Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 300X

300X Blade 300X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2014, 10:14 PM   #121 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLFLY View Post
Sorry if it's a dumb question but I noted the scorpion oil to the motor. Where do you apply it?
How to Oil your Scorpion Motor Bearings by Innov8tive Designs (12 min 20 sec)
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2014, 11:47 AM   #122 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm not really seeing any of the 300 X issues addressed other than the frame.

At this price there should be, at minimum, a better motor and better cyclic servos as well.

To me, this mainly looks like HH is putting out a different model that they can have higher margins than they did on the original 300 X with hardly anything more offered to the end user.

If the parts pricing is economical, and they put this out for closer to $320, than the $399 ($459.99 MSRP) as it's shown on the site, then cool - but that doesn't seem to be the case.

These are just my initial thoughts, but I've seen quite a bit over the years and have owned several Blade helis including the 300 X (which I've enjoyed).

Last edited by jaydekay; 02-10-2014 at 12:12 PM..
jaydekay is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2014, 01:06 PM   #123 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm kind of wondering how it would fly with 300x stock gearing. That would be a cheap way to make it bog less. I'm sure anyone who buys this will loctite the motor before first flight. Just buy extra gears and you will probably be set for a while. Mine is down waiting on servo gears but I'm not ready for better servos. I've kept my total price low so far and I think its a fun heli and really nice size after a micro.
Schwallyjdog is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2014, 01:16 PM   #124 (permalink)
Registered Users

$399 is considerable chunk of money for me at least.......but over time using amain hobbies has paid off. They have a lot of special sales and discounts that save me hundreds on horizon and spektrum stuff.
thruster is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2014, 07:45 PM   #125 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Blade 300 CFX

Entry level 3d capable? I don't know about you but I did the review in RC helipilot when it was pre release and I was able to bang the shit out of that heli out of the box. I've since done minor upgrades and my 300x is balls to the wall. Just sayin'

Trex 900 DFC Ultra Combo OS HZ 195 Hyper , Goblin 1200 84S Flybared
Scotty T is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-04-2014, 05:31 PM   #126 (permalink)
Registered Users

New Video Blade 300 CFX (3 min 3 sec)
Old 03-04-2014, 09:36 PM   #127 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Nice demo of what a limited power heli can do but those tic-tocs (if you can even call those tic-tocs not lazy rainbows) at 1:05 are likely struggling to stay in the air. The original 300X pre-release demo video did better than that.
DoubleCH is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-04-2014, 09:40 PM   #128 (permalink)

My HF Map location

I think it seemed to be doing fine, I don't think he was trying to tic toc as fast as possible. Judging by the amount of power it seems to have, I'd say it 'can' do them better than the original 300X.
BladeScraper is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-04-2014, 09:47 PM   #129 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

You can hear HS drops so much after every flip and every stroke on the lazy rainbow. He needed the time to restore HS after those moves. I doubt he could keep the HS up any tighter tic-toc.
Old 03-04-2014, 10:31 PM   #130 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleCH View Post
You can hear HS drops so much after every flip and every stroke on the lazy rainbow. He needed the time to restore HS after those moves. I doubt he could keep the HS up any tighter tic-toc.
. I couldn't agree more. The pilot is very skilled I must say but still the heli flies like . It needs better motor.
Old 03-05-2014, 07:08 AM   #131 (permalink)

My HF Map location

no one said anything about keeping the headspeed up. Ever tic toc'd a Nano? I have. It's possible but the headspeed drops some. Just keep pushing on
Old 03-05-2014, 07:18 AM   #132 (permalink)
Registered Users

+1. Fine example of what a talented guy can do with an underpowered bird.
On the upside, there are still plenty of inexpensive power plant solutions once the owner outgrows stock performance.
Old 03-05-2014, 09:05 AM   #133 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeScraper View Post
no one said anything about keeping the headspeed up. Ever tic toc'd a Nano? I have. It's possible but the headspeed drops some. Just keep pushing on
OTOH I didn't say no one can't 3D an underpowered heli. I started off with the original mCPx with brushed motor so don't tell me what an underpowered heli is. I'm talking about tic-toc in particular. No one I mean NO ONE can do a tight fast hard-stop tic-toc with an underpowered heli. Period.
Old 03-05-2014, 10:16 AM   #134 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
OTOH I didn't say no one can't 3D an underpowered heli. I started off with the original mCPx with brushed motor so don't tell me what an underpowered heli is. I'm talking about tic-toc in particular. No one I mean NO ONE can do a tight fast hard-stop tic-toc with an underpowered heli. Period.

