Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 400

Blade 400 Blade Helicopters (eFlite) 400 Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2012, 12:27 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

I love my T-Rex 450 Pro, but it's a little heavy. The more I fly, the more I'm coming to appreciate a heli with lower disk loading.
Harbormaster is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2012, 12:31 AM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just overcome that by doing the stretch 6s routine and swinging them at 3600. My new one is going 12s with 420s. One of these days my head may explode, but until then..................
Old 03-19-2012, 12:55 AM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvmyhelis View Post
I just overcome that by doing the stretch 6s routine and swinging them at 3600. My new one is going 12s with 420s. One of these days my head may explode, but until then..................
I'd love to see those things. Do you have any video? (Actually, even still would be cool.)
Old 03-19-2012, 06:08 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sure here is the link. Post 172 and 173.
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread...369598&page=18
They are definitely a work in progress. I just tore the Trex shell down late last night and fabbed it to accept a 2600ma 35s 12s pack. It is sporting 420mm blades and ran by an Sk720. So is the B400. Just as soon as I get it reassembled from its new upgraded machined mainshaft bearing supports and cut a new set of grips, I will post it up. I had to install fatter 5x11x5mm ceramics. It is stretched and running a Helihaven prototype raised tail and one off skids I just fabbed up. Both are receiving a 12s implant. I may have to soon go to a belt drive system since I am punishing the Microheli gears now each time I go up.

I mod each of the trex and B400 helis exactly the same (within reason) and run comparitive studies on them to see how they perform. The B400 (not sure I can even call it that) consistantly outperforms its twin trex almost at every turn. Plus posts half the vibes. That may change when I install the new custom fabbed lower 3rd bearing support into the trex and stabilize that weak kneed two bearing main shaft issue.
Old 03-19-2012, 08:34 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Those are cool! You are doing some real design and fabrication work there. I'd love to fly one of those guys. I'll bet you're extra careful not to crash 'em!
Old 03-20-2012, 08:46 AM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well, I do think twice about pulling stupid stuff. But, that is what we do. Lollz.
I haven't piled one up due to my flying skills for quite a while. I have lost a few due to parts failure. I lost one about 300ft up and it came down hard. And another time the B400 lost its microheli main in a full throttle bank coming right at me doing about 45mph at 30ft high. Not much I could do on that one except try and keep it skid down, There wasn't much left but a pile of mangled parts less than 15 feet right in front of me. All the electrics came out fine though. Hard to kill those mksds95 servos.

Who knows, if I flew like you guys maybe I could have saved that one. I still have lots of close calls, but I think the trick is not to panic. You do that and your heli is sure to greet mother earth. One thing though. These stretches fly far more gracefully. But on steroids. Hard to explain, they are easier to control but with those headspeeds they are far more wicked.
Old 03-20-2012, 10:11 AM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I think the trick is not to panic.
+1 to that. Panic is my biggest enemy. I'm getting better about that, though. After you've broken enough helis you get kind of sanguine about the whole crashing thing.

Have you ever thought about talking to someone in China about creating stretch kits for popular helis?
Old 03-20-2012, 10:01 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just had a guy from the embassy in Bankok offer to do this. Problem is that most guys don't develop their helis beyond a few steps beyond factory design. And to get to where I am at, you virtually dissolve all the fairly terrible factory parts along the way. It is just easier to do a build from the ground up. That way you avoid throwing hundreds upon hundreds of dollars in poor spec factory parts or pieces you simply cannot use.

Plus Helihaven here in the states is comprehensively developing a true kit for the 450s that will give guys everything they need to pull this off with his very well designed cutting edge products. I have had the privelege of flight testing them and am beyond impressed. Go to china for the cheaper sub spec stuff, and pay decent money from guys that care for the excellent stuff.
Old 03-20-2012, 11:09 PM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Helihaven here in the states
I did a quick search but didn't see anything. I'm curious.
Old 03-21-2012, 07:15 AM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbormaster View Post
I did a quick search but didn't see anything. I'm curious.
He is refering to me Harbormaster...PM me I'll be glad to answer any questions you might have!
helihaven is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2012, 10:38 AM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by helihaven View Post
He is refering to me Harbormaster...PM me I'll be glad to answer any questions you might have!
I just think that a stretch kit for a 450 (in particular, because there are so many of them out there) is a great idea. Put me on your mailing list, HH!
Old 03-21-2012, 08:40 PM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

Honestly if you want the tightest slop free parts money can buy and need any custom machine work done, Helihaven is your guy. I was talking to him just this week and commented that there is simply no true way of trying to describe how incredible his stuff is. Even some of the things he isn't proud of have saved my goose in the custom B400 build. I just tore my carbonfibre body down just today to install his one off upgrade mainshaft bearing supports in so that it runs with 5x11x5mm ceramics instead of the 5x10x4s we run. Ceramics are nearly impossible to find in that size. He is designing thicker supports than the ones he sent me for his future models.

