Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Other Makes and Models Helicopters > Dragonus

Dragonus Dragonus Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2011, 12:38 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Mine are both FBL now

Hey guys,

Pretty dead in here lately. I converted my Pro a few months back with an RJX head and BeastX. The Elite just got done yesterday with a micro rondo and RJX head.

I only had time for three flights before I lost day light but have it flying OK. I'm having some wierd bobbling on the down part of pitch pumps and a vague wandering hover, I suspected it was the Rondo at first but I think it might be the cheap generic CF blades. They are very light and have quite a bit of lead. The MS Compsit blades on the Pro are about ~5g heavier and hang very nuetral. so I'm going to try the MS blades on the Elite and see if it dosen't help.

I also added three layers of trim tape to the leading edge of the generic blades to try and get them to hang a bit more nuetral. They do, fingers crossed that they will fly better now.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC05937.1.jpg
Views:	320
Size:	134.0 KB
ID:	256009  
buzzsaw 46 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2011, 03:02 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzsaw 46 View Post
Hey guys,

Pretty dead in here lately. I converted my Pro a few months back with an RJX head and BeastX. The Elite just got done yesterday with a micro rondo and RJX head.

I only had time for three flights before I lost day light but have it flying OK. I'm having some wierd bobbling on the down part of pitch pumps and a vague wandering hover, I suspected it was the Rondo at first but I think it might be the cheap generic CF blades. They are very light and have quite a bit of lead. The MS Compsit blades on the Pro are about ~5g heavier and hang very nuetral. so I'm going to try the MS blades on the Elite and see if it dosen't help.

I also added three layers of trim tape to the leading edge of the generic blades to try and get them to hang a bit more nuetral. They do, fingers crossed that they will fly better now.
Nice looking birds! Is the RJX head this one, P/N: EDN-1199U for the T-Rex 450 from Helidirect?

http://helidirect.com/rjx-flybarless..._928_1818.hdx?

Are there any other parts you need to have to use this head and create an FBL Dragonus?

Thanks.
krimo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-30-2011, 03:11 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=11795 This is the head I'm using. I also had to use T-rex links as the head is lower profile.
Old 09-30-2011, 10:32 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=11795 This is the head I'm using. I also had to use T-rex links as the head is lower profile.
Thanks buzzsaw, that part is a lot less costly than the helidirect part. The silver framed Dragonus looks really cool, did you purchase it direct from RC'er?
Old 09-30-2011, 10:46 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Your welcome.

The silver frame does have some bling factor. I bought that one built but never completed or flown from a guy in NY. The carbon framed Pro is the nicer heli but just doesnt POP like the Elite. I bought the Pro kit when they were first released in the US at the end of '06.
Old 10-02-2011, 12:15 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Your welcome.

The silver frame does have some bling factor. I bought that one built but never completed or flown from a guy in NY. The carbon framed Pro is the nicer heli but just doesnt POP like the Elite. I bought the Pro kit when they were first released in the US at the end of '06.
Is the Elite frame thicker than the 450 Plus frame? Can you get the Elite or Pro from anywhere other than RC'er? I had an opportunity a few months ago to purchase an Elite but I was broke so I couldn't get it.
Old 10-02-2011, 05:24 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I'm no sure if Hobby People have the frame sides for either Elite or Pro. They are the same thickness so if you find the sides in stock they will mount to you kit no problem.

I just got another head from Hobbking the one I linked and it came with the swash links this time.
Old 03-05-2012, 03:38 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

other than the head, what do you need to make the dragonus flybarless? (i.e. controller??)

Thanks
Arbo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2012, 07:34 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Ya, my Pro has a beastX and the Elite has a micro Rondo. Both work good and both have pros and cons.
Old 03-07-2012, 09:40 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

thanks i will look into those

the thought of a less complicated head makes the switch sound like a good idea
Old 03-09-2012, 12:40 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

For Rondo http://www.rchelicanada.com/batterie...m/prod_28.html

For BeastX, spektrum TX http://www.ampdraw.com/product/29368...Control-System
Old 03-09-2012, 11:11 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

well, I put the head you use on my watch list as its not in stock.
Old 03-10-2012, 01:05 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hope it comes back in to stock quickly for you.
Old 03-10-2012, 08:34 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah, hopefully they are not out of stock too long.

Hey, I read somewhere that normal align 450 shafts are the same as the dragonus shaft, is that correct?
Old 03-10-2012, 03:39 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

That I dont know. I might have to get one at some point, but I still have a few packs of stock shafts to use up.
Old 03-13-2012, 11:10 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
Yeah, hopefully they are not out of stock too long.

Hey, I read somewhere that normal align 450 shafts are the same as the dragonus shaft, is that correct?

Well they are the same diameter but the holes are in the wrong place, so if you can drill that small of a hole in the trex shafts then yes they are the same, good luck.
Tom
DeadTom is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2012, 05:25 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am waffling on even putting this one together and in the air. Just seems the lack of parts and such, and when will they run out completely, it might just be better to put money into a different 450 sized heli.
Old 03-13-2012, 05:32 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Cant say I blame you, I have thought about getting a mini Protos since they came out, but I have a nice stock pile of parts and dont crash much so I just keep flying my DII's.
Old 03-14-2012, 10:22 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
I am waffling on even putting this one together and in the air. Just seems the lack of parts and such, and when will they run out completely, it might just be better to put money into a different 450 sized heli.
Well don't let that stop you, there are plenty of parts as long as you order from HobbyPeople.net or from Rcer.com. Rcer.com is in Hong Kong and the shipping is the killer, but HP usually has everything including the carbon and aluminum parts. They only carry the basic kit and not the Elite or Pro.
Put it together and fly it you won't regret it....unless you crash and have to order parts. I, like Buzzsaw, have a nice stock pile of parts and a spare basic kit, just in case
Tom
DeadTom is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2012, 10:46 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Right now the problem is finding a new main shaft. RCer has them, but I am not willing to wait the month+ for some shafts (which seems to be how slow ordering from there is from what I have read).

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in