Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > nano CP X

nano CP X Blade nano CP X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2012, 09:45 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Dejavu all over again....

The Nano hasn't even been released yet and the wild speculation has started.

The chances of this thing not having any issues right out of the gate are extremely slim, based on Blade's record...ie: MCPX / MSRX / 130X. Once released, I'm sure the the same people speculating about this heli will be posting page after page of comments about all the problems.

I know that one of the purposes of the forum is to express opinions but wouldn't it make more sense to base those opinions on facts rather than a few videos where the heli is barely visible and moving so fast it's hard to see what's really going on? IMHO (there's that opinion thing again) what is being posted right now is just setting the 'early adopter crowd' up for major disappointment.

I've waited this long for the 130X to get sorted out (if it ever does) I'll be doing the same with the Nano.
Newdon is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2012, 10:32 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

+1
renefigueroa is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-15-2012, 11:17 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've been losing fait in blade a little too.. I'm definately waiting to get one untill after the first impressions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-15-2012, 12:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'll be waiting to see what the beta testers think on the Nano Still holding off on the 130x till V2. My 300x has been great so far.
Old 09-15-2012, 02:07 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I went ahead and ordered the Nano. I was looking to upgrade and was thinking a 130X or a Walkera V120D02s. I think Nano will do for now. I have two young boys and it's hard to find time to fly.

With Micro size Helis, I can fly them inside the house without getting up from the Table.

I may not get the Walkera after all. It's been a little difficult to find the V120s with a Devo 10 as a set. Wrote WoW hobbies and they are not going to carry the Heli anymore. Strange.

WT
Old 09-15-2012, 03:20 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Wolf-Tau... your post just gave quasi-credibility to a truly horrifying thought I've had off-and-on over the last few weeks.
Do you think it's remotely possible that Blade has bought Walkera or - even worse - Walkera has bought all or part of Blade??!! What started me thinking about this is that somewhere on the 130X forum I read that the Walkera pitch slider fitted (kinda-sorta) and was one of the early fixes for the shaky original part Same for some bearings in the tail. Coincidence?? Now you mention the hard to come by V120S. Another coincidence or a case of a company (Blade or Walkera) phasing it out to get rid of the competition in their own product line up?

Colour me paranoid but I know that companies buy each other out all the time and the end user is usually the last to know about it The merger does not always lead to a better product.
Newdon is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-16-2012, 07:44 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

What we have heard so far with pre-production models are

1. No tail blowouts
2. No motor bogging down
3. No links falling off after crash
4. No canopy pins broken after a crash.

Basically, all the major problems of the mCPX has been fixed. The only thing that is not certain is whether wobbling may occur occasionally. But I would say if the above is reproduced in production models, then there is nothing much more you want.

Last edited by zadaw; 09-16-2012 at 10:30 AM..
zadaw is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-16-2012, 09:31 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

If all those issues are fixed im definitely getting one. The mcpx which I've had, the tail blow out was terrible. In the 130x That I bought, the wobbles and tail vibes were pissing me off. Will wait for the release and first impressions from forum members but if all those issues are gone I'm getting one for sure. We will soon see, my fingers are crossed that blade will come through with a solid micro heli. Not giving them any more of my money till I find out though.
05RAVEN is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-16-2012, 09:46 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

By the looks of everyone's registration date, I'm going to guess that you folks don't come from the old blade cp days with the Nickel Metal batteries.

They really sucked back then. You actually bought a heli that if you were lucky would only hover. Good luck with forward flight. Only the people that did the severe mod/upgrade could fly it well. Then you wasted a lot of money on what could have been a trex purchase.

E-Flite is doing incredible things, ask the guys that wasted a lot of money on them when they first started. Consider yourself lucky.

Trex 900 DFC Ultra Combo OS HZ 195 Hyper , Goblin 1200 84S Flybared
Scotty T is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-16-2012, 10:01 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

I will be getting one. There is a big difference between a 130 dollar mistake, and a 300 dollar one.
Drivinfast247 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-16-2012, 02:16 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty T View Post
By the looks of everyone's registration date, I'm going to guess that you folks don't come from the old blade cp days with the Nickel Metal batteries.

They really sucked back then. You actually bought a heli that if you were lucky would only hover. Good luck with forward flight. Only the people that did the severe mod/upgrade could fly it well. Then you wasted a lot of money on what could have been a trex purchase.

E-Flite is doing incredible things, ask the guys that wasted a lot of money on them when they first started. Consider yourself lucky.
LoL!! You mean this thing!! Here is a old video of me hovering mine in my basement!! It was my first CP heli, and it sure was a handful!! Man! The good old days!!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsFKsTIZ8nE[/ame]
josefmd is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-16-2012, 06:40 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wow dude hat is awesome! Reminds me of how I learned to fly with a walkera 4#3. FF was a wish lol. I was happy if I could hover it and not crash.
- DX8G2 and DX7S
Nytflyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-16-2012, 11:03 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

My gosh you guys are spoiled.

