Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Flight Stabilization

Flight Stabilization Flight Stabilization

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2013, 07:34 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Flymentor query

Hi,
just got a flymentor and having a couple of problems.I managed to get the head reacting the way it should after much fiddling and swearing.
I have had to mount the flymentor gyro upside down with arrow facing towards the front the same as the ccd sensor,but my tail does not counter properly and there is no switch to reverse it.I am using the program box and cannot(possibly in my haste)find any way to reverse it.
Also,I have read that to level your swash to turn down balance sense to 000 to switch flymentor off and get a red led,but that doesn`t happen with mine.

I have this fitted on a 450 clone and am using a ZD T7AH-2400 7 channel tx rx which is very similar to the dx7.
Thanks
ukmike99 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2013, 10:09 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

The reason you can't turn FM off is probably because you have the blue wire plugged in to the RX thus rendering the internal software balance gain inoperable. So either turn FM off via the radio or unplug the blue wire.

The tail controls are in the servo menu 'Tail Servo' nor/rev and the control menu as 'Yaw' nor/rev, one controls the gyro correction direction and the other the rudder control direction.

Also possibly by swapping port 2&3 on FM you can restore the gyro the right way up position but you will have to re-do the setup, this is not critical though.

Last edited by pril250; 03-13-2013 at 11:41 AM..
pril250 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2013, 12:01 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Would be interested to know why you had to turn the gyro upside down. Have you read the sticky at the top of the section.
Ivor Hill is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2013, 03:20 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Blue wire was plugged in and now I have disconnected and can switch it of to level swash.Also found out how to reverse tail so thats ok.
I mounted the gyro at the tail end and couldn`t put it on top of the boom.Thinking about it,is there anyreason it could not be mounted at the front the right way up.
I am going through the sticky now
Old 03-13-2013, 05:12 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

You can mountit any where you like. I often fix then under the heli just in front of the rear skid, the right way up. I just stick the pad to the lid of the gyro not the bottom.
Ivor Hill is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2013, 05:17 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

You can mount it on the front if a flat surface is available, I have done on a Trex600. Be sure to have good vibration insulation especially if mounted in close vicinity to the motor. I use gel pad secured with velcro strap.
pril250 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2013, 06:00 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivor Hill View Post
You can mountit any where you like. I often fix then under the heli just in front of the rear skid, the right way up. I just stick the pad to the lid of the gyro not the bottom.
Now why didn`t I think of that.There are no pots your switches you need to access.Doh

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in