Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 300X

300X Blade 300X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2014, 08:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Vbar settings for 300x?

Anyone flying vbar? Or know where there are some settings posted for the 300x?

Cheers
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2014, 10:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm putting a mini Vbar on a new CFX so I too will be interested to see someone chime in on this matter.
vtown nick is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2014, 06:24 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

The funny thing is, the only time I ever had the 300x flying well was with the vbar. I moved it to another heli and forgot what the settings were. And can't find the file for the life of me.
Old 08-22-2014, 09:14 AM   #4 (permalink)
HF Support

The good thing about VBar is that you shouldn't have to tune too much. All the one's I've set up have been pretty straight forward. Maybe a little trial and error tuning on the cyclic and tail gains but that's about it. The only headache I recall is in determining which servos to select since their menu is kind of cryptic. I've never done it on a 300 though. But I agree, once you've flown a VBar the BeastX feels a little clunky. I'm sure you'll get it sorted out. If you've done it once you can certainly do it again.
Nelsonisms is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-25-2014, 01:22 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm using a vbar. You won't want my file as there are lots of calibrated settings in there.

Here are my main settings which might make a starting point for you (all advanced parameters were left at default):

Main rotor:
Style 72, Agility 90, Gyro Gain 72

Tail rotor:
Yaw rate 90, Gyro Gain 45

I have Active Bank Selection set to Aux->Gyro Gain to allow me to fine tune the tail gain in flight by tweaking a dial on my Taranis TX
stevebaker is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2014, 10:54 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevebaker View Post
I'm using a vbar. You won't want my file as there are lots of calibrated settings in there.

Here are my main settings which might make a starting point for you (all advanced parameters were left at default):

Main rotor:
Style 72, Agility 90, Gyro Gain 72

Tail rotor:
Yaw rate 90, Gyro Gain 45

I have Active Bank Selection set to Aux->Gyro Gain to allow me to fine tune the tail gain in flight by tweaking a dial on my Taranis TX

I put this on a cfx and ended up going with 82% tail gain- enabled the optimizer wih microheli tail option as well and did some hard piro stops then turned optimizer off. Did optimizer for cyclic then set cyclic and tail speeds to 115% it's really locked in and flips great. One of the easiest gyros I've set up yet! This one is running v5.3 pro
Old 08-28-2014, 09:04 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Awesome, can't wait to try it out. It will be nice to have a small heli that actually flys well again.
Old 08-28-2014, 11:00 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hexperience View Post
Awesome, can't wait to try it out. It will be nice to have a small heli that actually flys well again.
My iKON feels better to me and is way more tune able than the vbar but that is a whole other debate haha

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in