My first indoor heli was a piccolo by icuras. I think it cost me $500 by the time I purchased everything. It flew like total crap too.

Taught me to hover tail in and nose in. I couldn't have been happier at the time.

I've got 15 plus packs through my 130x so far. One crash and it broke the tail boom and took about 45 min to fix. With that I'm still at approximately 45 min flying time and 45 min fix. All on a $225 heli that has great power and flies pretty dang good.

Does it fly as well as my vbar governed 550? Nope. Not a problem though cause it doesn't cost as much either.

I had a Blade CP too. It was pretty rough....But NOTHING beat the feeling I had the first time I brought a heli inverted in the street infront of my house.
Lottomunch is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2012, 07:06 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty T View Post

I loveox my cp i had the cppro but itis what got me into helis 350.00 for a 300ish sized heli that i never even temted to flip ormorethe ff. Gyro sucked. Lol we get so much more today forless money

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Tapatalk 2

Epoweredrc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2012, 07:55 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

I know I shouldn't say this but I don't see how they could mess up a nano. My V2 mcpx flew great out of the box except for being under powered. This thing is the same as the mcpx except weighs significantly less so power shouldn't be an issue.

The only things I see that could be easily screwed up are bad 3 in 1, bad bearings , bad motors, or bad blade grips. Through my experiences with HH on my 130x, I have confidence that if any of these are bad out of the box, they will replace it quickly for free. The bearings on this won't see nearly the loads that the 130x sees so the cheap chinese bearings should work ok. I think they worked out blade grip design on mcpx v1. When the motor goes bad, I have an hp03s waiting to go in.

I had the msrx and never had a single issue out of it other than poor left turns. I think that was more of a fixed pitch issue. Other than that, I flew that thing like I stole it and the crashed it a ton. Only parts I ever replaced were the grips.
kpod is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2012, 08:18 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

My first electric was a FP GWS dragonfly. Had Nicads but would fly to some degree back in 2004. Converted it to dual brushless and still fly it a couple of times a year. I've had very good luck with all the newer blade stuff and love my 130x better then anything I've ever had. Other then a board going bad on my first MSRx in under 20 flights most have over 100 flights on them with no problems. In for the beta on the nMCPX for the winter.
RBMflyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2012, 01:32 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drivinfast247 View Post
I will be getting one. There is a big difference between a 130 dollar mistake, and a 300 dollar one.
+1...
JookSing is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2012, 10:00 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
What we have heard so far with pre-production models are

1. No tail blowouts
2. No motor bogging down
3. No links falling off after crash
4. No canopy pins broken after a crash.

Basically, all the major problems of the mCPX has been fixed. The only thing that is not certain is whether wobbling may occur occasionally. But I would say if the above is reproduced in production models, then there is nothing much more you want.
The thing is pre-production models always go through proper QC. The manufacturer gets lazy with QC when actual production comes.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:13 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newdon View Post
Wolf-Tau... your post just gave quasi-credibility to a truly horrifying thought I've had off-and-on over the last few weeks.
Do you think it's remotely possible that Blade has bought Walkera or - even worse - Walkera has bought all or part of Blade??!! What started me thinking about this is that somewhere on the 130X forum I read that the Walkera pitch slider fitted (kinda-sorta) and was one of the early fixes for the shaky original part Same for some bearings in the tail. Coincidence?? Now you mention the hard to come by V120S. Another coincidence or a case of a company (Blade or Walkera) phasing it out to get rid of the competition in their own product line up?

Colour me paranoid but I know that companies buy each other out all the time and the end user is usually the last to know about it The merger does not always lead to a better product.
It is kinda weird but I really think maybe the same plant does both Helis and it stops production for one to build the other. Only Apple has the $$$ to get multiple plants going at once but enough of the conspiracy theories.

Can't wait for my Nano, as I really want the Walkera V120D02s V2. (too bad it's sold out at WoW and RCheli anyone know a good Walkera Dealer?

WT

Edit: I was not in this heli hobby but I was in the RC car hobby back in it's birth place. I remember my Gold Tube Associated RC10, of course I did start off with a Tamaya Frog.

Last edited by Wolf-Tau; 09-17-2012 at 10:16 PM.. Reason: Added Material
Wolf-Tau is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2012, 12:23 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by josefmd View Post
LoL!! You mean this thing!! Here is a old video of me hovering mine in my basement!! It was my first CP heli, and it sure was a handful!! Man! The good old days!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsFKsTIZ8nE
haha, I remember it well. That thing pissed me off something fierce for months maybe even a year before I threw in the towel and bought a trex.

Trex 900 DFC Ultra Combo OS HZ 195 Hyper , Goblin 1200 84S Flybared
Scotty T is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in