Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > For Sale Forums – KNOW your buyer/seller ratings! No Price bashing. NO FIREARMS > Stolen, Ripoffs and Scammer alerts

Stolen, Ripoffs and Scammer alerts Post your theft, scammed, ripped off reports here

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2015, 09:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Delandrcman or Neal the ace?

Purchased a Cell 500 and a Hyperion motor. $390 worth of heli items.
Both these guys have stopped takiIng PM's, there PayPal gmail account bfontaine12@gmail.com have vanished.
Have no way to contact them to find out if they actually shipped the items. My guess is I just got screwed. Anyone have dealings with these guys. There feedback comes up positive. Seems like there is a ring of guys selling stuff for each other. Seems pretty fishy.
dhc8guru is offline        Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2015, 09:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't have any dealings with him (delandrcman), but he posts regularly on Instagram, and lists the same name you did. My guess/hope is there's a legitimate reason he hasn't responded to your messages.
Old 02-15-2015, 09:59 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Its not that they are not responding, both are blocking PM's so I can't even inquire what the status is of my purchase.
Old 02-15-2015, 10:07 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm not aware of an "opt out" option for PM's, but they will stop accepting automatically when the capacity limit is reached; do you get an auto-response message indicating either way?
Old 02-15-2015, 10:14 PM   #5 (permalink)

You have started down the path of further vetting a seller.

Other instances you can find while reviewing posts in their threads, these from neal the ace:

This is the link to the post, click the upper right hand link to view the entire thread.
https://www.helifreak.com/showpost.p...03&postcount=4

https://www.helifreak.com/showpost.p...92&postcount=1

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread...66#post6182266

You can look at their ratings but it also makes sense to look at their posts. Those posts tell much more of the story. Read through a few and determine if the exchanges are of those you would expect from someone you are buying from.

https://www.helifreak.com/member.php?u=196067

You can see that part of deal's about in his User CP, lists a company that advertises on the web using a web site as well as facebook, ink361, instagram, iphonogram.
Is he part of the company? Why is it in his sig, and so on...

The User CP is open to the members to do research on the sellers, if so inclined to look beyond the ratings.
TowPilot is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2015, 10:39 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm an idiot. Not being experienced with PayPal, I didn't realize that sending money to friends or family was the same as a gift. If nothing else, I will file complaint to PayPal for him selling items and taking payment via gift. I will wait though and give him chance to send me the items. For all I know he's legit.
Old 02-15-2015, 10:43 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidpad View Post
I'm not aware of an "opt out" option for PM's, but they will stop accepting automatically when the capacity limit is reached; do you get an auto-response message indicating either way?
Items are not always located in places that are intuitive.
Such is the way of software, not just on the boards but in all applications

Last edited by TowPilot; 05-06-2019 at 09:57 PM..
Old 02-15-2015, 10:49 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhc8guru View Post
I'm an idiot. Not being experienced with PayPal, I didn't realize that sending money to friends or family was the same as a gift. If nothing else, I will file complaint to PayPal for him selling items and taking payment via gift. I will wait though and give him chance to send me the items. For all I know he's legit.
To help regarding PP and Gift option, a Sticky was placed at the top of each FS forum, 2010.

If they complete your sale, this does not make them 100% reliable.

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=256356
Old 02-15-2015, 10:59 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by TowPilot View Post
Items are not always located in places that are intuitive.
Such is the way of software, not just on the boards but in all applications
Thanks.... Learned something new
Old 02-16-2015, 10:58 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

I bought a set of servos from him on the 30th and he did provide a tracking number. I should receive the servos by Wednesday or Thursday this week from what the tracking is indicating.

He did ask me to pay as a gift and I told him I wouldn't do it! Truthfully I always told myself If the gift option came up in the conversation I should just look somewhere else. Broke my own rule this time.

I cant at this time say good or bad because I dont know whats in the box yet. I hope its positive because I have a bad feeling that there isnt going to be anything left in his Paypal account! I will report back once I receive the package!

Update - Feb 17/2015 - The servos arrived today and I tested all 3. All servos have been tested with no problems to report.

