Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Gaui Helicopters > NX4

NX4 Discussion and support of the Gaui NX4 Nitro Helicopter

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2014, 09:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default I bought one too

I just lost it today when I came home from work and wanted to go get some stick time, generator, charger, power supply, boxes, cables, batteries, waiting waiting, mosquitos killing me...... That's it I said, DONE !

Went to hobby shop and had to decide between a current trex600 dfc super combo and an nx4. I wasn't entertaining big 700 nitro , I wanted smaller. This is much smaller than a trex 600 but I've never owned a Gaui and I hate dfc head. I really didn't want to spend this money as I spent way too much this year on this junk but oh well.

So.... this seems like the ticket, now I can grab heli on the moments urge, a small bag with fuel, starter and radio off we go.

We took the shrink wrap off at the hobby shop cause we weren't sure if the kit had blades or not just flipped through the owners manual, looks WELL DONE, reminds me of high end Japanese stuff. Looks nothing like an Align book.

Grabbed the OS37 too but still need servos and flybarless, any recommendations on JR or Futaba servos in this bird ? I'm leaning towards another skookum but not sure if the 720bk will work in this vibe environment for the sake of self level. If its a guaranteed cluster for self level I will probably grab a skookum red.

Happy !
jsbach#1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2014, 07:33 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

That is really cool that you have a LHS that keeps a NX4 in stock.

I run JR3717hv servos on my cyclic and throttle. Futabla 257 on the tail with a bec. I have never ran skookum, but it seems like a good option since it has nitro gov as far as I know. I don't think my heli has vibes that would not allow proper function of the FBL unit. The only time that becomes an issues is when the bearings go bad in teh motor. But they are dirt cheap at rcbearings.com.

You will get about 15 flights to a gallon and about 7.5 minutes per flight. I have been doing this for about 5 gallons. So start buying by the case. I keep a 2s 2250 charged in the heli adn a gallon in my trunk. Its a very easy bird to get flight time on. Any field I see, I pull over and am flying in less than a minute. Refuel, go again.

Congrats!
bgymr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-30-2014, 08:42 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ya this hobby shop has been around for 20 years here and he's a bit of a niche side to him always keeps some non mainstream stuff as well as all the common product.

I was more suspect of it being worth buying the high end Skookum which has accelerometers and is capable of self level, gps position hold etc. Since its a primarily a stick time bird and I'm no Ralph at the controls the option to flip a switch and know I'm back to level is a nice one but I hear its hit and miss on nitro.
Old 10-04-2014, 08:39 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

What a little jewel this heli is !!! I'm starting the head now. Until this point everything has been flawless, literally, except one item, that is the gear mesh between the main gear and the pinion gear, I'd like it to be a little tighter but oh well, its not a big problem all things considered.

Every bearing is glass smooth, every part fitment was so exact. I used to think Aligns were good, better than Goblins. This is the new gold standard in my fleet !!! Whats this about an NX7
Old 10-04-2014, 10:34 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Congratulations on the NX4 jsbach#1

I am really enjoying mine. It has quickly become my favorite heli. Anytime its down my first priority is getting it running again.

I have also been very impressed with Gaui quality and design. My entire fleet is now Gaui...lol.

Nice to see more fellow Canadians enjoying the Gaui brand. I am from Hamilton area.
Old 10-15-2014, 08:25 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm running the gaui nx4 gasser, running a skookum 540, and absolutely in love with this Heli! If the skookum can handle vibes from a gasser, I'm sure it'll do just fine with a nitro! I think the pinion to main gear mesh is designed where it's not adjustable... But there could be a minor amount of play that can be worked out when tightening all the bolts... I've also heard they may have another main gear/ pinion combo out to help with running another gear ratio... But that's just something I heard...

And I've seen this bird in person as a nitro version and I must say I was impressed with the capabilities of it! They really did it right when they set up the gearing so it will have plenty of torque without excessive bogging! It does exceptionally well as a gasser too! 18-22 min flight times off of about. $0.30 worth of fuel ... ;-)
Old 10-18-2014, 12:28 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Its fun reading about people buying any cool helis. Nice to have a LHS that has Gaui! I have many RC stores in my city...none carry anything other than cheap micros and Horizon helis.

I have an Ikon on mine. It is great.

Let us know how it goes.
Blade 360 BL 2 Devil 380 Outrage Fusion 50 Gaui X5,NX4,X2 NX4: Savox sh1250, sh 1257, Ikon, Hatori pipe, OS 37 X5: RJX 0521HV X2:MKS DS 95l Spektrum H3020 7200bx Scorpion HSC MCP X BL NCcraig Flashed TA 915 9t.
DarkMatterBlades.com
ifly_65 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in