Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 100 Class Electric Helicopters

100 Class Electric Helicopters 100 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2015, 12:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default V977 Thread Only. Lets make this only for V977

I am Tommy. Been flying now for probably 6-7 months.. Started out with many coaxil's. Then got me a 120 SR. Hard time learnin it. with lots of money on repair.... Finally got me a V977 because of a friends word that this is what I need (gunnyjeeves) ....
I have found this to be a great heli. Yes she is touchy, fast, 3D, 6G, very inexpensive, inexpensive to fix (because all you will need are a few main gears)....
What I would like to do here is make a place just for the V977... I have learned alot about this heli, so I am sure I could help alot of you.. There are others on here that will tell you how good this heli is, (lots).....
So any probs, any hurts, any words, anything on this V977 let us get it going....Here!!!!!
Thank you all.. Let us get V977 up on a main.....Not just a 100 class heli..
Because this is one that needs to be out there for sure..
Tommyvess is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2015, 12:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default Main gear not lining up with pinion

I will go first!!! My pinion flew off the other day, I already had me extra's so I put another on.... It kept flying off!!!!!
I had a friend tell me to gorilla glue it on.. This worked perfect!!!!!
Now I had a prob that the main gear was set at the bottom of the pinion.... Not enough to keep it spinning the right way....
I had to take the main gear off and just sand down the end (just a little) to make it line up better with the pinion.. She is perfect now...
Anyone else have this prob when replacing a pinion?????
Old 10-25-2015, 12:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Love my V977 x's 2. Both are stout little buggars.

Question.... Is it simply not possible to auto in with the V977 when you hit TH?
helicrack is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-25-2015, 01:01 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

No, auto is not able with the TH on.. It is really used for flipping when your about ready to crash (you won't break nothing) and for zero set on the swashplate...
Hey gunny jeeves if I am wrong here anytime please let me know!!!
Old 10-25-2015, 01:04 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

yes sir, I love this girl... Mine is called a Witch with a B.... I love her... She can do it all.... Very fast, was too fast when I started, but got it down.... So precise on movement it ain't funny.
Old 10-27-2015, 06:00 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Come on..Need V977 posts!!! Lets kick this thing.... Love ya all!!
Old 11-08-2015, 12:56 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Has anybody been able to bind this to a Taranis with a FlySky module?
MyRCode is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2015, 12:12 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just bought a RTF off banggood
Old 11-12-2015, 10:54 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

What type of leads does the battery use? If I get this heli I want to be able to use my own charger and parallel charge the lipos. I need a parallel board or harness with banana plugs in order to use my charger.
Heli's that I currently fly: Lynx Oxy3+ {Build In Progress!}, JR Forza 450 {hangar queen}, Blade 180CFX, Blade mCPX BL {work horse}, Blade NanoCPX - Blade Nano QX, Blade NanoQX3D - Phoenix 5.5 - Spektrum DX6 - - HeliFreak is great! -
Canadian_Jesus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2015, 06:36 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

How are you guys finding the transmitter they're shipping with this heli? How does it compare to a DX6i, for example?

This is a heli I've become very interested in as a CP intro heli that could be flyable in my small yard, and has less pucker factor than bigger CP helis I'm interested in as well (the 230 S and 180 CFX).

I'm waiting on a copy of Phoenix Flight Sim with a DX6i (well priced bundle where I have only the basic LP4DSM right now and no sim experience) to learn CP with. There's some good recommended sim programs in the Heli School forum that I'm aiming to work with over the winter, before trying the real thing come spring.

I have my mSR and mSR X for indoor flight - yes they are FP, but they scratch the winter itch in my very limited indoor space that is just too small to learn CP in.

I'd been waiting on the early reviews of the Nano CPS, as that was the heli I had thought to transition to CP with - but the level of dissatisfaction with it that its forum gives the impression of has led me to scrap that plan. Same for the mCPX BL.

The enthusiasm I've seen so far from owners of the V977, along with its excellent bang for the buck, has turned me on to this little guy as what I want to see in an entry priced, limited outdoor space, CP heli.
Blade Scraper is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2015, 05:43 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

It's a great heli to learn cp on ,6g worked great at first but it developed a nasty uncontrollable drift . Flight in 3G is super stable and fast so be careful flying it in small spaces . Honestly its a good cp learning tool but once you master it move up to one of the aforementioned heli's. It'll be a night and day difference. Oh as you may know everything is preprogrammed on the v977's board so you can't play with curves ,dr's and expo��
3D Ambitions is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2015, 06:25 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3D Ambitions View Post
It's a great heli to learn cp on ,6g worked great at first but it developed a nasty uncontrollable drift . Flight in 3G is super stable and fast so be careful flying it in small spaces . Honestly its a good cp learning tool but once you master it move up to one of the aforementioned heli's. It'll be a night and day difference. Oh as you may know everything is preprogrammed on the v977's board so you can't play with curves ,dr's and expo��
I'm going backwards....I've got the helis listed in my sig and want something small to play with in front of the house.
Old 11-19-2015, 10:31 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyRCode View Post
I'm going backwards....I've got the helis listed in my sig and want something small to play with in front of the house.
Haha yeah it's a good heli but the tail blows out a lot if you're too aggressive with the collective.
Old 11-19-2015, 11:32 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

