Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Thunder Tiger 60/70/90

Thunder Tiger 60/70/90 Raptor 60/70/90 Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2010, 02:29 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Post Had my first crash with my R90

I'm still in the process to make the perfect settings in my Aurora 9. I'm waiting on my gview to set my governor so i was using a tcurve. I flew few times with that curve set to 1500rpm for nice gentle flight. That day i made a first flight and it went fine. RPM seemed to get very high when i made it come back to me so i lowered the tcurve by 3%.

Second flight: I start it, take off, and i dived down a hill (i was parked up hill) and pull up and i got back the the same height i was then turned the thing toward me to come back but then i decided to just climb very high. This is where things went wrong. The heli was about 100m high and it did'nt went up. I tried to get it closer to me to land but i began to slowly loose altitude. I immediately tried to make an auto but my rpm was already very low and i was'nt high enough to buy back some rpm.

Anyway now the autopsy is done. Before i dismantled everything i thought the crash was due to my rpm getting under 1200-1400 and the engine unable to get it back over 1400rpm. But when i removed the engine (carefully), the clutch liner fell.. quite a bit of it's tickness is gone.

Now is there anyone here who can tell me if the liner is unglued while in flight, can it slip or the clutch press hard enough to keep it there? And in real life i know for a fact that these cheap pistons heli dont have enough power to get back to 100% if they get under something like 95% rpm. Do we have the same problem? My engine is 91sz pumped regulated and i had (snif) rotor tech 710mm cf blades.

For those who want to know: My auto did helped a lot. I only broke the main blades, bent the flybar rod and tail boom (and drive shaft) and the canopy. thats it. the head it straight and all the electronics and servos are fine.

-Raptor 90 3D w/ OS 91SZ w/ pump and regulator, GY611, CY ATGv3, RotorTech 710mm CF,
-Hitec Aurora 9 TX w/ Optima 9 RX
Err0r4o4 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2010, 09:01 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sounds like it came looose/unglued in flight and started slipping, allowing headpseed to fall off. Sometimes they come out in pieces. If you've never changed one, it aint bad at all, there are a couple threads on the process.Glad the crash was not worse!
.........It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets the hose again.........
fixnfly70 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-15-2010, 03:05 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anyone know if i can use other brand of clutch liner as the one for mu R90 3D is back order everywhere.

-Raptor 90 3D w/ OS 91SZ w/ pump and regulator, GY611, CY ATGv3, RotorTech 710mm CF,
Old 08-15-2010, 05:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I would think if you can find say a liner for a trex, and it is the same thickness, legnth, and height, it would work fine, as clutch liner material is about the same from mfg to mfg. If you wanna buy a liner for a t-rex and try it in a rappy clutch bell, it would be a great project....If it fits in the bell and allows the shoe to fit inside correctly and engage/disengage properly - it would work - but that's alot of messin around........Or you can spend the extra $$ for the entire bell assy assy & liner at heliproz -

http://www.heliproz.com/prodinfo.asp?number=101495

If you don't mind spendin 30 bucks for the bell & liner, this is an option.....then when the liner itself is available fix your spare unit up and when you need it next, it'll be ready.....Liners are usually about 8 bucks..
.........It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets the hose again.........
fixnfly70 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-15-2010, 11:07 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

wow i forgot about that web store. They have it in stock! liner only ! i'm so buying there next time i need stuff. Rite now i have items coming from all the main hobby web stores lol.

thank you for that link. i'm in canada and Google with his almighty algorithms give me very strange results when i search for new web hobby stores.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in