Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Align 3G FBL System > Align 3GX FBL System

Align 3GX FBL System Align 3GX FBL Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2014, 05:11 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default How to reverse Aling 3GX MR gyro?

Hey guys!

I have a problem...
So, i yesterday got my new servos (KST DS115MG) for my Aling trex 450 DFC Plus.
For some reason i noticed that everything i did with my radio the servos would move opposite direction. For exaple: Throttle stick UP: Servos go DOWN... Right stick UP (heli should tilt forward) Heli tilts backwards. SO everything goes opposite way.

But no problem! I just reversed the Pitch Elevator and Aileron channels and its all good now.

But my real problem is that when my heli tilts, gyros should counter this tilt by moving the swashplate opposite way, to keep heli steady. But in my case the gyro just moves the swashplate opposite way that is should. Example: Heli tilts to Left and gyro tries to tilt heli Left also. (Should tilt heli to right)

Tail gyro is setup right, gyro corrects the way it should, So tail is OK.

So yeah, Im using the 3GX MR gyro what comes with the trex 450 DFC plus.
Is there any way to Reverse this gyro?

I have been trying badly to find cure to this from manual, but i could not find it (only find how to reverse TAIL gyro)

Does anyone know that can i even reverse this gyro, or should i just mount the unit up side down? Im using Futaba T6J radio if anybody cares? Here is also a picture for the unit im talking about: http://www.helidirect.com/images//HEG3GX02.jpg

Thank you for your help already!
Ande155 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2014, 09:31 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ande155 View Post
Hey guys!

I have a problem...
So, i yesterday got my new servos (KST DS115MG) for my Aling trex 450 DFC Plus.
For some reason i noticed that everything i did with my radio the servos would move opposite direction. For exaple: Throttle stick UP: Servos go DOWN... Right stick UP (heli should tilt forward) Heli tilts backwards. SO everything goes opposite way.

But no problem! I just reversed the Pitch Elevator and Aileron channels and its all good now.

But my real problem is that when my heli tilts, gyros should counter this tilt by moving the swashplate opposite way, to keep heli steady. But in my case the gyro just moves the swashplate opposite way that is should. Example: Heli tilts to Left and gyro tries to tilt heli Left also. (Should tilt heli to right)

Tail gyro is setup right, gyro corrects the way it should, So tail is OK.

So yeah, Im using the 3GX MR gyro what comes with the trex 450 DFC plus.
Is there any way to Reverse this gyro?

I have been trying badly to find cure to this from manual, but i could not find it (only find how to reverse TAIL gyro)

Does anyone know that can i even reverse this gyro, or should i just mount the unit up side down? Im using Futaba T6J radio if anybody cares? Here is also a picture for the unit im talking about: http://www.helidirect.com/images//HEG3GX02.jpg

Thank you for your help already!
I'm not familiar with 3GX MR but it looks like 3GX MR does not support the compensation reversal in the unit programming step. Check the servos to make sure they are connected to the right port. You may have Aileron(channel 1) and Pitch(channel 6) reversed in connection to 3GX MR. Manual shows which servo should be connected to which port.

Another thing to check is instead of reversing the servo channels on your transmitter, you may want to change the swash mix number from positive to negative to reverse the cyclic movement.
nameci is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-01-2016, 02:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Align Trex 450 Pro FBL with 3GX MR

Hi guys,
I have 3GX MR flying control (Align Trex 450 Pro FBL with 3gx mr), and I have just changed all original servos to faster (aileron, pitch and elevator). My new servos are moving reverse (like yours), I tested them with servo tester, the new moving another direction than the original if they get same PWM.
So the problem is not only the wrong remote control directions (changed all: right-left, forward-backward and up-down), the flying control stabilization directions are not right too, the heli is falls over itself, you can not control it.
I and my friends trying more versions to solve it, but some of them did not work (for eample only reversing or changing channels are not working good).
We found two correct solution:
- one of them using "servo reverser"
- the second is: in the remote control change 1,2 and 6 channels to reverse, and rotating the flying control in the heli forward to back (not upside down, only in a horizontal plane 180degrees), you can cut the Vibration Dampening Pads and glued it again after rotation.

I am testing the second version, beacuse I have servo reverser ("Turnigy Servo Signal Reverser", you can find it in HK) but it does not take this 3GX frequency.

Please write if you have another/better solution!

Thanks!

Zsolt
bazso is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-01-2016, 03:22 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Align Trex 450 Pro FBL with 3gx mr

Hi guys,
I have Align Trex 450 Pro with 3GX MR flying control. I have just changed all servos to faster and stronger.
My new servos are moving another direction than the original.
So this is not only the user remote controlling direction change problem (changed all: right-left, forward-backward, up-down), but the flying control also incorrectly stabilizes the Heli in the air, it will be fallen by itself you will not have a chance to save it.
I and my friends tried many version to solve it, but more is did not work (for example simple channel reverzation or change the channels are not good solution).
We find two version to solve it correctly:
The one is, using all servo with “servo signal reverser”
The second is, change the remote control channels 1,2 and 6 chanels to reverse more, and to be turned the flying control in horizontal plane 180degree (not upside-down, only forward to backward). You can cut the vibration dumping pad, and glue it another direction.
I am testing the second version, because I have “Turnigy servo reverser”, but it is not working with the 3GX flying control.
Please write if you have another/better solution!
Thanks!
Zsolt
bazso is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2017, 07:52 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

try to bind the unit as dfc plus.i have a v2 with this problem i bound it as
pro and is ok now the servos are kst.
danas is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in