Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > MSH Protos > MSH Mini Protos

MSH Mini Protos MSH Mini Protos Helicopter Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2014, 10:50 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default ultra tail case by LYNX!! wonderful

hello guys,
I finally managed to mount the tail complete by lynx.
is done really well and weighs or equal to the stock or even less. (by hand, with the balance not know).
Motl is practical because it allows once mounted, to change the belt without removing anything, just remove the card side, and once reassembled, you already have the optimum voltage.
good idea also the button which is inserted in the tail boom, simette before mounting the tail fin, which locks in the queue (does not move anyway because it's pressure) and to remove it (in case you want to remove the tail full), just enter the thread of a screw and pull it out.
the guide strap is incorporated (but you can 'remove however, even if not used) in the aluminum block, already with the right flowability.

has been studied throughout to perfection, also the quality 'of the bearings is very high, and as well the screws, finally, not spanano with nothing.

I will try in a day then the flight to see the true effects in flight. definitely the gain will 'be lower.

Advertisement

Old 08-20-2014, 12:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wow that looks beefy. I don't see how it could be lighter or the same as stock but it couldn't be more than a few grams heavier. I have the lynx tail pitch lever but the stock plastic tail case slider mounts leave something to be desired (and I tried 3 different cases) so it may be worth it.
Old 08-20-2014, 12:59 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I got mine a couple weeks ago.

https://www.helifreak.com/showpost.p...5&postcount=20

I've used a lot of Lynx parts on various heli's and things before. I have to say, out of all their assemblies, the full tail assembly for the MiniP is their best work yet. Perfect no slop fit of all the components. It is a little heavier but not by much. And like you said, changing tail belts is a piece of cake with this. 3 bolts and the side case comes off and you can slip the belt off the pulley. Brilliant!

My first flights on it, compared to a 100% bone stock tail, were very noticeable. Much more locked in and precise.

I hear that Lynx are currently working on a hub and main grip upgrade for the MiniP as well. If they are as good as the tail assembly, I can't wait for those either.
OXY rep
DCflyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2014, 02:08 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

MSH tail slider 2.5g vs Lynx tail slider 3.9g ~+1.4g
MSH lever 2.8g vs Lynx lever 4.1g ~+1.3g

would be nice if someone could weight the lynx tail grips and the new tail case vs. the stock ones

BLHeli with locator beacon now!
honkytown is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2014, 02:11 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by honkytown View Post
MSH tail slider 2.5g vs Lynx tail slider 3.9g ~+1.4g
MSH lever 2.8g vs Lynx lever 4.1g ~+1.3g

would be nice if someone could weight the lynx tail grips and the new tail case vs. the stock ones
very good 2,7g in most of the stock. thanks for the data
Old 08-20-2014, 04:21 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

It would especially be nice if Lynx would focus on parts we actually need. Upgraded pinions would be more useful, just sayin´...
Old 08-20-2014, 10:36 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr dremel View Post
It would especially be nice if Lynx would focus on parts we actually need. Upgraded pinions would be more useful, just sayin´...
They're working on them as we speak. Luca has a recent post in the Lynx subforum stating that a non-OWB pinion is due to release very soon. They are also in the testing phase of a OWB version that will release sometime after pending good results.

I really hope testing goes well. I want OWB functionality on my Mini.
OXY rep
DCflyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-25-2014, 02:37 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

hello guys, yesterday I tried the new tail.
I redid the limits, I try it with the gain that I had before to notice differences.
the first thing I notice is that in blocked shots is very accurate, and also hovering in the light swinging, but there was almost imperceptible, it does more.

with the tail stock, when I was doing the tic toc, we decomposed a bit, but now it is always there, steadfast.
I increased the gain a hair, about 5 points from radio, will be 3% points from VBar.

in my opinion, eliminating the games that stock, though minimal, has gained much in accuracy, even in the fast backhand flew back in, I get the feeling he's still there, in fact the hurricane (what little I can do, but remember that it is a comparison between before and after) come out much more precise, before the tail instead a bit I slid downwards tainting the maneuver.

In short, I liked it a lot, m intend to give more info more forward, to see the actual improvement and consumption of the parties., yesterday I've only done 4 or 5 lipo, but I quickly found feeling, while I was thinking of becoming mad with the settings of the tail and I was afraid of not finding a fair compromise with the gain, instead I had to think again ..

surely (and I say this for sure) who uses it as the fbl system BX will be even better, I vbare with the tail never went very well, although I must say that I have never had a mini-relevant problems, apart some inaccuracies minimum.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in