Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Beam

Beam Beam Helicopters Factory Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2013, 02:35 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

In my beam I lost theet in main gear and when I was taking and replacing gear I noticed that was also hard to get out. also noticed in owb (v2) was something wrong.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lqpdiwjvsb...2019.47.19.jpg

At photo there are new owb v2 already installed in gear an old (v2) one is beside of that. Spot the diffrence?
Not really convinced at beam quality...
jaysam is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2013, 03:02 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysam View Post
In my beam I lost theet in main gear and when I was taking and replacing gear I noticed that was also hard to get out. also noticed in owb (v2) was something wrong.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lqpdiwjvsb...2019.47.19.jpg

At photo there are new owb v2 already installed in gear an old (v2) one is beside of that. Spot the diffrence?
Not really convinced at beam quality...
Yeah it's easy to see that one is recessed a good few mm down into the outer casing. Since I didn't have a new one for comparison I could not see where mine had shifted out of spec. Just now I put it in a giant C-clamp and popped the top bit (that is retaining the sprague bearing) down as far as it would go, I think it would probably fit back in now! I could see there was a gap about 2mm from the top of the bearing to the bit that is retaining it and I think somehow that top fitting was pushed up which was making the height of the whole assembly too tall.

I flew mine on Sunday with the V1 gears and one-way back in and it was fine. It makes me wonder two things;
1. If the V1 assembly is actually OK so long as you're not flying aggressively, or is it just going to fail no matter what.

2. Could a better bearing be replaced in the V1 assembly ?
HD Cell 750, RJX Vector, TDR, TDSF, Kasama Dune and Faifa, Minicopter Triabolo 700, Beam Avantgarde, JR E8 leggero, Suzi Laos, Shape 9, Shape S8, Rave 450, TRex 500, Raptor E700, Compass Warp, Steam 700, Spirit, Spartan, Jeti.
trillian is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2013, 04:08 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by trillian View Post
If I have anything else go wrong I'll probably just strip the electrics off it and get a Logo 600 rather than have to keep pouring money into it.
Hi Trillian.

I'd rather find another bearing to put inside the housing. The heli is too nice to let go
just because they can't find a OWB that works. We should find a solution and I am
just about ready to do that. I just haven't got the time right now. Someone once sent me a link
to a place, where I can buy quality one way bearings. Maybe it's time to find that link...

And maybe I could turn some stronger parts on my lathe....

Cheers
Erik
Old 09-02-2013, 07:24 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by oy2503 View Post
Hi Trillian.

I'd rather find another bearing to put inside the housing. The heli is too nice to let go
just because they can't find a OWB that works. We should find a solution and I am
just about ready to do that. I just haven't got the time right now. Someone once sent me a link
to a place, where I can buy quality one way bearings. Maybe it's time to find that link...

And maybe I could turn some stronger parts on my lathe....

Cheers
Erik
Yeah, I'm sure a bearing can be fitted that will be reliable and sturdy. One approach would be to find out what bearing is being used in some other helicopters where we know the one-way assembly is good. The logo 550 and 600 come to mind, or Compass 6HV.

One way to improve the sturdiness of the tail assembly would be to use Logo 600 fins and bearings. I had a look over the weekend at a Logo tail and the bearings are much bigger diameter and they're deeper, the flange is wider. The two fin halves with bearings can be made to fit the Beam by just drilling or reaming one set of holes as the spacing is slightly wider on the Beam. (there's really not enough fin material around the bearings to fit bigger bearings using the Beam fins, hence the reason to use Logo fins as well).
HD Cell 750, RJX Vector, TDR, TDSF, Kasama Dune and Faifa, Minicopter Triabolo 700, Beam Avantgarde, JR E8 leggero, Suzi Laos, Shape 9, Shape S8, Rave 450, TRex 500, Raptor E700, Compass Warp, Steam 700, Spirit, Spartan, Jeti.
trillian is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in