Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Kontronik Drives

Kontronik Drives Jazz and Jive ESC's and other Kontronik equipment support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2011, 08:13 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

What I mean is the following:

1) is a reset on progdisk or progcard the same as a stick mode 1 (hard reset of all settings). I believe it is because even BEC Voltage gets reset with a progdisk Reset. But I would like to know for sure.

2) and this is the question I really want to know: when setting up the Jive or Heli-jive with the progdisk - you can turn on RPM control. But what type of RPM control would it be if you never use the sticks. Mode 4 or Mode 11 on the Jive (and on the Heli-jive it could be one of the many types of RPM control systems available). The issue is the progdisk does not allow you to specify what type you want - so it must default to a certain type of RPM control. I suspect Mode 4 because that is or was the most common.

Does anyone know the answer.
Hollywood Jorge is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2011, 03:54 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

It is rather simple: "Mode" is not an item of setup with respect to the several functions in setup. "Mode" exists only as a set of predefined settings of a special bunch of functions - and only with setup by stick. A progtool, ProgDisc or ProgCard, does not know about "mode", it knows only about the individual functional items.

Assumed you did a basic setup by stick (you set a "mode"), then a progtools does not get information about a "mode" from the ESC than about the settings of all the individual items.

Okay?
Old 08-21-2011, 12:00 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

So then if I set rpm control to ON - on a jive with Progdisk - do I have the type that remembers rpm regardless of battery (like mode 11) or do I have the type that does not remember rpm and is different depending on the type and strength of the battery (like mode 4). That's what I'm nit sure about.
Old 08-21-2011, 03:22 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Good question(!) which I'll forward to K.....
Old 08-21-2011, 02:41 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

It would be intereting to know since I would prefer to just set up thru the progdisk - now that I own one. It makes setup faster - as long as I know that I would be in a mode 11 style rpm control. Could just reset and get set up done in a few minutes. I prefer 11 to 4.

---
- Thanks...

Hollywood Jorge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-22-2011, 02:57 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here the answer:

Quote:
I prefer 11 to 4.
Unfortunately..

It is the governor mode according mode 4.

Mode 11 (5 with the HeliJIVE) can be set by stick only.

--------------------------------------------

Another info:

K suggests to use mode setup (by stick) always, - and then do necessary modifications by a progtool (Card or Disc).

Reset:

Only setting mode 1 (or reset by a progtool) clears all.

But the throttle range is learned everytime you set a mode different from mode 1. The high end is learned if you use stick to select a mode. The low end is learned already by entering setup mode (jumper out).

Tom
Old 08-23-2011, 07:48 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

That's what I figured and how I have been setting up my Jives. I use the sticks to set the mode, then use the ProgDisk to set the details.

I wasn't sure what RPM mode was the default on the ProgDisk, but my guess was mode 4 because it seems to be the most generic.

It would be nice if Kontronic would release an update to the ProgDisk which allows you to set the RPM Mode on the ProgDisk for a Jive or HeliJive.

This feature does exist on the Koby - using a ProgDisk - and it would follow that it should exist in the Jive or HeliJive - being that they are the "top of the line."

Obviously, this could only be done on the ProgDisk not the cards.

Next in line on the wish-list would be a HV BEC for the Jive - like the one on the Koby - so we could go up to 7.4 Volts without a separate BEC.

Thanks...

Hollywood Jorge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in