Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > R/C Helicopter Event Forum

R/C Helicopter Event Forum Please add your events to this forum so people know where the action is

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2013, 10:59 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Memphis Propbusters Helo Fly-In August 24-25, 2013

Gentlemen,

The Memphis Propbusters will be holding their first annual helicopter fly-in at the club field in Arlington, TN on August 24-25, 2013. AMA card will be required. Landing fee is currently TBD.
Our field features and all grass runway with eight flight stations, covered pavilions, and electrical power. Please see our club website for details about hotels and camping. There are a few RV parking spots on the ends of the field, but no hookups. Lots of grass for tent camping if you wish. I also recommend bringing a backup generator in case all the outlets are full.
At this time we're not planning on any pro pilots, demo flights, contests, or raffles, just a casual get together for helicopter pilots of ALL skill levels. Once the event is concluded, we'll make decisions on next year's event based on turnout and what you, the participants, want.
None other than Michael Fortune of Fortune Model Products will have his crew on site with a wide selection of the finest helicopter parts (and entire helos) to keep you flying in the unlikely event of a mishap.
I will be CD'ing this event, so if you have any questions, comments, or suggestions, please feel free to contact me thru PM.
We are really looking forward to hosting this event and can't wait to see you there!!
FireNWater is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2013, 03:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I visited you guys last Sunday afternoon (the only Heli guy there). I'll definitely be looking to join up with you guys and to attend a heli oriented event!
Old 02-28-2013, 03:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Why wait until August? I fly at both the Propbusters and the NMRCC field. Shoot me a PM meet us somewhere!
Old 03-07-2013, 12:18 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

OK guys, just got home from the club meeting and can fill in a few more blanks.
Landing fee will be $20 with lunch (burger, chips & a soda) included on Saturday.
We'd also like to let our club members do some open flying from 5:00 pm to sunset on Saturday and Sunday. After dark any and all night flyers are welcome to go all out.
At tonight's meeting our club also authorized an additional 120 feet of awnings, concrete, and more electrical outlets. The project should be finished by the time of the helo fly-in.
You can register for this event on our club website. Click on Events, then cycle the calendar forward to August and click on the Helo Fly-In event on August 24th. Since this is our first helo fly-in, we'd like to know how many are coming so we can plan the food and amenities. If you're bringing an RV, send me a PM and we can open up the gate at the south end of the field for easier parking.
Looking forward to meeting everyone.
Old 04-29-2013, 10:29 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Additional Safety Rules for Event

To enhance everyone's safety and comfort level during this event, we are going to be instituting several safety measures. These will be enforced by club management.
1) A 30 foot Zero Line will be established from the pilot flight stations. The only flight operations allowed inside the Zero Line will be takeoffs and landings.
2) Lines delineating the horizontal limits of the pilot’s flight box will be established. These lines will extend to the outer edge of the runway and will be "protected airspace" while you are operating your helicopter. All flying past the edge of the runway is unprotected.

a) Sharing of adjacent flight boxes is allowed with prior agreement of the pilots.

b) A pilot may utilize adjacent unused flight boxes, but must immediately cease once another pilot takes that flight box.

3) In the event of a crashed helicopter, all other helicopters must be landed before proceeding past the pilot’s fence to retrieve the model. Club management will provide signaling devices to alert other pilots of a mishap.
Old 05-15-2013, 10:03 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

We have registration for the event available on our club website. If possible, please pre-register so we know how much food to buy.
This weekend our club will have all of the new pavilions installed, with concrete installed within the next couple weeks.
Old 08-17-2013, 10:58 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Gentlemen,

One week to go until the First Annual Propbusters Helicopter Fun-Fly. Hopefully everyone has gotten permission from the significant other and is planning on attending.
Fortune Model Products will be on site starting Friday afternoon with a wide selection of fine helicopter products as well as repair parts for your helicopters.
Our club has completed its construction project and we now have concrete slab along the entire length of the flight line with brand new awnings. Plenty of power outlets and shelving for charging LiPo's. If you are planning on camping, we have plenty of grass both to the north and south of the parking areas.
Please register on our club website so we know how much food to buy for Saturday lunch.
Everyone at our club is looking forward to this event, so please plan on attending!!
Old 08-20-2013, 08:08 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just registered... look forward to seeing everyone this weekend!
Old 08-20-2013, 01:43 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Looking forward to see all the Heli guys come out of the woodwork this weekend!
Old 08-21-2013, 01:27 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Looking forward to seeing everyone this weekend!!
Old 08-21-2013, 10:20 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Talked to the club president today and he says we have 15 registered thru the club website. I would guess at least 10-15 more from the local area will show up. We'll know for sure Saturday morning!!
One of the major objectives for this Fun Fly is to gauge interest by attendance. If we have a large enough attendance then that will help me plead my case to possibly have an additional event in the spring and add events, sponsors, raffle, ect.
Also, if everyone has a good time without all that extra stuff, then let me know at the end of the fun-fly and we can keep it a pure flying event.
Old 08-24-2013, 09:37 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Pictures from today's event: http://sdrv.ms/1585pnV

Tags
fly-in, memphis, propbusters

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in