Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > ELY.Q - Vision 90

ELY.Q - Vision 90 ELY.Q Vision 90 Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2011, 03:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Hope to get some setup help here

I am trying to get some help setting this heli up. Here's what I have,
First off this is my FIRST fbl Heli
Ely-Q 90.
DS610's all around
CY ATG Gov
3g FBL system
OS91 HZ/ Outrage pipe
Ar6200 Rx
DX7 Transmitter

Again, this is my first fbl sysytem and first time running a gov. I got this heli from a buddy of mine so it has been flown like this before. He is just going to be out of town for a long while. I do not fly 3D, just sport with a few loops and rolls. More like pattern. I would like for everything to be smooth and soft. I have been flying 30/50 size helis for several years and even flew a fb 700.

Please please please someone help me. I can't stand looking at this heli on the shelve. The gov is got me the most confused. The rest seems to be going ok. Everything is working in the right direction anyway. I do have 65% expo dialed in on the ailerons rudder and elevator.

Thanks for all the help in advance......

Jamie
JRAllen is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2011, 04:08 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRAllen View Post
I am trying to get some help setting this heli up. Here's what I have,
First off this is my FIRST fbl Heli
Ely-Q 90.
DS610's all around
CY ATG Gov
3g FBL system
OS91 HZ/ Outrage pipe
Ar6200 Rx
DX7 Transmitter

Again, this is my first fbl sysytem and first time running a gov. I got this heli from a buddy of mine so it has been flown like this before. He is just going to be out of town for a long while. I do not fly 3D, just sport with a few loops and rolls. More like pattern. I would like for everything to be smooth and soft. I have been flying 30/50 size helis for several years and even flew a fb 700.

Please please please someone help me. I can't stand looking at this heli on the shelve. The gov is got me the most confused. The rest seems to be going ok. Everything is working in the right direction anyway. I do have 65% expo dialed in on the ailerons rudder and elevator.

Thanks for all the help in advance......

Jamie
I fly with a Futaba 8fg so I can't really help with your radio set up, but I can tell you that with the 6 channel receiver that you're using you're only going to be able to get one flight condition with your governor. You won't be able to get normal, IU1, and IU2 with a 6 channel receiver.
Old 12-17-2011, 06:28 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadL View Post
I fly with a Futaba 8fg so I can't really help with your radio set up, but I can tell you that with the 6 channel receiver that you're using you're only going to be able to get one flight condition with your governor. You won't be able to get normal, IU1, and IU2 with a 6 channel receiver.
Do I really NEED a gov?
Old 12-18-2011, 06:15 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

OK, I got the heli up into a hoover today. Even with 70%expo it is very touchy.
First off it wanted to drift left, had to ad 5 clicks right and a little backup. and it seemed to be doing ok,(except the touchy part). Then the tail swung around quickly to the left. I think it stopped at the 1/4 turn but I sit it down real fast.

Can someone tell me what might be going on....
Ad more Expo?????

Jamie
Old 12-21-2011, 09:43 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes you def need a gov to get the most out of your heli especially if your not running a regulator that motor will not run consistent.
Sorry to let you know but the 3g system is literally junk.
I tried helping a customer tune his and we were at it for 8 hours and couldnt get it flying good enough to keep it
You will need a seven channel reciever to get 3 diff headspeeds for three different modes, which is needed to figure out where your engine is happy and the fbl system is happy.

Fbl usually requires everything to be done through the fbl unit not the radio.

As far as tuning. before you go adding expo you need to fly it stock and FIRST tune the 3g ( such as drifting, tail wag, ect ect) THEN you add expo

The best advice i can give you is 1.) get rid of the 3g
2.) take it one step at a time when tuning the engine, heli, and the 3g. For example if the tail wags and the sticks are twitchy.....tune out the wag first then deal with the twitchyness

Any other questions feel free to pm me
jgalen0025 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2012, 03:19 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

thats WAY to much expo. I run 20% ail/ele and 40% tail. I need to know you pitch +- and your cyclic +-. You may need to go into software and change your roll rayes or add expo threw there. Im flying the v50 and had a 3g and also had a 3gx right now. One thing to remember this line of helicopters is VERY responsive. Anyway i have been around the 3g's and ely for long time. Im here to help you in anyway possible.

Team Novarossi Motors U.S.A PlanetHobby.com "PushGlo" "SwitchGlo" Byron Fuels 2018
wifeorheli? is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2012, 03:20 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

forgot to say +1 above about the tuning. BUT the 3g is not that bad of a system if setup right. And for the flying you intend to do its perfect first fbl system for you

Team Novarossi Motors U.S.A PlanetHobby.com "PushGlo" "SwitchGlo" Byron Fuels 2018
wifeorheli? is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in