Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 500 Class Electric Helicopters

500 Class Electric Helicopters 500 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2010, 05:56 PM   #181 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by celm View Post
so dont go with that battery then?
u think that is to much for the 500 heli?

no i dont think it would be but i cant say for sure but the 500 has plenty ofpower, lighter batterys would be good for 3D flying but if the 3300 i have actually weigh what the site claims 10 more grams or so probably wont hurt. if you have a stock canopy you may need to the trey mod or get a bigger fusuno 500 EX canopy to get it to fit, that is a large size battery

i am really interested to get the 3300 turnety nano tech batterys but those will halve to wait till next season, no point in getting them right before winter and having them set all winter...

are you shure the blue lipos are good quality ?? i have never heard any one talking about them

Blade 180 CFX, Sold the rest of my stuff, I dont really fly all that often any more.
dannylightning is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2010, 06:01 PM   #182 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannylightning View Post
no i dont think it would be but i cant say for sure but the 500 has plenty ofpower, lighter batterys would be good for 3D flying but if the 3300 i have actually weigh what the site claims 10 more grams or so probably wont hurt. if you have a stock canopy you may need to the trey mod or get a bigger fusuno 500 EX canopy to get it to fit, that is a large size battery

i am really interested to get the 3300 turnety nano tech batterys but those will halve to wait till next season, no point in getting them right before winter and having them set all winter...

are you shure the blue lipos are good quality ?? i have never heard any one talking about them
danny
im not into 3d at the moment,i just want to so some nice sport flying
celm is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2010, 06:52 PM   #183 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by celm View Post
danny
im not into 3d at the moment,i just want to so some nice sport flying
i am just saying it will handle a heavy battery unless you care about 3D than i would not worry too much about the weight unless it is really heavy and that does not look to be that much heavier than the battery's most of us use..., i am getting 5 min with some juice left over on a 2700 thunder power and probably cold go one more min, when the 5 min timer goes of i am in no hurry to get back and land, and my 3300's can probably go longer but i just keep my timer set at 5 min..

the worst part about a heavey battery is you loose some preformance but if you not flying 3D like i said i dont think it is too heavy but i cant say for sure, if that was the battery i wanted i would get it and not worry about the weight unless it was crazy heavy.. i saw some people were using 3600 mah batterys on the 500 and i am sure those are really heavey...

Blade 180 CFX, Sold the rest of my stuff, I dont really fly all that often any more.
Old 10-19-2010, 09:41 PM   #184 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just ordered a pair of the Turnigy 3300 Nano-tech's from HK. We'll see how they are.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=11925
Frequentyflyer77 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-24-2010, 07:42 PM   #185 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Turnigy nano 3300s

We have 4 of these in the Trex 500. They fit fine with the new ESP frames + stock canopy. Fly very well with 5min+ of 3D. An expert level 3D pilot friend flew them and felt they were a bit heavy for him as his stops were not as 'crisp' - he prefers 2500-2600 but we couldnt really tell the difference :-)
mmgaero is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-25-2010, 07:45 AM   #186 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

MMGAERO,

So you didn't have to mod your frame at all to use the NanoTech 3300's? I'm planning to buy a 500 this winter, and don't do 3D flying yet, just sport flying.. Looking for a battery that will give me 6-7 minutes of sport flying.. Will these Nano's do that? Thanks!

GD
Geardaddy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-25-2010, 09:08 AM   #187 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geardaddy View Post
MMGAERO,

So you didn't have to mod your frame at all to use the NanoTech 3300's? I'm planning to buy a 500 this winter, and don't do 3D flying yet, just sport flying.. Looking for a battery that will give me 6-7 minutes of sport flying.. Will these Nano's do that? Thanks!

GD
i think the nano techs would fit if the dimensions are correct on the web site; my 3k are bigger all the way around compared to what they say the nanotechs are, i have the old style frame and i halve to mount them down the battery tray a bit to use a stock canopy, if you get a ex canopy you have a lot more room.

so i guess its going to depend on if you get the new or old frame and if the dimentions are the same as they state on the HK website. i am curious if the dimentions are correct, i think the 3600 would fit according to the hk website.

Old 10-25-2010, 09:17 AM   #188 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I had planned on getting a few 3K's for the 500, but the Nano's are really the same price, with 300mAh more capacity, and a higher discharge/charge rating.. The bummer is that it doesn't look like the USA warehouse stocks the Nano's yet.. so, they will run 30-40 more for shipping..
Geardaddy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-28-2010, 08:58 AM   #189 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geardaddy View Post
I had planned on getting a few 3K's for the 500, but the Nano's are really the same price, with 300mAh more capacity, and a higher discharge/charge rating.. The bummer is that it doesn't look like the USA warehouse stocks the Nano's yet.. so, they will run 30-40 more for shipping..
i am hoping that they have them by next season, the shipping price sucks from hong kong, the season is almost over here so no need for more batterys yet. but i do want to get 2 or 3 more next spring and i really want to try the nano's