While I was at it I took the cyclic forward MksDs95 servo out from under the battery location and eliminated all that linkage. I moved it up into the upper body so I could have direct swash linkage connectivity. This also allows me to run the big fat batts without the dual servo arm tagging the pack and makes room for the CC Ice 30HV esc I am mounting in that spot for my 12s setup. Helihaven is in process of custom building bolt in belt drive systems for the 450s and eliminating the main gears entirely.
Very very cool ideas and workmanship. And no more stripped gears!
Old 03-21-2012, 09:01 PM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think Helihaven needs a website!
Old 03-21-2012, 09:19 PM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Honestly if you want the tightest slop free parts money can buy and need any custom machine work done, Helihaven is your guy. I was talking to him just this week and commented that there is simply no true way of trying to describe how incredible his stuff is. Even some of the things he isn't proud of have saved my goose in the custom B400 build. I just tore my carbonfibre body down just today to install his one off upgrade mainshaft bearing supports in so that it runs with 5x11x5mm ceramics instead of the 5x10x4s we run. Ceramics are nearly impossible to find in that size. He is designing thicker supports than the ones he sent me for his future models.

While I was at it I took the cyclic forward MksDs95 servo out from under the battery location and eliminated all that linkage. I moved it up into the upper body so I could have direct swash linkage connectivity. This also allows me to run the big fat batts without the dual servo arm tagging the pack and makes room for the CC Ice 30HV esc I am mounting in that spot for my 12s setup. Helihaven is in process of custom building bolt in belt drive systems for the 450s and eliminating the main gears entirely.
Very very cool ideas and workmanship. And no more stripped gears!
I NEED pics. Don't make it to the B400 forum much anymore, but nonetheless, my blade gets a lot of airtime. It's far from stock now, like yours LMH. Only thing I THOUGHT I had left to do was 6S. But show me the money HEHEE

PS Vid on the first page is labeled private. Sure would love to see it
"Tri-Flow"
I put that S*** on everything!"
banditpowdercoat is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2012, 03:55 PM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by banditpowdercoat View Post
I NEED pics. Don't make it to the B400 forum much anymore, but nonetheless, my blade gets a lot of airtime. It's far from stock now, like yours LMH. Only thing I THOUGHT I had left to do was 6S. But show me the money HEHEE
Here are todays teaser pics. Both the B400 and Trex 450 are being fitted for the 12s mod. I pulled the forward cyclic off, mounted it on the main body head area, and am doubling up the bottom plate so I can mount stacked dual 1300ma 6s packs or building a platform above it so I can mount the batts. . Just like the pic of the trex in progress. I just mounted the trial set of Helihaven enlarged mains and MksDs95. I am pulling out the Ice50, and mounting the Ice30hv in its place. Both should be finished by tonight. Both will also be running separate bec systems ran by 3s 1000ma nano packs velcroed underneath the lower body panels. I already tested them and the canopies fit. Balancing isn't a problem as the raised tail assemblies and longer booms offset the weight almost perfectly. Then the wait for the custom wound 12s scorps to show up. In the meantime I will just run dual 6s packs as 6s and fly until they get here. Helihaven also has a new scorp in process that is headed his way the minute they show up in the mail. Plus pics of the B400 with the 2200ma 6s pack with the V2 tail assembly, new Cf modded skids, and running the 6s 2200ma batt about a month ago were posted in the raised tail has arrived thread. At that time the B was only running 360s. By the end of today I will have moved the forward cyclic servo in more and cut new grips for the 420mm blades.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06482.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	78.6 KB
ID:	301016   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06483.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	301017   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06485.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	301018   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06486.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	301019  
Old 03-22-2012, 06:17 PM   #56 (permalink)

So i would assume the bearing blocks worked for ya bro?
helihaven is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2012, 05:46 PM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

Man, those buggers were a tight fit. And yeah! Not much room inside these cnc cf bodies to fit all this stuff inside. I had to move the Skookum720 away from underneath and move most the stuff around. Took me the better part of two days to cut new panels and do what was needed. Nice work Bro!

I still have to completely fab up a new nose assembly to fit those batts under the canopy the way I want it. But I did cut new grips for a head I fabbed up that I want to try, and the basic body is back together with the new raised tail installed.
So easy to say, yeah, I will just do this this and that. It always turns into a huge huge project.
One of these days I will learn.
Old 06-23-2016, 09:14 AM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have a blade 400 I fly now I'm new to the Hobbie anyway I can view this video
bmore0907 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-05-2016, 01:19 PM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

Bmore, welcome to the hobby, or B400. scroll back up to post #37 I believe for the video. You can it is old recording technology since we are so used to everything being HD, but should give you an idea of what a B400 can do. Not with me flying mine though!

It is a great hobby and lots of help here on HeliFreak. Have fun and safe flying.

Steve

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in