I hope the other people who posted in here with issues from the seller get it resolved in a positive way.

Cheers,
Fluffly

Last edited by Lumpy427; 02-17-2015 at 09:58 PM..
Lumpy427 is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2015, 04:15 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default delandrcman

He refunded my money and he explianed his situation in detail to me which l do believe is very true. He had a death in his family and had to go out of town.He is a sponsored pilot so l am sure he would not do anything that would put his sponsorship in jepordy he has done everthing that he has told me so l beleive he is a man of his word.I hope everyhing works out and his name is cleared
Mike Zubik is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2015, 06:51 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default This whole thred seems like way to many problems with several folks

Gotta admit...I did not go thru every post these two (same guy?) put up, but a sponsored pilot would know better than......

to use two user names....

Would know you cant leave people hanging on a sale without some flak....

Would not block pm's....

Would not ask for "gift" payment.

Just saying.....to many things wrong. Things happen in life, no doubt, but all these things add up to some one who is either fairly stupid, or not honest.

I really hope these deals work out for you, and you can either get money back or the product.
sconel is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2015, 10:18 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

I would further investigate to see if he's really a team pilot.... A lot of people b/s that type of stuff
Old 02-18-2015, 12:49 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidpad View Post
You can block an indivudual, which will block any communication from that person I believe.

Lynx Team Pilot
Pitch-Itch is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2015, 06:56 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Update: Neal did contact me yesterday and said he was shipping it and was delayed because the post office was closed but would get it sent and get me a tracking number. Still today no word from him. I
Also another person claiming to be his sponser contacted me inquiring if Neal had contacted me with an update

I do understand people are busy in there lives and can't always get something shipped immediately but I would think after nine days they could get it done.
After all this I don't have a lot of faith in seeing the items anytime soon, if at all. But I'll play along.
Old 02-18-2015, 07:49 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just my $.02 but these are two separate guys, I have flown with them both.

I have purchased multiple items from Neal the Ace with no problems or regrets.

IMO a great guy!
Drivelayer is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2015, 12:50 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Idk if I dodged a bullet, but I did work a deal with neal the ace on a set of Torq mini cyclics. He asked for PP as a gift and I declined. He did complain a bit about shipping and fees but accepted my offer. here is his msg asking for the gift.

I did receive the servo's and I'm very happy with them thus far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neal the ace
hey man , I'll do that for you bro, no worries at all
If it's ok with you can you PayPal me as a gift? I have 100% feedback here and on Rc groups as well
I'm also a sponsored pilot so I can assure you they will be too your standards ..that would help me out as well because I don't have too pay fees

lmk thanks man
Neal
jbaum81 is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2015, 10:04 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

When someone asks for PP as a gift.....RUN.

That is an excellent indicator that they intend to scam you since you have no recourse at all to getting your money back if you have to file a claim.

Dogs come when called. Cats take a message and get back to you later.
Cailid is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2015, 10:28 AM   #19 (permalink)

My HF Map location

I wonder if his sponsors know what he is doing? How many helpful posts has he made here. All he is doing is using HF to make money and breaking the PP Terms of use. He and his "buddy using his account" which is completely against our rules need to take it somewhere else.

If any of you get a PM or see posts from another clone of his report them. If any of you know who his sponsor is, please let me know by PM.
Old 02-26-2015, 07:01 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbaum81 View Post
Idk if I dodged a bullet, but I did work a deal with neal the ace on a set of Torq mini cyclics. He asked for PP as a gift and I declined. He did complain a bit about shipping and fees but accepted my offer. here is his msg asking for the gift.

I did receive the servo's and I'm very happy with them thus far.
Asking for PP as a gift is a breach of integrity and a first flag.

A portion of his sales did not go cleanly.
These are just the few I saw.
There are likely more that occurred in PM.

That is evident in a couple threads, unhappy buyers.

That he avoided a hit on the feedback, is not a 100% indicator of perfection as a seller.

https://www.helifreak.com/showpost.p...03&postcount=4

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread...82#post6343182

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=663602
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in