Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Flybarless Helicopter Systems

Flybarless Helicopter Systems CSM Cyclock, Helitronix Multi-mixer, Spartan AP2000i, Firmtronix Digimix-3, Gyrobot, SK360and AC3X

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2013, 06:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default iKon Mumbo Jumbo

Ok so Im considering me still new to heli's. Been at it for almost 9 months, but more heavily the last 2. So I can fly and do big air and a couple of flips 3 stories high. I need to understand the electronic adjustments. My heli may fly like crap to a experienced and good pilot. What is Cyclic and Governor gain and what would I see if they were to Hi or to Low. Im flying a Trex 450, 550 and a new Goblin 770. Im still nervous but getting better and trying new manuvers 3 mistakes high. But when I have a question on why is the heli doing something that I my think is wrong. I get suggestions as the gain may be too high. Id like to understand these gain issues and adjustments better. Could someone please enlighten me or direct me to some info where I could understand better.

Thanks
T.

Goblin 380
Razorback Flyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2013, 08:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I'll give it a shot...

Gain determines how much. In this case how much to adjust servos when an input is given in the control feedback loop. One control input would be a gust of wind as measured by the gyro mems, another would be your stick inputs.

If gain was too low the heli would still drift with the gust and may also feel spongy on the sticks.

If gain was too high it would over adjust and try to correct thus getting into a small oscillation (shakes). It would also tend to shake on hard stops like from piros, flips and rolls.

Now gain is actually 3 variables, PID. This link explains it in detail better than I could, the graphs beside each (PID) show it well IMO though. BTW, overall gain adjusts all 3 values and varies slightly in method depending on the fbl unit.

For some reason I get an error linking to wikipedia....go to wikipedia and search, "PID controller"
AXN FPV

Last edited by Daddy; 08-29-2013 at 08:42 PM.. Reason: error on posting link
Daddy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2013, 12:09 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy View Post
I'll give it a shot...

Gain determines how much. In this case how much to adjust servos when an input is given in the control feedback loop. One control input would be a gust of wind as measured by the gyro mems, another would be your stick inputs.

If gain was too low the heli would still drift with the gust and may also feel spongy on the sticks.

If gain was too high it would over adjust and try to correct thus getting into a small oscillation (shakes). It would also tend to shake on hard stops like from piros, flips and rolls.

Now gain is actually 3 variables, PID. This link explains it in detail better than I could, the graphs beside each (PID) show it well IMO though. BTW, overall gain adjusts all 3 values and varies slightly in method depending on the fbl unit.

For some reason I get an error linking to wikipedia....go to wikipedia and search, "PID controller"
Thanks for that info. I will do a search for it.

Goblin 380
Razorback Flyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2013, 12:30 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I guess the layman word is 'sensitivity'.
ah_liang is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in