Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 450

Blade 450 Blade 450 Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2011, 08:55 PM   #21 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwguy View Post
Thalios- that is awesome. Any infringement from the canopy at the top of the frame? I do real estate photography and this could be a new offering for me as I'm now stable enough that I would consider this. I could shoot 1080p amd then extract the best single frame for an aerial shot.
Nope. Only put the velcro strap around the body and secured it with tyraps. that's it! No change to canopy or anything!

Make sure you put some kind of dampeners or gelatin type tape to take out some vibrations.

I'll post pictures of the actual bottom without camera tomorrow.
Thalios is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-04-2011, 10:47 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

@Thalios how much was the camera? I'm considering getting a 600 or larger to shoot AP with my 5d mark2, but with that camera I wouldn't mind (as much) if it crashed!

@bmwguy I've heard of cyclone hobbies only from google searches, but haddent ever heard anyone elce mention them, I will check them out Tuesday (assuming they are going to be closed Monday)
Slammedcrx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2011, 11:42 PM   #23 (permalink)

My HF Map location

bought it on amazon, 87$!!

not insane quality, but still very decent videos! 10800, but i love the 720p at 60fps. you can do better slow motions!
Old 09-05-2011, 10:03 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

^ Do you have any videos with that camera we could see?
FuntanaS is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2011, 11:09 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Removed the training gear...

Almost regretted it - wind at the flying field was > 15mph today and it was tricky getting her landed safely. I will say, however, that there's no better training for landing than doing it in RL in sketchy conditions.
Spektrum DX8
7kings is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2011, 12:34 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

went t the field early this morning kind of a cloudy day , for some reason i dont seem to fly as well on cloudy days. Lost orientation inverted managed to hit TH before i hit the ground, very impressed witht he durability of this heli. Only damage was 1 broken GF blade , looked the heli carefuly over not even a bent spindle everything is perfect on it put on some new blades tracking perfect ready to go again.
Blade120 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2011, 09:02 PM   #27 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Here you go for the video.

Please pardon my sloppy flying, was pretty windy (Treasure Island, San Francisco!)

Just did a 10 min edit on it. No music on intro / out..
Old 09-06-2011, 09:19 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

That's great Thalios! I'm going to have to keep this in mind should I develop a need for this. I think it would also make one of my Blade 450s a tax deductible item if I only used it for my photography company...
Old 09-10-2011, 10:22 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I just charged up two of my batteries in hopes that I'll get a chance to fly a little tomorrow...
Old 09-10-2011, 11:12 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

I hovered two packs using the Advanced profile for the DX8 instead of the Intermediate one. Hopefully soon I will be brave enough to try something more than a hover. I had just snapped the tail boom of my mCPX in a crash so I was exceptionally careful.

jorj
sirjorj is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-2011, 01:56 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just finished looking the heli over... 10-12 flights on her now. 7 of those today. Finally what a good day. Only the second day since I've been able to fly it. Man, I gotta get some more batteries soon!
JohnnyV52 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-2011, 10:13 AM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I was lubricating my one way bearing, so I decided to upgrade to my Radix blades since I already had the blades off.
Old 09-11-2011, 06:20 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Installed 3 Hitec HS-65HB servos since my pitch servo decided to die..
Much better now
Lembo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-2011, 09:15 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

CRASHED again! hope 3rd time is a charm.
flyinggoose is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-12-2011, 12:10 AM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Had my first crash today after about 40-50 total flights since new, had the new water bucket setup and was trying to hover over a open top water tank next to a building so I could dip and fill, it was too windy and not enough room, rolled over to the left and went in, bucket and all. Broke the blades, bent the tail boom, and stripped the main gear. Had an extra set of blades onhand, installed them and it flies great even all bent and beat up with missing gear teeth. I am very impressed with this thing. Feathering shaft does not wobble when turned, I was in normal mode and slammed thottle off as she went in. I think the wood blades saved the metal parts.
Old 09-12-2011, 08:21 AM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ordered T-Rex 500 skids, Align pro wood blades, KBDD fluorescent orange tail blades. Hoping they get here in time for next weekend at the field...
Spektrum DX8
7kings is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-12-2011, 07:19 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

put 6 packs through her
imbastos is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2011, 11:05 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelagic Pilot View Post
Had my first crash today after about 40-50 total flights since new, had the new water bucket setup and was trying to hover over a open top water tank next to a building so I could dip and fill, it was too windy and not enough room, rolled over to the left and went in, bucket and all. Broke the blades, bent the tail boom, and stripped the main gear. Had an extra set of blades onhand, installed them and it flies great even all bent and beat up with missing gear teeth. I am very impressed with this thing. Feathering shaft does not wobble when turned, I was in normal mode and slammed thottle off as she went in. I think the wood blades saved the metal parts.
Careful flying with missing teeth on maingear, might be asking for another crash due to mechanical failure....
Old 09-14-2011, 12:39 AM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hello Helifreaks,
This is my first post and i'd like to start off by saying this site is awesome! I recently purchased the blade 450 rtf and its awesome as well, started out w a decent fp skill level and after only a few weeks i'm noticing much improvement. This heli is pretty cool, haven't crashed yet as I try to stay within my skill level. Started doing minor 3d and this heli holds rock steady. I fly in the morning, between classes right up until it gets dark when i can. As a mechanical engineering student I appreciate every working part of these machines and love understanding everything I possibly can about them down to the physics and gyro circuitry. I will post up vids on the vid section soon and btw, what I did to my blade today was fly the crap out of it. I also just purchased some trex 450 stock tailblades, do you guys think they will work well on the blade? My stock ones tips are a little scraped.
heli_sport is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2011, 03:37 AM   #40 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Yes, they should be fine.

any 60mm size should be ok. and if there's scrapes on them, it's not the end of the world. Just make sure they're not broken.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in