Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 300X

300X Blade 300X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2013, 03:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 300x tilting HELP!!

I recently changed stock servos with ds415m and tail with ds425m. I went trough the beast x set up over and over again. Every time I go to take off the heli tilts left or right really hard, very hard to control. I have the bx on the right frequency for the servos. All started when I changed these servos. I've been fighting it for 4 days if anyone has had this happen or knows what's going on, please help.

Thanks
Crazy_Cajun is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2013, 07:09 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

If you have no vibrations then you probably have either the swash sensor directions or your TX reversed.

1. for your TX... with the heli powered up does the swash move as expected when you move the cyclic? swash should move in the same direction you move the stick.

2. for the sensor directions... again powered up (blades not turning of course).... hold the heli in your hands and tilt back/forward/left/right the swash should try to stay level ie: it should move in the opposite direction to which you tilt the heli.

a couple of videos
BeastX Step I-Swashplate-servo directions (2 min 26 sec)

BeastX Step M-Swashplate-sensor direction (1 min 29 sec)

if all that is correct then you probably have a vibration problem
Old 05-26-2013, 08:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I went through this step, my swash doesn't seem to move as much as it should. Thanks for your input. I'll keep trying to mess with it.
Old 05-26-2013, 08:54 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Swash moves in the right detection but seems to move really slow. Right before takeoff my tail starts to wag. I'm going to check for vibes again.
Old 05-27-2013, 01:04 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Update

I switched my esc with a 35a eflite esc also I put my 450 motor on it. Got it to hover but still have a bad tail wag. Will try running it tomorrow. I'll keep updating.
Old 05-27-2013, 01:23 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Glad to hear you're making progress. I hope you sort your tail wag out.
Old 05-29-2013, 09:51 PM   #7 (permalink)
HF Support

I have those same exact servos on my 300X. No tilting issues as my BeastX is properly configured. Of course that kind of thing can also be caused by vibrations in the heli. I can't really say without observing the behavior. However, the tail wag is most likely caused by having your tail gyro gain set too high in the transmitter. The ds425m is just a more efficient servo and so needs less gain to compensate. I have mine set at 41% and could probably go lower than that. (my 450X with the same servo is set to 38%) I believe the gyro gain they recommend for the stock setup is around 54% which would be way too high for the ds425m.
Nelsonisms is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-30-2013, 08:18 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelsonisms View Post
I have those same exact servos on my 300X. No tilting issues as my BeastX is properly configured. Of course that kind of thing can also be caused by vibrations in the heli. I can't really say without observing the behavior. However, the tail wag is most likely caused by having your tail gyro gain set too high in the transmitter. The ds425m is just a more efficient servo and so needs less gain to compensate. I have mine set at 41% and could probably go lower than that. (my 450X with the same servo is set to 38%) I believe the gyro gain they recommend for the stock setup is around 54% which would be way too high for the ds425m.
I changed my esc with one out of my 450 and works great. I didn't realize I had to go that low but when I do the heli just spins out. Just ordered aluminum tail case. Also noticed my tail hub had s slight bend on one side. The ds415m seem really sensitive, what dr&expo are you using?

Also my tail bounces back too much when I stop on a rudd turn. Ds425m is 4x faster than the stock servo. Just curious to see what u have us % on.
Old 05-31-2013, 10:37 AM   #9 (permalink)
HF Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Cajun View Post
I changed my esc with one out of my 450 and works great. I didn't realize I had to go that low but when I do the heli just spins out. Just ordered aluminum tail case. Also noticed my tail hub had s slight bend on one side. The ds415m seem really sensitive, what dr&expo are you using?

Also my tail bounces back too much when I stop on a rudd turn. Ds425m is 4x faster than the stock servo. Just curious to see what u have us % on.
I guess it just goes to show that no two helis are exactly alike. Although I did switch out the ESC as well, I'm not sure it could cause or prevent this kind of behavior. That being said, Horizon's ESCs are known for being a little flaky so who knows...

I find it odd that the heli would spin out at 41% tail gain. I would expect a slow drift if anything. Are you sure you have the tail blades installed and spinning in the right direction? Just checking... my mom always told me there are no stupid questions.

Anyways the scientific way to adjust the tail gain is to slowly lower it until the wag is minimized when hovering and in fast forward flight. Just drop it a few points at a time and re-test.

Stick sensitivity is more of a personal thing based on experience, manual dexterity and how quickly you want the helicopter to roll/flip/piro. I like things to be somewhat responsive, so my dual rates and expo are toward that end. On the 300X I'm currently using +110 DR and +20 EXP on aileron and elevator, +100 DR and +15 EXP on rudder.

