Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > nano CP X

nano CP X Blade nano CP X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2014, 05:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Couple newbie type questions

First, those who have cut their own solid tail booms, how did you go about not pinching the wires at the tail motor mount? I just notched the rod slightly but is that the best way to go about it?

Second, my bullet blades are starting to get pretty beaten up, what is the consensus (if any) for a good stable and durable set of blades? Even better if they come in bright colors. Same for tail blades too please.

Thanks in advance!
TTMR is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2014, 11:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTMR View Post
First, those who have cut their own solid tail booms, how did you go about not pinching the wires at the tail motor mount? I just notched the rod slightly but is that the best way to go about it?

Second, my bullet blades are starting to get pretty beaten up, what is the consensus (if any) for a good stable and durable set of blades? Even better if they come in bright colors. Same for tail blades too please.

Thanks in advance!

I can't answer the first one

But on the second, I have run main blades from both Micro Heli and Lynx, and what I've found is that the stock ones from Blade are the far most durable. If you have sight troubles, the colored ones from the aftermarket companies are still pretty nice.

Sent from flying shrapnel that once was a heli
Wildcat1214 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2014, 11:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Yeah, I figure it will be hard to beat the OE blades for toughness but I could use the help with visibility, I've found it is easier to fly the heli looking down on it because the word Blade makes the disk show up just that little bit better
Old 06-13-2014, 11:10 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTMR View Post
Yeah, I figure it will be hard to beat the OE blades for toughness but I could use the help with visibility, I've found it is easier to fly the heli looking down on it because the word Blade makes the disk show up just that little bit better

Yep same here. I sometimes even made sure I only flew it in perfect lighting conditions to help with being able to see it.

If you order some aftermarket blades, I would suggest ordering a couple different colors, and then just pick which one suits you best.

Sent from flying shrapnel that once was a heli
Wildcat1214 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-14-2014, 12:50 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Blade makes oem spec colored blades in orange green and yellow 3d and bullet type also tail blades, I run the Blade orange 3d main and tail.
terryv83 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-14-2014, 11:19 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks, don't know why I didn't think to check Blade for the colored blades
Old 06-14-2014, 02:05 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

First question...nothing.

Second question, I love my Lynx blades. I have the feeling that they give better lift around zero pitch than the Rakon blades I have also tried. But whatever I have flown, they were getting chewed up, esp. spliting on the trailing edge.

I have since found a good tip here on HF somewhere. I now have good luck setting my TH pitch setting to a zero pitch flat curve. This means that when I hit TH, the blades are less likely to be damaged or damage other parts of the helicopter (because when they pivot in their holders, they stay in a plane parallel to the boom more or less. I have had this latest set of blades on for quite some time with far less damage from a similar number of light crashes. The trailing edges are still perfect.

obi

Exploring the other side of the disk: Taranis (+OrangeRX). nanoCPX (AD mild-BLv2), mCPX dbl-BL (BLHeli XP-12A/HP10+XP-7A/HP03T-4000KV), Align-AD Trex 150 (BLheli+HP8).
Obijuan Kenobe is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in