Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Compass Helicopters > Warp 360

Warp 360 Compass Warp 360 Model Helicopter Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2014, 12:25 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default How "stable" is a Warp compared to a... Protos 500

This is probably a dumb question since they are obviously a different class of helis, but everyone says how big the Warp feels. My question is how "big" does the Warp fly when compared with the Protos 500?
Pharaoh is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2014, 08:36 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

It's not a 500, so in theory it is less stable. However, modern FBL units make most any heli relatively stable if set up for the task.

The warp flies 'bigger' because it is a little bigger than an average 450, specifically in the canopy department. It feels more solid due to the head design, which also makes it feel bigger, but in this sense it is not a matter of stability but rather a matter of feeling connected.
BaconRaygun is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2014, 04:05 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Maybe things go smoother with the Warp on windy days. The Protos has light disk loading, and very light if stretched.
The Warp has a nice solid weight and a rigid rotor that keeps tracking perfect even in gusty wind.
I'm only supposing, never compared them...
Old 05-02-2014, 09:18 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaconRaygun View Post
It's not a 500, so in theory it is less stable. However, modern FBL units make most any heli relatively stable if set up for the task.

The warp flies 'bigger' because it is a little bigger than an average 450, specifically in the canopy department. It feels more solid due to the head design, which also makes it feel bigger, but in this sense it is not a matter of stability but rather a matter of feeling connected.
+1

I can't speak to the protos as I haven't flown one, but the Warp has a certain feeling of being locked in and it is not as jumpy as smaller helis usually feel. My X3 for example has a sudden quickness to it that feels closer to the usual 450 experience. The Warp is still agile, but definitely feels smoother. and solid I am using same FBL units in both X3 and Warp with almost identical settings (obviously gyro setting is different), and same governed headspeed, yet they feel different to fly.

As BaconRaygun mentioned, the canopy gives that sensation of a large heli.
Old 05-03-2014, 09:45 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am by no means an expert pilot so take my opinion for what its worth.

In RL I can fly forward figure 8s upright and inverted any direction, loops, stall turns, sloppy rolls and pie circles which are starting to turn into shallow funnels. I can do these mostly on my 300x and starting to transition to my 360 size 450s. My protos only sees forward figure 8s.

In the sim I can do all the same plus backward figure 8s, backwards loops, and just a ton of other stuff I wont dare in RL.

Today was a little windier than I would have liked (5 gusting to 15). The 300x was all over the place so it only got 1 flight. The X3 was next and while it faired better I was happy when the batteries dried up (I usually really love the X3 in calmer air..much more so than the warp due to the quicker cyclic response around center). I then switched between the protos and warp 360. On calm days I much prefer the protos over the 360 and the X3 over the 360 as well. The light disc loading of the protos was apparent today and while it was much more stable than the X3 and 300x, I wasnt that comfortable flying it.

Out of all the helis, the Warp 360 felt the best in the gusty conditions today. Much less affected by the gusts than all the other helis. Usually I am timid flying the warp due to a crash with it awhile back. Today the Warp was the heli of the day. I was thinking of selling it but will have to rethink that.

Note: All my helis are running 100% throw and 15% expo on cyclic and I have robirds G31s on all (with default sport settings) but the protos which is using a microbeastx.
Old 05-04-2014, 07:10 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nice report, linklemming

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in