Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Align 3G FBL System > Align 3GX FBL System

Align 3GX FBL System Align 3GX FBL Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2015, 08:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 450 pro dfc 3gx V2.1

As it says this is what ive got. I bought it second hand froma guy that built it, hovered it, scared him so he sold it. My gain his loss. So being new I got my lhs to set it up. It flys good being that I'm new to this but its just very iffy to me while flying. It doesn't seem to level very fast when I do the correction direction and its pretty much very small movements with big results kind of deal. Im already at 25 expo on cyclic and 20 on the tail and it seems to be a bit better though o might move up to 30 on c yclics to soften it up a bit more. Is there a way to get it to level a lil faster then having it be so slow? Its like constantly having to balance two balls on top of each other while my 250 with 7200bx is great and stable as can be. As it is my 450 I feel is holding me back from progressing because I'm so unsure of the 3gx and its movements/feel of it as it moves around.

Inputs, thoughts, help would be great.

I do plan on putting a vbar on it shortly once it comes in but for the mean time I would like to see if I can get it a lil bit more stable.

(I.Y.A.O.Y.A.S.)
alyon187 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2015, 08:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

You should be upgrading your firmware to Ver 3.1 . Just as a note , I found that some of the older 3GX units like yours don't function well and were quiet buggy with Ver 4.0 firmware and above but fly well running Ver 3.1.
Vibes can cause a FBL unit to feel very vague and unconnected. With that in mind , are you sure that everything is in good mechanically shape and well balanced before going any further.
Obviously your DR's and Flip/Roll rates can be tuned to make your Heli feel less twitchy. I've used DR's on the Cyclic of a 450 as high as 45% but usually the Tail requires very little if any at all.
I now fly BD3SX and Spirit units as they offer full rescue functions. It's a feature that I wanted to help progress my flying with the least amount of crashes and stress !!
Van Scott is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2015, 08:40 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My heli feels very connected, any movement of the sticks and it moves like I said almost twitchy. But since ive added some more expo that's calmed down some. The videos it sounds very smooth. I did put another bearing in the tt shaft just because I feel from a mechanics point of view it makes more sense. So really it flys good besides me having to constantly make cyclic inputs to keep it leave which I feel the fbl unit should be doing on its own... like my bx.

(I.Y.A.O.Y.A.S.)
Old 04-22-2015, 08:43 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I know theres a function/slider in the program to make the swash move to center faster, mine moves very slow and when doing the cd tests you can barely notice them move, but I never have set up this system before and dont wanna start messing with things without some inputs. So mechanically its great, blades track to a razor in flight and on ground, no weird movements, and solid tail.

(I.Y.A.O.Y.A.S.)
Old 04-23-2015, 07:02 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Can anyone recommend some options so I can get it a lil more stable? I like how the 2.1 flies so I would like to keep it there w the software.

(I.Y.A.O.Y.A.S.)
Old 04-23-2015, 02:36 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I love how in this hobby when you finally get something to work or when you figure out something that made improvements! !

I took 007s advice and lowered my flip rates from the default (40) I believe down to 35 and upped the swashplate centering from default (50) to 60. It was a bit windy out but I could def tell a difference in how ot popped up and how the cyclics felt. For once instead of popping up and immediately have to correct the cyclic has it was always wanting to move start moving forward after lift off. Well this time I popped it up and it stayed, basically in the same area as when it came off the ground. I also noticed that my adjustments weren't causing the heli to twitch when the inputs were used. I did notice that however the tail is starting to want to "wonder" to the right very slowly.

Can someone help me on what I can do to fix this part of the flight?

I did not set this heli up, my lhs did and I can now see on the software that everything was at their default positions. So some help w fine tuning the 3gx would be great!

(I.Y.A.O.Y.A.S.)
Old 04-23-2015, 07:47 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I got a few more flights in today even though the wind was off and on pretty regularly so at times my heli would be all over the place and others it would do fine. I mostly hovered and did some small turns to see if I could trust the leveling of the swash plate back to its center position and it did. Once I get a day that I can get a few GOOD flights in w mild wind I might make a few small adjustments from there but I feel it would probably just be to the swash leveling slider up a few points.

Before the adjustments I really dis not trust the heli, I would give inputs or turns and would have to pucker up and watch very closely to see if it was tilting and what I had to do to correct it. Now I feel that it flys alot better and it is centering without very much inputs.

I am noticing still that for some reason the tail is wanting to sometimes move very slowly, like starting to drift to the right. Idk if its hs, cuz ive just been flying in normal mode because of what I stated before, or sometging else.

(I.Y.A.O.Y.A.S.)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in