I'll also note that there are settings in the BeastX (parameters menu D) that affects tail gain and the bounce back behavior in addition to the settings in the transmitter. I doubt you've changed any of them (and I haven't yet), but this video is probably worth a look if you haven't seen it.

Blade 450 X Setup Tutorial: Parameters Menu Adjustments (10 min 12 sec)
Nelsonisms is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-01-2013, 11:14 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Re: 300x tilting HELP!!

Mine is tilting to the right but some times it doesn't, thresr woodie blades are no dought my issue. Waiting on cf blades,I'm going to balance the stock ones just to make sure it's the problem, I want to enjoy the rest of the weekend with this awesome little heli. It sux when I flip it and it's rolling to the right ,but it makes my skills better at correcting it.

Now I want to say this Is a really nice heli, I'm having a lot of fun with it even more then the bigger helis I had.No fear of crashing and I haven't so far it's a great heli to progress with.

Sent from my VS930 4G using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2
Old 06-01-2013, 12:15 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok reporting back the stock blades were even in center but the tip were off,now no more drifting to right.

Now going back to the park.

Peace

Old 06-02-2013, 01:07 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1Ryder View Post
Mine is tilting to the right but some times it doesn't, thresr woodie blades are no dought my issue. Waiting on cf blades,I'm going to balance the stock ones just to make sure it's the problem, I want to enjoy the rest of the weekend with this awesome little heli. It sux when I flip it and it's rolling to the right ,but it makes my skills better at correcting it.

Now I want to say this Is a really nice heli, I'm having a lot of fun with it even more then the bigger helis I had.No fear of crashing and I haven't so far it's a great heli to progress with.

My 300x started rolling right due to motor vibration. Spooled up with the main blades removed and the vibration was so strong holding it by the frame hurt my fingers. Loctite between the motor shaft and bearing inner races had broken loose. Re-loctited and it is flyable again, but still vibrates like mad. Motor is probably getting replaced this week.
Tim Wolff is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-02-2013, 01:38 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Wolff View Post
My 300x started rolling right due to motor vibration. Spooled up with the main blades removed and the vibration was so strong holding it by the frame hurt my fingers. Loctite between the motor shaft and bearing inner races had broken loose. Re-loctited and it is flyable again, but still vibrates like mad. Motor is probably getting replaced this week.
Dude put a scorpion in it

Old 06-02-2013, 04:41 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 300x tilting HELP!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Cajun View Post
I recently changed stock servos with ds415m and tail with ds425m. I went trough the beast x set up over and over again. Every time I go to take off the heli tilts left or right really hard, very hard to control. I have the bx on the right frequency for the servos. All started when I changed these servos. I've been fighting it for 4 days if anyone has had this happen or knows what's going on, please help.

Thanks
I stupidly set my txer to 120deg swash and noticed on idle up the 300x would pitch to the right , corrected the error and is flying sweet.
Kieranar is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2013, 11:16 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Changed my servos to savöx and changed esc to 45 amp, bird is better than ever.
Old 06-10-2013, 10:50 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am running the same align servos, but have been running them with no problems for several flights. Then I crashed......

Upon rebuild, I spool up the heli without main blades and the swash spontaneously turs to the right.

Check out the video (450x) NO clue???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnPo4...ature=youtu.be
CP Newbie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2013, 04:17 AM   #17 (permalink)
formerly koi-fish

I had this issue the other day, my goofy butt had the mains too tight. Flies great now
/ 180cfx, 300x, X3,X4-II, Protos 380, Chase 360, x5, Logo 480, Gob 380, Gob 500, Gob 570, Warp 360, 450x, forza 450/450ex, T-Rex 600 Dom, Logo 600, DX9, 1973 Ford f100, Traxxas Summit/Bronco/Bandit/X-Maxx

"Everyone wanted his soul, all he gave them was a smile" - Steve Marriott
Diogenes is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2013, 08:33 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

My main blades are off in the video
Old 06-11-2013, 09:51 AM   #19 (permalink)
formerly koi-fish

Ah, was working at the time and vids are blocked in the VPN to save bandwidth
/ 180cfx, 300x, X3,X4-II, Protos 380, Chase 360, x5, Logo 480, Gob 380, Gob 500, Gob 570, Warp 360, 450x, forza 450/450ex, T-Rex 600 Dom, Logo 600, DX9, 1973 Ford f100, Traxxas Summit/Bronco/Bandit/X-Maxx

"Everyone wanted his soul, all he gave them was a smile" - Steve Marriott
Diogenes is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2013, 02:37 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Took the tail blades off and it spooled up super smooth. No swash jerking to the right.

Tail shaft is definitely no bent. I am going to grab some new stock tail blades and see if that does the trick.

If not, it's something else and the blades are making it worse.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in