Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Compass Helicopters > Warp 360

Warp 360 Compass Warp 360 Model Helicopter Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2014, 06:06 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Warp, my personal bird of misfortune...

i feel i have not much luck with the warp, although i love how it flies and feels in the air.

now i crashed 3 times in about 15 flights - normally i crash once in about 100 flights.
first crash was with the first battery of the day, because a ball link pooped off. second crash was my fault while flying.

today i flew my first battery (again the first), when the warp suddenly began to piro like creazy and fell to the ground. i am not sure what happened, but i think that the servo arm of the DS95i tail servo broke and then the tail boom. at least both are broken and i think because of the piros it must have been the servo arm. but i think the tail boom also broke in the air, because the warp seemed to stuck after some piros - no chance to try any rescue action.
badbandit is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2014, 09:23 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sorry to hear that

That is too much bad luck.
How did that link popped off? This plastic links are extra beefy they dont get off easy.

Mks arms dont break in the air either...

There has been some tail booms that broke by the tail case, they were the thinner booms.
Where did it broke and is your boom extra flexy?
Old 04-12-2014, 09:41 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

yes, the boom broke right by the tail case. but the boom is one of the new kits which are said to hold better. perhaps it just was the crash which broke the boom.

i never had this problem before, but i don't think that a heli with a broken boom would spin anymore. i did not do any special moves or something which would stress the components. i think it must have been the servo arm...

my link popped off on one servo and i could repoduce this. after the crash i just bend the links a little more and now it won't happen again. the servo arm pushed the ball link against the servo case and it pooped off. nobody beside me seems to have this happen before.
Old 04-12-2014, 11:00 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I broke a boom like that too. In my case it was excessive vibes. It also helps to put a bit of loctite in the tail case, it helps on holding the boom better with less gaps/eventual ressonance.

That thing on the servos is weird thought. It shouldn't happen. are all your links vertical, correct geometry?

Can you post a pic of your setup?
Old 04-12-2014, 12:01 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Warp, my personal bird of misfortune...

i would not use loctite with plastic.
my warp has no vibes at all. it is running very smooth and withouz any noticable vibes.
Old 04-12-2014, 04:55 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

mine has been great till today when the motor belt stripped, i am guess it was not tight enough.

sorry to hear you having issues, the warp is a amazing flying little helicopter but it does need to be set up with 100% precision.

most of the people i know that had issues with theirs did not quite have something right and on this thing you don't have much room for error in some areas.

as are as the servo balls popping off that is pretty strange.

Blade 180 CFX, Sold the rest of my stuff, I dont really fly all that often any more.
dannylightning is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2014, 07:38 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by badbandit View Post
i would not use loctite with plastic.
my warp has no vibes at all. it is running very smooth and withouz any noticable vibes.
Loctite i referred is between boom and central tail case, no plastic there.
Its not crutial but it helps to tighten the boom as the loctite expands when curing.
Old 04-13-2014, 10:26 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

now i know what you mean. of course i've put loctite between the boom and the tails case (i hope i can get the tail case out again).

the more i think about the crash, the more i think it was the boom breaking in flight. what can cause the boom breaking in flight? i did not do any special things.
Old 04-13-2014, 04:57 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Re: Warp, my personal bird of misfortune...

Quote:
Originally Posted by badbandit View Post
now i know what you mean. of course i've put loctite between the boom and the tails case (i hope i can get the tail case out again).

the more i think about the crash, the more i think it was the boom breaking in flight. what can cause the boom breaking in flight? i did not do any special things.
Why? It has 4 screws holding it. Loctite those.
Old 04-13-2014, 05:49 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by velocity90 View Post
Why? It has 4 screws holding it. Loctite those.
It says to Loctite the tail case to the boom right in the manual man and I always do it on all my helis. It helps prevent the tail case from moving due to vibration exc. which can cause the tail boom holes to become oblong. It also allows you to use less force to tighten the tail case screws which helps prevent thread damage
Tachead is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2014, 04:26 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachead View Post
It says to Loctite the tail case to the boom right in the manual man and I always do it on all my helis. It helps prevent the tail case from moving due to vibration exc. which can cause the tail boom holes to become oblong. It also allows you to use less force to tighten the tail case screws which helps prevent thread damage
Yep. Makes everything more solid &tight.
Old 04-14-2014, 10:14 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Re: Warp, my personal bird of misfortune...

I use the 0.5 booms and it's a really tight fit. Loctite isn't going to do anything here

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in