Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Compass Helicopters > Warp 360

Warp 360 Compass Warp 360 Model Helicopter Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2012, 12:18 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Warped ...

.... guys, my initial reaction to my kit had some mild disappointment during the build process. That said, I had very few issues in my kit (one tail bearing was wrong, links split for the swash to grip, and the motor noise). Compass and the dealer network is working hard to get these issues corrected, some of you will note that some of these changes can already be seen in the newer batch of kits. Put aside your initial thoughts until you get a chance to fly this helicopter several times.

Since I've started flying my machine, I've absolutely fallen in love with it, to the point where this is very rapidly becoming my favourite helicopter to fly. I've been flying it exclusively lately, including at our weekly fly at the air force base gymnasium where I usually bring my micros. This evening, I brought only my Warp 360.

Guys, I love my Warp 360. It flies way bigger than it is, the cyclic is crisp and accurate, it's stable, and instills confidence. It flies like a miniature 7HV ... and I think this is going to be my weekly indoor flyer and my micros are getting sold off again.

I did manage to get a couple of outdoor flights in as well. I ended up with the white and red canopy because my customers all wanted the red and black (aka angry birds) canopy. I wasn't thrilled about the photos I initially saw of this canopy, but guys, the photos don't do it justice. I'm so glad I ended up with this canopy - it absolutely pops against the sky and looks like a million bucks!

Don't let the negative hype and minor issues get in the way of a great flying helicopter. Try to put any first impressions aside (good or bad) and fly your Warp 360 ... I think the majority of you will agree that this is a fantastic bird to fly.

Don't judge a book by its cover.

Last edited by Jeff_Barrett; 12-09-2012 at 02:35 AM.. Reason: Grammar
Jeff_Barrett is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2012, 02:28 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nice post, Jeff.
ScotY is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2012, 08:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I was considering the idea of buying a Warp, but for now I preferred getting the Atom 500.

Like every new product, the Warp has issues, besides a serious kit/parts shortage problem.

I will wait the situation to improve, that should take a few months. I really want one, but for me it's not time yet.

BTW, congrats for the new heli!

Cheers!

Enviado de meu GT-I9300 usando o Tapatalk 2

Not flying anything - model or full - since 2017!
ARM_Coder is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2012, 08:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Warped

We also observe that warp had some problem which is the tail blade stopped earlier rather then main blade. How to make auto rotation going smoothly. It is an error for this warp. We also had post the suggestion to Compass but the owner still ignore that. They should improve the gear system to make it running well but no improvement had be done. To bad for the buyer coz owner sell the bullshit. The owner got a bull but buyer got are shit..OMG
junidi is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2012, 09:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

You will enjoy your Atom 500. It was my first Compass heli and my first real Flybarless heli.
mpolzin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2012, 09:04 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wish I knew the feeling...

Have you flown a mini Protos Jeff?
Or what other 450 size heli's have you flown?
Old 12-09-2012, 09:12 PM   #7 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Jun,

The non-driven tail was designed that way. Personally, I didn't buy this heli for its autorotation manners.

Sent from my phone
Old 12-09-2012, 09:17 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by junidi View Post
We also observe that warp had some problem which is the tail blade stopped earlier rather then main blade. How to make auto rotation going smoothly. It is an error for this warp.
This isn't an error ... it's a design feature. The Logo 400 I believe also disconnects the tail on an auto-rotation. You don't need the tail rotor to auto-rotate. If you don't like the product, that's fine, you're entitled to an opinion but there's no need to swear or poo-poo the product. It flies great ... one of my favourites to date.