+1..

This heli sounds really underpowered! It's going to be interesting to see if a bigger motor Will even fit in this frame being that the motor is underneath now.
Old 03-05-2014, 10:18 AM   #135 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
OTOH I didn't say no one can't 3D an underpowered heli. I started off with the original mCPx with brushed motor so don't tell me what an underpowered heli is. I'm talking about tic-toc in particular. .
You bet I know what an underpowered heli is... I have had 3 mCP X 's. All stock... and one with a bunch of upgrades making it heavier... a 300X with weak batteries... yet I am able to do tic tocs very easily. Aileron and elevator.

With a stock Nano aileron and elevator tic tocs are pretty easy to do. With a good pilot.

I was also talking about tic tocs in particular... why would you say that.

Quote:
No one I mean NO ONE can do a tight fast hard-stop tic-toc with an underpowered heli. Period.
I can hence what I said earlier in this post. ^
Old 03-05-2014, 10:23 AM   #136 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverted2112 View Post
+1. Fine example of what a talented guy can do with an underpowered bird.
On the upside, there are still plenty of inexpensive power plant solutions once the owner outgrows stock performance.
yup. a good enough pilot can easily tic toc an underpowered heli. Be it a Nano, 300X, 300 CFX, mCPx...

if you think it bogs too much, put a smaller pinion on there. All Blade did was throw an extra two teeth on the pinion, made a carbon frame, made some metal upgrades, moved the servos around, and called it a new heli. If you bring the pinion back down, you'll basically have a 300X. A stock 300X doesn't bog much in my experience, hard 3D with tic tocs at 100% is pretty darn easy. A small heli can only tic toc so fast though. Bigger helis can tic toc much faster. Small helis don't have much hang time so you have to be applying collective a lot/more often to keep it in the air.
Old 03-05-2014, 10:32 AM   #137 (permalink)
Registered Users

On the upside, I'm quite happy with my modified 300X, though not much beyond the tail case, boom and belt are true 300X parts anymore.. Oops..

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeScraper View Post
yup. a good enough pilot can easily tic toc an underpowered heli. Be it a Nano, 300X, 300 CFX, mCPx...

if you think it bogs too much, put a smaller pinion on there. All Blade did was throw an extra two teeth on the pinion, made a carbon frame, made some metal upgrades, moved the servos around, and called it a new heli. If you bring the pinion back down, you'll basically have a 300X. A stock 300X doesn't bog much in my experience, hard 3D with tic tocs at 100% is pretty darn easy. A small heli can only tic toc so fast though. Bigger helis can tic toc much faster. Small helis don't have much hang time so you have to be applying collective a lot/more often to keep it in the air.
Old 03-05-2014, 10:44 AM   #138 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just throw a scorpion 2213_14 and castle creations 35 on it, only plus 3 grams and way more tq.
Old 03-05-2014, 10:56 AM   #139 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxracing515151 View Post
Just throw a scorpion 2213_14 and castle creations 35 on it, only plus 3 grams and way more tq.
the problem is fitment. The 300CFX has the motor mounted inside the frame so I am not sure if the 2213-14 will fit in it. The stock is quite small compared to the scorpion motor. If it fit, it will be very tight fit and you may need to do some modifications. I hope not though. We won't know until it's released I guess.

look at the pictures on this thread: https://www.helifreak.com/showpost.p...&postcount=611
notice how the top of the motor (being upside down) almost touch the bottom plate?

additionally, I hope the cf frame sides have elongated holes to adjust the motor position. This would complicate things if you put in a motor with big pinion and it needs to back out a little. But it's something a dremel can handle to modify the holes a little
Old 03-05-2014, 11:20 AM   #140 (permalink)
Registered Users

Seems like Blade/HH has done some homework. Looks like they built this frame to fit the stock motor, which the likely didn't "fix" on purpose.

The stock motor is a POS as are the stock electronics. Now you get a 300X with no upgrade path for the motor, only the stock motor looks to fit. When that stock motor breaks after a few flights you get to buy another stock motor… after a few flights… you get to buy another…

Your money = food for the monster.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in