Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Eagle Tree Systems

Eagle Tree Systems Onboard data loggers, telemetry, and OSD support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2007, 01:00 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Eagle Tree Log Graphs

Hey there -

Thanks to you fellows, I purchased the Eagle Tree Systems micro power tool and hooked it up for a spins.

The three attachments are each session - 2 are new batteries I'm breaking in, and the one is about 40 cycles old, and just did a "normal" flight pattern that I usually do with it.

I don't know what to do yet with this, but itching to know how I "did"?

Can you give me some feedback as to how I'm treating the batteries here? What to look for, if I over did any of these.... I don't know exactly what I put into the packs to begin with other than they were fully charged....

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TP (40 cycles).jpg
Views:	153
Size:	132.0 KB
ID:	26249   Click image for larger version

Name:	TP Extreme Breakin.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	137.1 KB
ID:	26250   Click image for larger version

Name:	Evo 25. Breakin.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	120.5 KB
ID:	26251  
chuckjones is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2007, 01:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Great now I want one.

But there seems to be a problem, your computer is confused it doesn't know whether its a Mac or a PC
Old 09-13-2007, 01:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor View Post
Great now I want one.

But there seems to be a problem, your computer is confused it doesn't know whether its a Mac or a PC
LOL

Yes it has a split personality. It's a Mac that runs XP occasionally, funny you noticed that.
Old 09-13-2007, 04:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

just a little hint... you can export your graphs as images
john_doe is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2007, 08:19 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

You should add voltage to you plots. It's very important you watch you pack voltage along with the mAh. That way you can tell how you pack is holding up in relation to mAh used.
bugdozer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2007, 09:14 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

You can set the recorder to start recording only when the heli starts to draw over a set number of amps, ( I have mine set to 2 amps) then you dont get the big flat bit at the beggining (walking out to the flight line)

Mick

aussiemick is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2007, 09:57 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

The real power of the Micro Power kicks in when you add the brushless rpm sensor. That will allow you to fine-tune your setup. If you're running your ESC in governor mode, it will show you how well it's maintaining the headspeed, or not. If you're utilizing throttle & pitch curves, it will allow you to see if you need to tweak them.

The Power Panel LCD display makes it easy to work with at the field. I set mine up so that I can easily install the Micro Power and Power Panel using Velcro.
Old 09-13-2007, 10:36 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Here's a graph from a week ago or so.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	070902_Pack_6.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	148.5 KB
ID:	26321  
bugdozer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2007, 09:02 AM   #9 (permalink)

Good advice all around, thank you -

If I add the pack voltage to the plot, how should I look at the volts against the mAh? I mean how do I interpret these curves, what should I be looking for...

Does it look like I don't draw much power from my packs? I'm flying figure 8's and that's about it, you can see where I increase throttle and then cut back when it's flying straight on induced power I think.

Going back to this 80/20 rule, does that mean loosely that I could use 80% of the 2100 mAh of my packs then, and just watch that number on my power panel?
Old 09-14-2007, 04:23 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckjones View Post
If I add the pack voltage to the plot, how should I look at the volts against the mAh? I mean how do I interpret these curves, what should I be looking for...
If you add the volts to the graph it will show you how well the pack is working. It will show the minimum volts in flight of the pack against the Mah used. Remember try not to go much if any below 3.2V/cell. Having a history of this will show any degradation of the pack over time.

Quote:
Does it look like I don't draw much power from my packs? I'm flying figure 8's and that's about it, you can see where I increase throttle and then cut back when it's flying straight on induced power I think.
It looks like you are drawing about 12-13 AMPS average, that seems a little low if anything for a 3S setup. How high is your Head Speed?

Quote:
Going back to this 80/20 rule, does that mean loosely that I could use 80% of the 2100 mAh of my packs then, and just watch that number on my power panel?
Yes it does. 1680Mah is your 80% but once again it is the pack volts that are the thing to be watching you should try to never see less than 10 volts on the pack (some will say this is a bit low even)

Mick

aussiemick is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2007, 04:42 PM   #11 (permalink)

Ok, so I kind of thought that the pack volts reading wouldn't be accurate, but I'm seeing that it is! That's good to hear. Further, since there is this "bounce back" in voltage, I shouldn't be fixated on the voltage of the battery when I'm done flying, as much as I need to pay attention to lowest reading during flight. The way to see this would be through the power panel, or the log itself then, correct?

Sorry, I'm really new to this, and trying to learn - hence buying this thing in the first place.

With regards to my head speed, I don't know exactly, but I think I'm at about 75% throttle, maybe less. I set it up this way when learning to hover so it was less responsive. I was getting about 10 minutes out of a pack with this little draw, but when I heard "5 mins. 5 mins." - I had to find out what I was actually using.

I expected that I was drawing less current than people here, because of the head speed, and the lazy figure eight stuff that I do, where I ease off the throttle dramatically at times. That's what I was wondering about the graphs. I think they confirm that I'm not abusing my batteries (if you look at the 40 cycle one in particular - this is really "normal").

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in