Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 100 Class Electric Helicopters

100 Class Electric Helicopters 100 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2016, 04:34 PM   #101 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeDad View Post
I bought a set of five batteries off banggood and it came with this cable. I just plug the JST connector into my 18 in 1 cord off my charger. It will charge up to five at once.
18 in 1 cord? Sorry I've never dealt with anything other than 6s lipos so I'm not really familiar with a lot of other things haha.

RCHN Listener Chat (Discord) - https://discord.gg/6SvCccC
corywrx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2016, 06:14 PM   #102 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by corywrx View Post
Does anybody know of an adapter I can use to charge or parallel charge V977 batteries on an icharger 306b?

I've heard bad things about USB chargers overcharging lipos badly.
I prefer to serial charge them because there is zero chance to ruin batteries because you accidentally mixed charged and discharged batteries on the same parallel cable. The parallel cables don't have self-resetting fuses to prevent ruining batteries like the good para-boards do.

Parallel:
http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Wa...y-p-68437.html

Serial (balance):
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Oversky-rc-w...0AAOSws65Tq6Xt
-or-
http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Ba...--p-51891.html
Extreme Air Ninja 3.6 Channel
BirdBarber is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2016, 06:25 PM   #103 (permalink)
Registered Users

I see. Thanks guys! If I chose the para cable, would I just need a JST to banana adapter to plug into the 306b?

Old 08-14-2016, 06:28 PM   #104 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by corywrx View Post
I see. Thanks guys! If I chose the para cable, would I just need a JST to banana adapter to plug into the 306b?
An 18 in 1 or 20 in 1 cord is one that has banana plugs on one end and a myriad of different connectors on the other for all kinds of battery plugs. Pick the one you like. This is the 18 in 1 cord I bought.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
BrokeDad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2016, 06:45 PM   #105 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeDad View Post
An 18 in 1 or 20 in 1 cord is one that has banana plugs on one end and a myriad of different connectors on the other for all kinds of battery plugs. Pick the one you like. This is the 18 in 1 cord I bought.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I see, thanks for all your help!

Old 08-14-2016, 07:06 PM   #106 (permalink)
Registered Users

@corywrx

Also, always double check the polarity when you buy cables with this type of connector. Some off-brand helis use the same connector but with opposite polarity. I think they might be Heli-Max and Nine Eagles Solo Pro.
Old 08-14-2016, 09:31 PM   #107 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdBarber View Post
@corywrx

Also, always double check the polarity when you buy cables with this type of connector. Some off-brand helis use the same connector but with opposite polarity. I think they might be Heli-Max and Nine Eagles Solo Pro.
Good tip, thanks!

Old 08-15-2016, 02:57 AM   #108 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thanks Birdbarber.
The problem I have now is that it's stopped doing it. I hate intermittent faults. Does anyone know where I can find a diagram picture of the control board giving the positions and function of each socket on the board. This will help as I won't have to follow cables through the snakes wedding under the canopy.
Another question: I see on this forum that some people have two v977s so that one is always flyable whilst the other is down awaiting spares. Would a second v977 bind to my first transmitter (WL Toys transmitter that came with the v977) or will I need another Tx as well.

Chris.
Torqueshaft is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-15-2016, 03:36 AM   #109 (permalink)
Registered Users

The second should bind fine with your old radio. Sorry I can't help with the board layout. Maybe BB can. As you can see I always have something flyable or I'd go crazier.
BrokeDad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2016, 12:50 AM   #110 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ta da! I also posted this on the Tips, Mods & Upgrades thread. The image attachment is available in that post.
https://www.helifreak.com/showpost.p...8&postcount=34

Old 08-16-2016, 01:13 AM   #111 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thanks BirdBarber
Just what I needed.
Chris.
Torqueshaft is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2016, 04:57 AM   #112 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default V977

So I ordered a RTF v977 from the "Fleabay" for 79. bux and literally put some AA's in the TX---didn't even charge the Li-po and had my sister in-law record "what-ever happens". The video is not Great but it did actually fly right out the Box ! You don't get much for 79 bux in this hobby but I can already tell this is going to be a Fun little beater.
WLtoys V977 first flight ! (1 min 28 sec)
dougsrc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2016, 08:29 PM   #113 (permalink)
Registered Users

Maiden flight and you take off nose in, I see you like to live dangerously!! lol.

And yeah, they make a great beater heli, they are tough as nails. I try all new stunts on them first before trying them on other helis.
Old 08-28-2016, 03:05 AM   #114 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default nose-in

Funny thing about "Nose-in" BirdBarber" -----I always take-off and land "Nose-in", not because I'm trying to impress but because thats how I used to put the Eco 8 on the ground whilst learning about 20 years ago before I knew better and before Sims----now it's forever burned in my Brain.
Old 09-06-2016, 04:08 AM   #115 (permalink)
Registered Users

This is the toughest but least expensive heli I have ever had-----I've had a few in my day. I put on some yellow after market blades I got with a Mcpx BL---not sure who makes them but they are a little wider and longer and don't seem the effect the temp of the main motor, I hit the ground inverted and it sounded like the main gear stripped out but when I picked it up, it was fine !! What the Heck ! tough LiL Bastard
WL toys V 977 grass cutting and crash--No Damage ! (2 min 30 sec)
Old 10-01-2016, 05:49 PM   #116 (permalink)
Registered Users

I crashed my V977 hundreds of times , finally one of the motor leads broke because it hangs over the edge of the frame and gets pounded in a crash . After fixing the lead i rotated the motor mounting position 90 deg so the wires go over the main board and are protected. I would recommend rotating the motor asap so the leads dont get damaged. Hope this helps
pilotmotor is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2017, 11:30 PM   #117 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just received a new V977 as I needed so many parts to keep my original two flying that a new one (heli only) looked like a better way to go. Only problem is the new one will not bind to my stock transmitter. Is there a secret to getting them to bind? My original V977 still binds fine.
mgrezmer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2017, 12:01 PM   #118 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have accidentally discovered the answer to my question in post #117.

Here is the trick: With the TX off, plug in the heli battery and wait for the heli blinking bind lite to go thru a full sequence of flashes. Then switch on the transmitter, let it go thru the power up sequence and then the heli will bind.

I had another V977 that stopped binding to my TX after having been flown daily for months. I thought the FBL board had failed. Using this sequence of heli on first and then the TX also fixed the second V977.

Sure would be nice to have a decent manual, thanks to everyone for posting U-tube videos and other helpful info. You have been a big help.
mgrezmer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2017, 06:20 AM   #119 (permalink)
Registered Users

Beautiful day for some flying here. 5 packs on my v977, decided to do a video on some piro flip practise. Love this 3d move and want to master it
I wish i did have a better camera though.
Hope you enjoy!

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tiim8zwe2Zs"]WLtoys V977 piro-flip practise - YouTube[/ame]

Jake
jakeaheli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2017, 04:12 PM   #120 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi everyone,

I need some help with the stock radio and v977. I had a v977 that I had beat up pretty good. I decided to buy a new boom and motor. I installed the boom and motor and the heli continues to spin. I doesnt seem to want to lock the tail in. I thought I must have ruined it some other way. So, i bought another new v977 heli. I just got it. I tried to fly it and this new one does the same. The heli wants to spin and the tail doesnt want to lock in. I am now convinced it must be something in the setup on the transmitter. Can someone advise me how to tune this transmitter? And instructions or anything
Thanks,
Jan
---MSH PROTOS EVO 380---
JANtoolMAN is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in