Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > YGE

YGE YGE ESC Support and Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2017, 08:45 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Yge 90hv with capacitor broke

I was looking at my yge 90 last nite when I noticed one of the 2 caps on the front had on side broke lose. Is there anything I can do to fix this.this has been a great esc and I hate to throw it away.On another note my soldering skills are pretty limited..thanks

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
try n to fly 35 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2017, 09:50 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

It's a pretty easy fix to solder on new ones. If your soldering skills are limited it's probably an issue of limited equipment rather than skills. With the right equipment and a bit of knowledge it's an easy job. Now maybe the time to develop all of the above and this is good place to start.

Another option would be checking a place like megas micros that fixes the blade 3 in one boards. I'm sure they would would do a cap replacement on an esc as its an easy fix and they have the tools needed already.
Old 01-16-2017, 10:01 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliLust View Post
It's a pretty easy fix to solder on new ones. If your soldering skills are limited it's probably an issue of limited equipment rather than skills. With the right equipment and a bit of knowledge it's an easy job. Now maybe the time to develop all of the above and this is good place to start.

Another option would be checking a place like megas micros that fixes the blade 3 in one boards. I'm sure they would would do a cap replacement on an esc as its an easy fix and they have the tools needed already.
What tools are required for this job and I will see if I can get them.i would love to learn how to fix these kinds of issues myself. Thanks for ur help

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
try n to fly 35 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2017, 11:40 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well if your just wanting to get your feet wet a 35 watt soldering iron from Walmart does a respectable job especially if you run it off a dimmer switch from a ceiling fan plugged into a standard recepticle. Next you will need some rosin core lead solder Kester 60/40 is nice, leave the silver solder for plumbing. A tub of rosin fluxfrom radio shack is also a must have.

You will also need some desoldering braid, which you can make with very fine copper wire and a bit of the rosin flux. A solder sucker is also a very nice thing to have. Basically expect to spend $50 - $75 on this basic gear and a few odds and ends and it will do 90% of what you need to do all the way down to blade micro boards up to about 10 awg battery wires.

I did a couple very poor YouTube videos on the subject you can ceck out, with the very simple stuff I have there do these jobs with ease. I didn't go into the fan dimmer on it because it was hooked up to my foam cutter at the time. I would be more than happy to talk with you, show some pics and explain this stuff to you, just shoot me a pm.

Excuse the video, that is not one of things I am very good at.

Soldering tools and materials (6 min 15 sec)

Soldering up a battery connector (11 min 38 sec)
Old 01-17-2017, 12:19 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

A couple other things I have thought about that relate to having a soldering iron that you will enjoy. Rebuilding helis is much easier. Heat up the screws prior to taking them out and melt the loctite. With reasonable quality drivers and some heat they nolonger will break and strip out.

I also use mine for welding plastic. Last time it was a hole in the tank of my 700n, but you will need the dimmer for doing plastics so you melt them rather than burn them. Heat shrink is another thing to use an iron for, as long as you hold it away a little it won't leave scorch marks like a lighter will.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in