Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Electric Micro/Mini Helicopters > X400 and MX400

X400 and MX400 Ark X400 and HeliMax MX400 Helicopters Information

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2006, 10:30 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default mx 400 sesaw screws

has anyone noticed that the screws that hold the cnc seesaw to the cnc head tend to get loose i tried tightening them but to tight the seesaw does not move freely
and just tight enough for it to work smoothly and they tend to get loose this was never the case with the stock plastic seesaw and head i did use blue thread lock
but not much help there.
anthony is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2006, 03:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hey Anthony,

Moved the topic here, hope you don't mind!
Maxi Joker 2 with Carvec
Maxi Joker 2 with AP2000
Logo 10 Stretched
MLaBoyteaux is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-24-2006, 01:04 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had to take mine out and re-loctite them. they were working loose as well, I beleive the screws are a little longer now. Atleast thats what I'll try when I need to replace them. Try adding a bit more loc-tite on them, should solve your problem, atleast it did for me. Be sure to snug them up good and let it sit for a while. If its too tight you may have to back off a bit on the scew. Gl
fedex is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-24-2006, 12:33 PM   #4 (permalink)

Mine also came loose. Actually one came out in flight, I got lucky and it was close to the ground. I just received relacements from Tower Hobbies just yesterday.
pugger86 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-24-2006, 10:22 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugger86
Mine also came loose. Actually one came out in flight, I got lucky and it was close to the ground. I just received relacements from Tower Hobbies just yesterday.
Yeah, barely caught mine, I just noticed the flybar would rock back and forth rather effortlessly, since then I added the extra loctite and it worked loose just enough to give without binding.

As for the plastic ones, I just don't know, are they more like course threaded screws on both sides? wouldn't it be better if you could just put a bolt completely through the plastic head and put a nut on the end? (you may have to dremel the plastic head a bit to get the nut to countersink enough to clear.) but couldn't this mod work? I've never ran across this problem with the plastic ones but a friend has the plastic version, seems like they strip rather easiely just being screwed into plastic. Seems like superglue on the screw would do the trick if nothing else.
fedex is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2006, 10:36 AM   #6 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location
Default I assume this is the center hub with the ball bearings

If you are using the center hub with the ball bearings and, an aluminum seesaw, do this:

Put the supplied screw through the ball bearing, put 2, count 'em, 2 of the supplied shims (washers) inside the bearing, put a tiny drop of blue locktite on the end of the screw. Now push the screw+bearing+shims+locktite into the center hub and screw it into the seesaw. Screw it down tight. Make sure the seesaw moves freely. If you did it right, you can tighten those screws down really tight without the seesaw binding.

There are two aluminum center hub kits out. The one from Helimax (Tower Hobbies) is MUCH better than the ARK kit.

jrohland
jrohland is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in