I speak with Luke (the owner) and he is receptive to ideas, so I'm not sure what kind of relationship you have with him, or why you feel the need to trash him in a forum he doesn't frequent where he can't defend or respond to your comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossk View Post
Wish I knew the feeling... Have you flown a mini Protos Jeff?
Or what other 450 size heli's have you flown?
The only other 450 I've flown is a Trex. I have access to the Mini-P as a dealer, and a few friends with them, but I haven't flown one yet. I'm a Compass guy through and through.
Jeff_Barrett is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2012, 09:23 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Warped

Bob. u r right. We bought that heli not just for auto rotation. That what we observe and trying to improve warp itself. Compare with other heli, this is total different on that spec. When the motor stop. the tail will stop accordingly. In that case when something happen during flying, your baby will not be save or in other word try to minimize the damage or recover. That my opinion
junidi is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2012, 05:15 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
We also observe that warp had some problem which is the tail blade stopped earlier rather then main blade. How to make auto rotation going smoothly. It is an error for this warp. We also had post the suggestion to Compass but the owner still ignore that. They should improve the gear system to make it running well but no improvement had be done. To bad for the buyer coz owner sell the bullshit. The owner got a bull but buyer got are shit..OMG
As rude as this post is, I find it hilarious!
Old 12-10-2012, 05:16 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Bob. u r right. We bought that heli not just for auto rotation. That what we observe and trying to improve warp itself. Compare with other heli, this is total different on that spec. When the motor stop. the tail will stop accordingly. In that case when something happen during flying, your baby will not be save or in other word try to minimize the damage or recover. That my opinion
I don't own a Mini-Protos but what do you think about it? I am willing to bet that the Warp will auto MUCH better than the MP if your motor fails.
Old 12-10-2012, 07:34 AM   #12 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
This heli is fully capable of an auto-rotation. You just won't have rudder control. Check a few of the pre-release videos and you'll see some autos.

I've had to auto my .50 nitros a few times with no rudder input due to tail failures. Not everything is lost just because the tail stops with the motor.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:50 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotY View Post
I don't own a Mini-Protos but what do you think about it? I am willing to bet that the Warp will auto MUCH better than the MP if your motor fails.
A friend of mine just picked up a Mini Protos... we are building our helis at the same time and fly together... so we will put this to the test.
BaconRaygun is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2012, 08:57 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

A non driven tail will force you to learn landing in all orientations when doing auto's.
You can still bank n' yank to put it where you want, just no piro stuff.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:00 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotY View Post
As rude as this post is, I find it hilarious!

For a brief moment, I thought I was on RR. LOL!
Old 12-10-2012, 09:03 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

the deal with the mini protos is you can run the belt pretty loose. it has more drag then a tt for sure but if your good with auto rotations it can easily be done. must be good at autos with any 450 size heli.

Last edited by keither1984; 12-10-2012 at 10:37 AM..
keither1984 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2012, 09:37 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by GimpyGolden View Post
A non driven tail will force you to learn landing in all orientations when doing auto's.
You can still bank n' yank to put it where you want, just no piro stuff.
Fow reals... I'm an auto addict though (though I don’t yet do anything aerobatic), so I am already OK with landing in all orientations.

Honestly, my only real concern is the skids catching and causing a tip over.
BaconRaygun is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2012, 09:44 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Great post Jeff! I totally agree with you. This is fast becoming my favorite machine to fly, it's such a joy. I have a set of unused 5065mg's and a 9257 sitting here that I'm going to do another build with after the first of the year. This heli is a winner in my book, such a joy to fly!

Team Scorpion
Gawl is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2012, 09:57 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaconRaygun View Post
Fow reals... I'm an auto addict though (though I don’t yet do anything aerobatic), so I am already OK with landing in all orientations.

Honestly, my only real concern is the skids catching and causing a tip over.

I love's me auto's too, never so much on a 450. Hoping the Warp will change that.
Fanciest I've done is a roll out of inverted with L600, scary stuff but didn't need tail to do it.

Not to worried about a tip over, not going to damage much with power out and head speed dropping anyway. Even when my 7Hv tips over the odd one most it does is break a head link, usually they just pop off though.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:07 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gawl View Post
Great post Jeff! I totally agree with you. This is fast becoming my favorite machine to fly, it's such a joy. I have a set of unused 5065mg's and a 9257 sitting here that I'm going to do another build with after the first of the year. This heli is a winner in my book, such a joy to fly!

Awesome to hear! Your comment about the inner motor holes caught my attention and helped me avoid any trouble with that build detail. Thanks for that, Gawl!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in