as required after the first receiver binding and accepting that same receiver for each model going through the DSMX/DSM2 box the first around, same with the programming each model has his own program in the Jeti just select the right model....here announcement from the Jeti TX of which model is selected is very useful.

This my box and yes I really need to get a better looking one

Last edited by Dansy; 12-03-2013 at 09:37 AM..
Old 12-08-2013, 04:40 AM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

And finally also my bridge box is up and running (i used an Hitec servo box) !!!

Pic 1 is the bridge box version from Jeti Tx to Spektrum Rx
Pic 2 is the bridge box version from Jeti Tx to Futaba Rx
Pic 3 and 4 are a view of interiors.

Replacing the Rsat2 with a WTR-7 Futaba wireless module i can also make a bridge from Futaba Tx to Spektrum Rx (for example if the Futaba Tx you have is a pure 2.4 GHz without an interchangeable Tx module)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1_Bridge from Jeti to Spektrum.jpg
Views:	541
Size:	133.4 KB
ID:	470315   Click image for larger version

Name:	2_Bridge from Jeti to Futaba.jpg
Views:	531
Size:	132.1 KB
ID:	470316   Click image for larger version

Name:	3_Interiors.jpg
Views:	509
Size:	182.3 KB
ID:	470317   Click image for larger version

Name:	4_Interiors2.jpg
Views:	413
Size:	160.3 KB
ID:	470329  

Last edited by gelatmi1; 12-08-2013 at 08:32 AM..
gelatmi1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2013, 08:07 AM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

Very nice and clean installation. I like it
The Jeti to Futaba bridge will be nice for the next T-Rex 150. What Futaba part did you use?

Edit: never mind I saw it on the picture.
Old 12-08-2013, 08:42 AM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puttputt maru View Post
Very nice and clean installation. I like it
The Jeti to Futaba bridge will be nice for the next T-Rex 150. What Futaba part did you use?

Edit: never mind I saw it on the picture.
Pleased you appreciate !!
If you need more channels (10 instead of 8) you could use one of this:
http://shop.lindinger.at/product_inf...ducts_id=82954
Old 12-12-2013, 06:15 PM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks to BorisFF and gelatmi1 I got my Mcpx working with my DC-16

Here is my rendition blatantly copying others ideas. Don't forget the diodes if you are using a Lipo. Yes I like stickers. I used a Savox servo box, everything fits perfectly including the dismounted antenna of the orange TX

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0952.jpg
Views:	1097
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	471439   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0954.jpg
Views:	937
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	471440   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0955.jpg
Views:	991
Size:	91.2 KB
ID:	471441   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0956.jpg
Views:	991
Size:	102.8 KB
ID:	471449  
Old 12-12-2013, 06:50 PM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

No need for diodes......they are both (the DIY and Plate) good

Straight lipo has been working fine for me....on both.
Old 12-12-2013, 08:17 PM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
No need for diodes......they are both (the DIY and Plate) good

Straight lipo has been working fine for me....on both.
You wont need diodes unless you use a 3 cell li-ion etc to power the actuall "tx" unit and of course sharing same battery to get the voltage safe to jeti rx. 2 cell lipo is ideal unless you want the extra voltage to the "tx" unit.
Hell I thought I was lost and you all make me feel smart now LOL! Only kiddin folks!
Old 12-12-2013, 08:37 PM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
You wont need diodes unless you use a 3 cell li-ion etc to power the actuall "tx" unit and of course sharing same battery to get the voltage safe to jeti rx. 2 cell lipo is ideal unless you want the extra voltage to the "tx" unit.
Hell I thought I was lost and you all make me feel smart now LOL! Only kiddin folks!
Thats what I said before
Old 12-12-2013, 09:00 PM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users

And I was so proud of my advanced "circuitry"
Thank you both for shattering my pride
I guess my orange Tx is going to get a nice regulated voltage of 7.2V , I would not want to strain a high quality product from HobbyKing
Old 12-12-2013, 09:16 PM   #75 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sorry

The way I wire mine is pretty simple.....2s lipo JST into in side JST of my $1 switch out JR plug into the receiver.......PPM cable (3 wire) into either the DIY or the Back plate

I can monitor the box battery......I used a 950mah and it's good for like 4 nights.....
Old 12-12-2013, 10:57 PM   #76 (permalink)
Registered Users

oh it is easy to monitor also with limited tel from the rx. You will know when it needs to be charged right from the front panel of your fancy tx LOL!
Old 12-13-2013, 12:09 AM   #77 (permalink)
Registered Users

Same here:
one green LED (to see the power ON/OFF status)
2 Lipos
no Diodes
and Jeti telemetry to monitor the battery bridge box status
Old 12-13-2013, 06:54 AM   #78 (permalink)
Registered Users

So now I spent 1.40 $ for nothing good thing it was Canadian dollars they are worth less
Even went to the trouble to translate the German sheet that said to use a diode. Next time I will look at the specs of the Tx first
Old 12-13-2013, 07:03 AM   #79 (permalink)
Registered Users

Big spender you are

edit......even the German site change it to no diode a while back
Old 12-13-2013, 07:29 AM   #80 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
edit......even the German site change it to no diode a while back
Thanks Dansy that makes me feel even better so I was clueless and now not up to date

Just pulling your leg

This is going to simplify my Futaba setup for the T-Rex 150 if I can't get a Jeti Rx to fit

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in