Old 10-28-2010, 09:55 AM   #190 (permalink)
Registered Users

i bought this lipo
http://www.hobbypartz.com/83p-3300mah-6s1p-222-30c.html
Capacity: 3300mAh
Voltage: 6S1P / 6 Cell / 22.2v
Discharge: 30C Constant / 30-60C Burst
Weight: 495g (including wire, plug & shrink wrap) ** this is incorrect its 506g**
Dimensions: 134x45x45mm

its lighter then my turnigy 3000 mah lipo
Old 10-30-2010, 08:46 PM   #191 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have 4 blue lipos, all 3300 30c. Two weigh 575g and 2 weigh 505g. They where bought at different times, the lighter ones are the last two I got
They only get warm no matter what TC I run and I go 6.5 min and still have 3.75VPC and at 57 bucks you cant beat them.
No problem with COG
Quote:

bad007 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2010, 09:21 PM   #192 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad007 View Post
I have 4 blue lipos, all 3300 30c. Two weigh 575g and 2 weigh 505g. They where bought at different times, the lighter ones are the last two I got
They only get warm no matter what TC I run and I go 6.5 min and still have 3.75VPC and at 57 bucks you cant beat them.
No problem with COG
those are rge same lipos i bought for my 500,i havent tried them yet.im glad someone gave a small review on them
Old 10-30-2010, 09:32 PM   #193 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
i am hoping that they have them by next season, the shipping price sucks from hong kong, the season is almost over here so no need for more batterys yet. but i do want to get 2 or 3 more next spring and i really want to try the nano's
I ordered two from HK. Shipping was about $28, but it was darn fast (less than a week). So now I've got an Align 2500mah 25c, an Outrage XP 2500 25c and two of the Nano 3300's. The Nano's put out significantly more punch than the other two batteries and I'm getting close to 10 minutes flight time with them and they're barely warm after a flight whereas my Align and Outrage get darn warm after 6 minutes. I've got an older CF with no frame mods, but have a Fusuno canopy. They fit with room to spare. I will get two more of these if they come to the US.
Frequentyflyer77 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2010, 09:40 PM   #194 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frequentyflyer77 View Post
I ordered two from HK. Shipping was about $28, but it was darn fast (less than a week). So now I've got an Align 2500mah 25c, an Outrage XP 2500 25c and two of the Nano 3300's. The Nano's put out significantly more punch than the other two batteries and I'm getting close to 10 minutes flight time with them and they're barely warm after a flight whereas my Align and Outrage get darn warm after 6 minutes. I've got an older CF with no frame mods, but have a Fusuno canopy. They fit with room to spare. I will get two more of these if they come to the US.
they sound great, ill definately pick some up in a few months, i hope they come to the usa as well.

Old 11-19-2010, 05:29 AM   #195 (permalink)
Registered Users

i want to ask about esc volt satting. normally use 5.5.is it can set to 6 volt using DS 510.
mohd sani is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2010, 10:16 AM   #196 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohd sani View Post
i want to ask about esc volt satting. normally use 5.5.is it can set to 6 volt using DS 510.
are you asking if you 510's can handle 6v or do you want to know if your ESC can pump out 6V if it is number one the 510's are rated for 4.8-6V if it is number 2 what kind of esc do you have.

Old 11-19-2010, 08:01 PM   #197 (permalink)
Registered Users

I was going to order the nanos too from HK and at checkout I got this:

Due to international air safety regulations, parcels with a total battery capacity of more than 3500mAh cannot be sent via 'Air Parcel'.
Please select Air Mail, EMS Express, UPS, DPD, or DHL where available.

You can reduce the lipo capacity ordered, or order from one of HobbyKings US, EU or AU warehouses without limitation.

Wondering how can I do this? I thought they are routing the orders internally, but went through the site and could not find a way to force them ship from the US. Or is it just a regular ammbo-jumbo and these are not available from the US warehouse and if so, how'd I know that?
I am a Heli-Coholic! Citizen #207
PRÔTOS Max v2 PRÔTOS 380 Speed Goblin 380 Blade 180CFX
MKS KDE MSH Brain
Tomy. is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2010, 08:29 PM   #198 (permalink)
Registered Users

i use these and i like them alot
Old 11-27-2010, 02:13 PM   #199 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnity3632 View Post
Back to the packs.... Guys I got a set of Hyperion 6S VX 2950s and they Rock. I have tried the HC stuff, Turnigy, FF and so far these seem to be the best IMO. I puffed the HC stuff and went with Hyperions and TP 45C and they are too close to call. They maintain power better than anything I have tried.
How's your cg? What tail servo?
504Rone is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2010, 11:54 PM   #200 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default nanotec 3300s

sorry for the tardy reply. Yes the nanotec 3300s fit fine with stock canopy BUT you need the NEW ESP frameset that has a lower battery tray. If you have the older frames you can cut them down to match the new ones. They are a good match to the 500 for good power and long flight time. 5:30 of 3D...
mmgaero is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in