It would be a big step forward for me, having no CP experience to speak of at all. My indoor flight space is too limited for even my mSR X, at least for where I'm at now on the improvement scale: very comfortable with my slower and more stable mSR, and dumb thumb it increasingly rarely when the heli is nose-in; and the MM mod and new DX6i (to me anyway), should help me reign in my mSR X.

The outdoor flying season is past here - just too cold for me to take pleasure in outdoors flying with every day below 0C here now. So for me its more about selecting a good micro that I can fly in the yard for when the weather warms up again.

I'll use the winter months to keep improving my control of the mSR and mSR X - even though they're FP, some of the skills gained (particularly those involving nose-in orientation) should carry over to CP. I'll soon have Phoenix to at least begin practicing CP on a sim over the winter.

I want to build a bigger heli as well - thinking Gaui X3 - as a winter project. The smaller CP could become a staple yard flyer (even an X3 is way too big for my back yard), as well as a warm up heli.

With no rush involved before I can fly whatever I buy outside, I'll be an avid reader of all things V977 and HiSky HCP100S, the rough equivalent that I've narrowed the choice down too.

I probably couldn't go wrong either way - both are very inexpensive and their buyers seem to like them.
Old 11-20-2015, 07:40 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Get the HiSky HCP 100S for outdoor use. It runs on 2S and has power much more similar to an mCPX BL.

I think I've settled on getting the V977 for indoor use this winter. I'm waiting to see what Black Friday sales have to offer.
Heli's that I currently fly: Lynx Oxy3+ {Build In Progress!}, JR Forza 450 {hangar queen}, Blade 180CFX, Blade mCPX BL {work horse}, Blade NanoCPX - Blade Nano QX, Blade NanoQX3D - Phoenix 5.5 - Spektrum DX6 - - HeliFreak is great! -
Canadian_Jesus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2015, 02:17 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Jesus View Post
Get the HiSky HCP 100S for outdoor use. It runs on 2S and has power much more similar to an mCPX BL.

I think I've settled on getting the V977 for indoor use this winter. I'm waiting to see what Black Friday sales have to offer.
Yeah I'm looking at Banggood for the HCP100S: doesn't see to be anyone carrying it in Canada, and even with shipping and duties it'll still be less than what an mCPX BL BNF would run me. Not to mention the much, much cheaper spare parts and lipos I can add on to the same order.

For Black Friday I'll be eyeing the prices on the basic X3 kits and corresponding electronics options. The electronics are the major cost factor - the basic kit itself is already well priced. Haven't found any online stores in Canada that are stocking it in a combo kit form.

Rotor Quest has the Trex 450 Plus DFC at a good price - on sale right now for 20% off. But I don't if I want to go the Trex route. The price is very tempting ($485 CDN), but ... decisions... decisions!

I dropped already this month $500 on the Phoenix and DX6i, plus some needed spare parts for my mSR and mSR X. That doesn't leave a lot of room in the heli budget left for this month.

Anyway, that is well off topic. Thanks for the heads up on how the V977 and HCP100S compare, the HCP100S it'll be - a perfect fit for my small yard. One of the members posted a video in another thread, showing some sport flying in a yard similar in size to mine, and the power definitely looks good for outdoor flying.
Old 11-22-2015, 03:30 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

What is the V977 Swashplate type? The manual omits it ...
vmsda is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2015, 10:21 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

I ordered the XK K110 which appears to be the v977 with Futuba and a much more advanced RTF transmitter. The disc loading on the v977/K110 looks pretty phenomenal.

The "float" factor looks alot like the 130x which is exactly what I'm looking for in a motorized tail micro. And it appears to fly backwards pretty well.

Helitec - V977 3D increíble vuelo acrobático (1 min 12 sec)
ToddMcF2002 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2015, 12:40 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddMcF2002 View Post
I ordered the XK K110 which appears to be the v977 with Futuba and a much more advanced RTF transmitter. The disc loading on the v977/K110 looks pretty phenomenal.

The "float" factor looks alot like the 130x which is exactly what I'm looking for in a motorized tail micro. And it appears to fly backwards pretty well.

Helitec - V977 3D increÃ*ble vuelo acrobático - YouTube
The 130x flys a lot better then the v977 , disc loading is not the same . I have both and can attest to this.
Old 12-04-2015, 04:34 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sorry for the dumb question...

But what is disc loading?

GrassFlyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in