Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mCP X BL

mCP X BL Blade Micro mCP X Brushless

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2013, 12:40 PM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

It's funny how HH is laying low on this. They were very pleased to describe it but Haven't tried to come back in with some help/info for some of our problems.
bradharvy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2013, 09:26 AM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've been a little disappointed in the MCPX BL. After playing around with the nano and the MCPX I've been very happy with those two helis from Blade. While the power is great and the durability is good, the tail wag is problematic.

I'm thinking I may have tuned it right. I'm around +20 on my Dx6i. I just replaced my tail wing with one from KBDD. I will try it again once the weather is better.

WT
Old 02-12-2013, 12:15 PM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by -kenny- View Post
I'm totally fed up with thinkering with these crappy blade micro's. I have it about 24 hours now and the canopy is allready in pieces of crashing due to tailblowouts. Makes not even want to fly my heli's anymore.
Why can't they just sell something that works. I'm not wasting more money on this by buying upgrades.

Sent from my iPad mini using Tapatalk HD
I'm with you man. I hardly ever crash for any reason other than tail blowouts, with any of my helis. Check out what I did on Sunday. Lemon tree outside of my house jumped right out in front of me. Ok, not really. Actually I was doing flips and the crap tail caused me to come out of one of them going a different direction. Glad this wasn't my face.

gabeoravitz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2013, 01:56 PM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Gyro gain adjustment option in Tx

Glad i'm not the only one wow i wouldn't have thought it would do that to a lemon!
The tail blowouts not only are irritating, they're downright dangerous. One crash i was flipping and rolling it tail to the right, in front of me. it blew out causing me to loose control, and it came flying right past my head. Crashed into the street behind me, cracked the canopy and the tailboom. This was on the very first battery. Thanks alot!

Old 02-12-2013, 03:30 PM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am using my JR9503 Tx with this heli (just got it yesterday) and here is what I have for the tail gain. I have Gyro inh and use the gear travel at 65%. However, like all of my friends at the field, we have replaced the stock tail blade with one from the Walkera 4#3B. Gets rid of the wag and tail authority is strong.
Darryl Fujihara is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2013, 07:59 PM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

yes don't get me wrong my tail wags a bit but I'm fine with it. it does not blow out, I just can't seem to adjust it so no big deal. and it holds up fine in funnels and fast foward flight.
Old 02-14-2013, 03:23 AM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Fujihara View Post
I am using my JR9503 Tx with this heli (just got it yesterday) and here is what I have for the tail gain. I have Gyro inh and use the gear travel at 65%. However, like all of my friends at the field, we have replaced the stock tail blade with one from the Walkera 4#3B. Gets rid of the wag and tail authority is strong.
Not a bad idea. I don't mind wag, I just want it to hold solid.
gabeoravitz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2013, 02:45 PM   #68 (permalink)

Default DX8 Setup Walkthrough

Here is a quick visual walkthrough for setup on the DX8. Maybe if enough of us are using it we can figure it out.

http://www.diysoup.com/do-it-yoursel...mcp-x-bl/#gain
C-lyde is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2013, 12:56 AM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

That's exactly how i did it. There's no really noticable change. Maybe a really small one..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-15-2013, 01:24 AM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by -kenny- View Post
That's exactly how i did it. There's no really noticable change. Maybe a really small one..
I think that the main thing for me is that at low gain settings the tail bounces back a bit more and at high settings, up to a point (where I end up setting it to btw), it is less. To me this seems more like a 'Delay' setting (like on our good old tail gyro's) than a 'Gain' setting since the tail is always in heading hold mode and holds very well in fff for just about all settings anyway.

Cheers,
TomC
Now also a FPV addict; Quads and Planes (soon to try heli's!)
TomC is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2013, 05:06 AM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes that's what i noticed too. But i set -100 and 100 and the difference is bearly noticable. The tail still stops way to soft after rudder input. It doesn't wag as long as i dont touch the rudder. But it doesn't hold like it's supposed to either. It's just not good.

Old 02-15-2013, 11:48 AM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

Also, like the mcpx v1, it's a good idea to occassionally twst the tail blades in order to add a little tail blade pitch which seems to help a little bit imho.

Cheers,
TonC
Old 02-15-2013, 12:19 PM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC View Post
Also, like the mcpx v1, it's a good idea to occassionally twst the tail blades in order to add a little tail blade pitch which seems to help a litrle bit imho.

Cheers,
TonC
Old 02-15-2013, 12:52 PM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah i've noticed that too. But mine only has 3 flights on it. It's been hanging on the wall for a week. Don't feel like flying it.

Old 02-16-2013, 01:01 PM   #75 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Tail

What I noticed is if you go too low. I was at 20 and Switch 1 at 35. The 35 seemed to work. But to test it out, I went down to 0 and it went into a total tail spin out. It broke my KBDD tail blade.

So I went back to the stock tail blade and tried some new numbers. At this point I was really convinced I needed to sell this thing. Having also flown my MCPX v2 stock and my Walkera V120D02s V2 with zero problems.

Having now let my MCPX BL cool down, I tried 35 again to see if it still worked and 75 for Ss & grins.

Well imagine my surprise that the 75 almost eliminated all the wag. I don't understand. I had a good breeze out as well. I did not rebind the Heli so I wonder if I needed to do that or if the real number i'm seeing is the 35 from earlier. If I get the chance I'll try it again.

WT
I wonder if I should have just gotten a 130x, I really enjoy the V120 and feel of a slightly larger heli.
Old 02-17-2013, 02:57 AM   #76 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had a 130X but I sold it.
The gears are a constant pain in the ....
The tail setup has serious issues.
Like the ball bearings are very low quality.
The pitch tail slider wears out quickly.

A lot of people have burnt servo's.

I had one of the first batch, so maybe this has something
to do with it?

Im much more happy with the mCPX BL besides the gain issue.
I have tried a walkera tailblade like in a post on HeliFreak somewhere,
but for me it make it much worse.

Grtz.
Olaf
Old 02-17-2013, 03:08 AM   #77 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sad to say, but what good has blade released over the past year or two? Every single heli they release has serious issues. Do they just not care or what? I'm totally done with them. No trust anymore, simply disappointed...

Old 02-17-2013, 03:54 AM   #78 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by OvdP View Post
I Im much more happy with the mCPX BL besides the gain issue.
I have tried a walkera tailblade like in a post on HeliFreak somewhere,
but for me it make it much worse.

Grtz.
Olaf
Just hold/pinch both ends of the stock mcpx-bl tail blades and twist them to increase their pitch. Do this before each flight and I think you will notice a lot less wag. If you do not believe this, try twisting the other way (less tail blade pitch) and you will notice the diff, wags like a happy dog, lol!

Cheers,
TomC
Old 02-17-2013, 08:27 AM   #79 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah I tried both ends of the gyro gain scale and I see no difference. Still wags like a dog.. Not too happy about it.. Will be calling HH and looking for answers.. Unacceptable on a $230 heli. I told myself after the 300X - no more HH helis... But I went and got another because I couldn't resist and I feel I may regret it. If the tail wag was gone, would be a good heli... But who wants to fly a heli who's tail wags uncontrollably? Even if I give it rudder and stop, it bounces all over.. WTF HH?
Old 02-17-2013, 03:32 PM   #80 (permalink)
Registered Users

Larry, have you tried twisting the stock tail blades a bit each time before flying in order to increase their pitch a little. Made a big diff for myself and quite a few local guys.

Cheers,
TomC

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in